• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

shockdude

also 2b is missing a chunk of her leg for some reason

7vy1Yvs.png
There's another sticker on that page whose leg is in front of 2B's, filling the hole that you see.

But yeah I don't get why Steam put holes in the stickers instead of just properly layering the images on the website.

zkylon

zkylewd
i actually find this stickers thing to be kinda neat

wish they let you make your own scenes and crap but it's at least it's nice there's a bit of interaction without it being completely tied to spending money

there's room for improvement but i think that's the type of event they should be doing

also is there any way to buy a single item off your cart?

i know it's a dumb question but i don't want to remove everything cos i'll forget later lol

you need to complete the page to move stuff i think
that's a really weird thing

lol

There's another sticker on that page whose leg is in front of 2B's, filling the hole that you see.

But yeah I don't get why Steam put holes in the stickers instead of just properly layering the images on the website.
yeah i figured but it feels so weird that they would do it like this

Dr.Acula

Banned
How do you gaffers feel about Dying Light? Is the expansion necessary?

Never played the expansion as the base game is quite beefy. The expansion focused on driving (da fuk?) and doesn't really have the parkour elements which were one of the best aspects of the base game.

Personally, I loved Dying Light. The drop-in/drop-out co-op was brilliant, not sure if it's super active anymore, maybe there may be a bump in the player-base due to the sale, but if you can play it with friends it's great. Playing on your own is fine too.

Again, it was super fun, one of my favs of the last few years.

Nzyme32

8b3nm3r.png

i appreciate the intent but.... whoof

i'm confused about the stickers

i can't even move them or anything?

i wanted to do stuff to 2b

?
I can move them. Click on it and then you get a box to move it and/or remove it.

These are all game related stickers - though I barely know some of the games - yet I do appreciate an Archon chilling near a pool (from Tyranny)

You need to a complete a full page to "unlock" it and then you can arrange the stickers as you wish. Don't think it really serves a meaningful purpose, but then again who knows

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was forced to break my no-EA rule with Dead Cells. Played it for about half an hour and yeah, this shit is absolutely fantastic.

It will easily be a GOTY contender for whatever year it comes out for realsies for me.

jediyoshi

#lazydevs

They were probably authored in its final state and then separated at the end.

3d action adventure or 3d action rpg suggestions please . under 10 dollars only. Something like witcher or fallout or zelda or ff( no turn based thoug). I got shadow of mordor.

Anno

Hollow Knight is showing an unsurprisingly sharp increase in Steam Spy estimates after the first couple days. Top concurrent up 150% as well. If Team Cherry was happy with the performance previously I can't imagine how they feel now.

Picked up the flame in the flood, considering getting Domina. Looks hella fun, anyone have any impressions of Domina?

There weren't any women wearing fur coats over leather catsuits and wielding whips, so...it kinda fell short of initial expectations. Still, the concept is pretty interesting, even if the pixel art is a bit derivative at this point.

_woLf

Two questions.

1. Is there a good place to see if a game in the steam sale is cheaper elsewhere?

2. Any current deals on steambucks somewhere?

I've decided I'm not spending any money on this sale, other than my steam wallet which is only 5usd. Although I might buy trails in the sky SC but nonetheless... I have a decision to make!

Just looking at my wishlist:
Dishonored (played/beat multiple times)

Survivalist http://steamcommunity.com/app/340050

Transistor

Halfway http://steamcommunity.com/app/253150

Tales of Symphonia ** probably leading the race so far

Hard West http://steamcommunity.com/app/307670

Age of Empires 2 HD

Force of Nature http://steamcommunity.com/app/568570

Help me decide.

Is tales of symphonia still a great game as I heard?

Hard West is a game I've been eyeing for a while.

Almost tempted to spend money to buy more. Must resist!

Here's my haul, I have no regrets.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- : $9.89
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 : $14.99
Dragonia : $1.19
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Full : $15.99
Material Girl : $1.19
Battle Fantasia -Revised Edition- : $2.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution : $3.99
Half-Life 2 : $0.99
Half-Life 2: Episode 1 : $0.79
Half-Life 2: Episode 2 : $0.79
Brutal Legend : $1.49
Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force : $9.99
Azure Striker Gunvolt: $3.74
Outlast: Whistleblower DLC : $1.34
The Hurricane of the Varstray -Collateral hazard- : $1.99
Portal : $0.74
Portal 2 : $1.49

Total : $73.58 (Not bad if I say so myself)

AND

Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition : $0.01 (yes a penny!) from Gamestop.

HOWEVER

Gamestop sold it to me without a Steam key, so in other words I just have an unplayable disc. Any suggestions?

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Here's my haul, I have no regrets.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- : $9.89
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 : $14.99
Dragonia : $1.19
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Full : $15.99
Material Girl : $1.19
Battle Fantasia -Revised Edition- : $2.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution : $3.99
Half-Life 2 : $0.99
Half-Life 2: Episode 1 : $0.79
Half-Life 2: Episode 2 : $0.79
Brutal Legend : $1.49
Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force : $9.99
Azure Striker Gunvolt: $3.74
Outlast: Whistleblower DLC : $1.34
The Hurricane of the Varstray -Collateral hazard- : $1.99
Portal : $0.74
Portal 2 : $1.49

Total : $73.58 (Not bad if I say so myself)

AND

Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition : $0.01 (yes a penny!) from Gamestop.

HOWEVER

Gamestop sold it to me without a Steam key, so in other words I just have an unplayable disc. Any suggestions?

Explains why it was a penny then...you paid for an unplayable game. Hope the plastic is worth the penny.

Burt

I've decided I'm not spending any money on this sale, other than my steam wallet which is only 5usd. Although I might buy trails in the sky SC but nonetheless... I have a decision to make!

Survivalist http://steamcommunity.com/app/3400

Transistor

Age of Empires 2 HD

Help me decide.

Just to shout out an underappreciated gem -- Halfway is very good, and well worth the money at that price point. Most of the negative impressions I've seen about it generally seem to stem from bringing in preconceptions on how to play from X-COMs, which often doesn't work out well here.

venomenon

3d action adventure or 3d action rpg suggestions please . under 10 dollars only. Something like witcher or fallout or zelda or ff( no turn based thoug). I got shadow of mordor.
If you can put up with a certain jankiness, the Risen series, especially 1 and 3.
If you can put up with even more jankiness and dated visuals, Gothic 2 and 3.

Survivalist http://steamcommunity.com/app/3400

Transistor

Age of Empires 2 HD

Help me decide.

I think you should pick the game you linked in survivalist :p

How do people feel about the Neptunia games? Are there some decent RPG mechanics in there or is it all about creepy fanservice? Disgaea has become my favorite series due to the deep leveling mechanics so I can deal with a little of that stuff. I just want there to be a decent game underneath.

Megasoum

Banned
MOTHERFUCKING WINDOWS 10 just killed me in the middle of a super good run of Dead Cells with the stupid "Hey you should probably reboot to update" pop-up

Megasoum

Banned
This is why borderless is life

I was borderless but I lost focus on the window so the gamepad stopped working and I was in the middle of a fight with 4-5 ennemies.... By the time I realized I had lost focus and had to alt-tab back I was dead.

Now that I think about it... If I was real fullscreen the game might have paused automatically when kicked out.

I was borderless but I lost focus on the window so the gamepad stopped working and I was in the middle of a fight with 4-5 ennemies.... By the time I realized I had lost focus and had to alt-tab back I was dead.

Now that I think about it... If I was real fullscreen the game might have paused automatically when kicked out.
Life is unwinnable then

That sucks though, I fucking hate windows updates doing that. Just... Leave it in a bubble somewhere and I'll do it eventually.

BasilZero

My haul so far....I think I'll buy 1-2 more games tops.

Waiting to see if other stores may have the games at a better deal.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 Gold Edition - $13
Sonic Lost World - $7.50
The Walking Dead Season 2 - $6.24
Prince of Persia Warrior Within - $5
LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 - $5
LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 - $5
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor GOTY - $4
SEGA Classics: Dr Robotniks Mean Bean Machine - $1.24

I usually spend around $50 per Summer sale.

SOLDIER

I'm really curious what people thought about Outlast II. Is it as good as the first game? Better? Worse?

I could go for another good horror experience, I'm just wondering if I should wait for it to drop a bit lower.

Elija2

Is Hollow Knight as demanding as the system requirements seem to suggest? I'm not sure if my laptop will be able to handle it.

low-G

MOTHERFUCKING WINDOWS 10 just killed me in the middle of a super good run of Dead Cells with the stupid "Hey you should probably reboot to update" pop-up

Would you believe that my education version of Windows 10 suffers from no such thing. I can't believe that shit is forced in other versions...

Sarcasm

Anywhere selling Stardew Valley cheaper than Steam?

According to enhanced steam this is the lowest it has ever been and on steam.

Guys I got two games (game and a dlc), trying to keep under 10 bucks. Live in Taiwan currently, but those two are just over 5 bucks. So any suggestions?

Ibuki

Banned
Explains why it was a penny then...you paid for an unplayable game. Hope the plastic is worth the penny.

At a retail chain like GameStop when they are phasing out a product it becomes 'pennied out' and the price changes to one cent. It's not even supposed to be sold at that point though, pretty sure it's supposed to be disposed of unless that changed in the last few years.

BasilZero

I really wish Namco would release Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 at the very least on Steam :(

Xenoverse series is good but....eh....i prefer the traditional fighter.

jholmes

Saturday night's all right for free games! There's a small outside chance one or two of these got claimed and I forgot, so if that happens, contact me to arrange you punching me in the face or something along those lines.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jholmes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

A Druid's Duel -- MB-1A7FCDC4FC9DF3B1 - Taken by longlivegaming
Killing Floor -- MB-CD1284DB22C2ED64 - Taken by Timedog
Mars: War Logs -- MB-2525D5C0615AC7D7 - Taken by FLD
Space Quest Collection -- MB-F04B51AE9CBF960C - Taken by Madventure
Star Wars Starfighter -- MB-C7C49CEABC2AB012 - Taken by Booki
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-CEA32C9E897C042B - Taken by Mobius and pet octopus
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II -- MB-37095938AFE60E4B - Taken by Ventara
Have I mentioned this ^^^ got a really cool update a couple years back?
Tomb Raider: Anniversary -- MB-E04CE0E2172D0642 - Taken by Spring-Loaded

Lain

Which final fantasy games would y'all recommend if I've only played 7 and 15?

Depends on which of the two you liked, or liked more and why.
If you liked the turn based combat of 7, then 8 and 9 are good choices.
If you liked the story, 9 is a good choice.
If you liked the action focus of XV, the XIII games offer a more action type of gameplay compared to the other games in the series prior to them.
If you liked the boy band feel, X-2 with its girl power approach can be a nice one (it also has a pretty cool battle system). X with the character swaps during battles is cool too.

Personally I think all FF games are more or less good, even the ones I highly dislike like 8. It's just a question of knowing what you're getting into.

Vibranium

Banned
Ok, I think I'm going to buy Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis with my last few bucks, but I might hold off it for a few days. As a big Indy fan I hear tons of good stuff about it, and I love point/click.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom