• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

DataGhost

Drakensang: The River of Time, any of the Spiderweb Software RPGs (especially the newer ones--Avernum or Avadon), The Last Remnant, and Expeditions: Viking or Expeditions Conquistador. Throw in Dead State if you're OK with hella jank in a game, as well.

Those are about the lowest-profile ones I can think of off-hand.

XCOM 2 would be my first recommendation, but XCOM: EU with its expansion isn't bad either. The sequel improves on a lot of stuff, but is different enough that playing the first game isn't a waste of tme or anything. Also, the modding community around both are great.

Like, I'm currently playing XCOM 2 with some mods and it's the most fun I've ever had in these games. It's sooo goood.

I was hyped for dead state for years but sadly the final product was not what I was expecting and it was pretty boring when I finally watched some gameplay footage

fallout

rxqnjWr.jpg

I have no regrets about this

(The code was actually from IndieGala, as I don't think there's any way to gift a game through Steam itself while hiding what it is.)
You monster.

CHC

Despite the overwhelmingly negative reviews based on its full price, I think I might pick up the Mankind Divided season pass. 2 DLCs that seem to total to about 8 hours for $7.50 is fine with me, and I kind of want to revisit the game despite how much I love to shit on it.

Despite the overwhelmingly negative reviews based on its full price, I think I might pick up the Mankind Divided season pass. 2 DLCs that seem to total to about 8 hours for $7.50 is fine with me, and I kind of want to revisit the game despite how much I love to shit on it.
Check out the price for the complete your collection for the series. That makes the season pass about a buck fifty for me.

CHC

Check out the price for the complete your collection for the series. That makes the season pass about a buck fifty for me.

Good call, but unfortunately it's 10 cents more expensive in my case. Fucking Invisible War, still causing trouble all these years later!

Jimrpg

My sale plan for after I sell all my trading cards -

What I will probably pick up:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Vive La France. - It's so annoying any time there's a new update or patch it breaks promods. So I guess I'll pick this up.

Atelier Sophie - I have been meaning to pick up an Atelier game as I got Shallie Plus for Vita but people tell me I should play Ayesha/Escha&Logy first. I hope they bring those out on steam one day.

Ys Origins - As soon as Play-Asia lets me cancel my Vita version of Ys Origins (which costs 10x more $25 instead of $2.50 on Steam in Malaysia) I will pick this up instead.

What I will probably pass on:

Planet Coaster: I'm overloaded with games right now, so I'm going to hold off on this.

Grim Dawn: Still want to play more Diablo 3 first before moving on to this.

Dragon Quest Heroes: Going to wait until there's a lull in backlog (probably never).

Nier: Automata : Still too expensive.

So I just bought the steam version of XIV. Can I play free to 35?

Up to level 35 is the trial. If you've already bought and activated the game, you'll get one month of free play time but no more trial. It'd be best if you maximize the trial first before activating your account. It may take 1-2 weeks to reach 35.

Up to level 35 is the trial. If you've already bought and activated the game, you'll get one month of free play time but no more trial. It'd be best if you maximize the trial first before activating your account. It may take 1-2 weeks to reach 35.
So the trial is a separate launcher?

So the trial is a separate launcher?

I'm not sure as FFXIV steam is locked in my region. But with non-steam version, you can play the trial with the regular launcher/client then continue with the same account if you decide to purchase the game. Maybe look if there's a demo/trial button on the steam store page?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, so I shouldn't have bought it first. Alas.

Well, the 30 days won't start to tick down until you register your standard edition key, which you can put off until you've exhausted the trial. I doubt the game will be discounted further before then.

Edit: The Steam version never been more than half off, at least, so, yeah, I wouldn't worry.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Maybe I just suck but Dying Light is hard as balls on Hard.

Also lol, "Left4Bread"

239140_20170624001335h2unn.jpg
There's absolutely nothing better than charging a zombie on top of a building at full speed and then tossing out a drop kick to send them flying off the building. NOTHING.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
There's absolutely nothing better than charging a zombie on top of a building at full speed and then tossing out a drop kick to send them flying off the building. NOTHING.

I have loved tossing enemies off buildings and into pits since Double Dragon on the NES, and Dying Light scratches the hell out of that itch. Neat game.

PBalfredo

I recently made an ill-advised purchase of big fancy flightstick + hotas to play some of the old X-Wing and TIE Fighter games. Are there any other good flight games on steam to justify my purchase play? Ideally something that has good single player missions, but doesn't require a pilots license in real life just to get off the ground.

Also, is Ace Combat: Assault Horizon worth it? I really enjoyed AC 5 and 6. I know AH differs from the rest a bit. Worth playing or should I just wait for AC 7?

I recently made an ill-advised purchase of big fancy flightstick + hotas to play some of the old X-Wing and TIE Fighter games. Are there any other good flight games on steam to justify my purchase play? Ideally something that has good single player missions, but doesn't require a pilots license in real life just to get off the ground.

Have you tried Strike Suit Zero? 75% off at the moment.

I know I'm going to love Dead Cells but I'm holding out for a Switch version. Good idea or bad idea? Does it seem like it'll come out of early access in the next year or so?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
man resident evil 7 looks really dope on that giantbomb video

might get it down the line

I'd recommend it, it's a pretty fun game and I hope it's a foundation that Capcom builds upon more in the future since I think there's still a lot more for Capcom to explore with a first-person angle to the series. It also helps that the setting is pretty interesting and the villains tread the line between being menacing and comedic very well, making them entertaining in the right ways but while also not losing their threat or scariness at times.

I think that describes RE7 in a lot of ways, it treads several lines that could of gone badly for the game if it treaded it in the wrong way, but it actually manages to bring all of its elements together to make a good game with its risks and manages to end up on executing what it sets out to do well, most of the time.

I also will say that probably my favorite segment of RE7 is actually the middle couple hours, so if you just watched the GiantBomb Quick Look there's still a lot in store I think. Also there's a free story DLC (that will be free for everyone) which should release in the next few months, so free new gameplay and story content is always welcome.

shockdude

Pruning the wishlist is fun. I've probably removed 30 games thus far.
It's currently at 125, with 7 of those games in the cart. Thinking of bringing it down to 100.

Working my way through Ass Creed Rogue. Ignoring non-story and optional objectives because I have done it all many, many times before.

The game will be worth it if I can kill
Violet da Costa. How I loathe that character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom