• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

jholmes

I hate to re-post and draw too much attention to this but I wouldn't want this to get buried at the end of the last page. (EDIT: Reposted this wrong, whoops!)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jholmes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Killing Floor -- MB-CD1284DB22C2ED64 - Taken by Timedog

Melchior

Ended up grabbing N++ and Prey. I know N++ can last me until Splatoon 2 release but hopefully I get good mileage out of Prey. I've heard great things about both games. Also I was hitting low 1mb download on LA servers but swapping to Japan got me up to 20mb so thats nice.

Probity

I've got like a $15-30 more I am willing to spend based on my steam wallet, anyone have any serious recommendations? I haven't played a lot of the biggest indies but I've bought a few of the ones talked about here. Just built my PC less than a year ago (though I've played a lot of games). I'm not particular about genres though, and if you have any good co-op game suggestions or something else I could give my gf that's great too.

I've got like a $15-30 more I am willing to spend based on my steam wallet, anyone have any serious recommendations? I haven't played a lot of the biggest indies but I've bought a few of the ones talked about here. Just built my PC less than a year ago (though I've played a lot of games). I'm not particular about genres though, and if you have any good co-op game suggestions or something else I could give my gf that's great too.
Some personal favorites:
Duskers
Unexplored
Brigador
Darkest Dungeon
House of the Dying Sun
Caves of Qud
SUPERHOT
Infinifactory
Cryptark
Bleed 2
Thoth
Starship Rubicon
Sublevel Zero
Battle Brothers

If you don't already have it on PS4, Earth Defense Force 4.1 is an easy recommendation for co-op

SlickVic

8b3nm3r.png

i appreciate the intent but.... whoof

i'm confused about the stickers

i can't even move them or anything?

i wanted to do stuff to 2b

Think I'm missing the reference, but is the face a character from another game?

Ass Creed Rogue update:

Assassins d-bags, have been betrayed.
Templars okayish, waiting for their inevitable heel turn.
Shay is okay. Least evil/d-baggish of the non-Ezio assassins.
Still want to kill that IT lady.

yuraya

I'm just blown away by the sense of exploration in Hollow Knight. I think I've only discovered like the 4th or 5th map in the game but damn this thing is freaking massive. I can't remember the last time any type of game made me lose track of where I was and didn't know exactly where to go next despite there being so many restricted areas. So much Dark Souls vibes in this one. I'm legit shook.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys... So I started playing Pillars of Eternity and really enjoying it so far but I have two quick QoL questions...

1-Is there any way to auto-sort the inventory? Like just bunch up all the items together without having to manually drag and drop each one individually?

2-When in combat, is there a way to make it so that when I click on a skill on my action bar it automatically does it to my current target instead of forcing me to manually click on the ennemy after clicking the skill?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anybody know how to send a steam support ticket regarding lost categories? I don't see the issue under support?

The option to contact support now only appears in certain topics, such as client crashes. Unrelated queries won't be ignored, though, so feel free to try your luck.

I'm just blown away by the sense of exploration in Hollow Knight. I think I've only discovered like the 4th or 5th map in the game but damn this thing is freaking massive. I can't remember the last time any type of game made me lose track of where I was and didn't know exactly where to go next despite there being so many restricted areas. So much Dark Souls vibes in this one. I'm legit shook.

Yeah this also surprised me, the game just keeps on going. The amount of areas/sub areas/ hidden areas and locked areas is huge.
It was only after 5/6 hours that I discovered what the actual main objective of the game is.

While it can be a turnoff to some, I really love how it fiddles with genre conventions and has you blind exploring new areas until you find the cartographer. I actually felt like I was exploring rather than simply filling out a map.

It's the only game I've played so far that has legitimately captured the feel and tone that Dark Souls did so well. None of the other 2D Soulslike have come close IMO. Hell, even the AAA and 3D indie Soulslikes don't come close.

And yes, the game is gargantuan. It's incredibly impressive for an indie project. I'm almost tempted to say hold off on the map items, because you learn the map when you have to look for landmarks and distinct room designs

Oh my... Buying a Steam Direct slot to get a game on Steam will give you 10 Summer Trading Cards right now. Huh.

Unrelated, but while I have you here. Are there any turn based strategy horror games that you would recommend?

EDIT: Also. You never did your 3-6 dollar post in the hidden gems thread! I've been waiting all day mang.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Unrelated, but while I have you here. Are there any turn based strategy horror games that you would recommend?

Oh my, horror and strategy games are a bit rarer (not nonexistent though), a few that come to mind off the top.

This is a bit unorthodox but I think it counts, I rather enjoyed my time with Fear Equation: http://store.steampowered.com/app/428350/Fear_Equation/

The closest is probably Call of Cthulhu: Wasted Lands, though the strategy element is a bit simple (not bad, just standard): http://store.steampowered.com/app/251390/Call_of_Cthulhu_The_Wasted_Land/

Probably the best but a bit of a twist from typical strategy games is Dead Age: http://store.steampowered.com/app/363930/Dead_Age/

I don't really consider it a strategy game, but it is turn-based and horror themed, so Darkest Dungeon does deserve a callout: http://store.steampowered.com/app/262060/Darkest_Dungeon/

Atom Zombie Smasher is pretty good too: http://store.steampowered.com/app/55040/Atom_Zombie_Smasher/

A few off the top.

EDIT: Probably won't be today or tomorrow as working, BUT I WILL TRY TO DO IT WHEN I HAVE TIME.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
At the risk of sounding ignorant, what's a Steam Direct slot?

It's how you get your game on Steam now that they got rid of Steam Greenlight. You pay a $100 fee and then if you're already an approved developer (as in, you've released a few things on Steam before) you can work on your store page, if you're new you have to wait a few weeks for them to background check and approve you and then another period for your store page to get reviewed.

I have released several games on Steam, and I was buying a 'slot' as in a store page to put a game on it to the market, but for buying the $100 Steam Direct fee during the Summer Sale I ended up getting 10 Steam Summer Sale Cards which surprised me. XD;

So GAF, go for House of the Dying Sun or Near Death? Trying to maximize my one steam wallet purchase

I bought House of the Dying Sun a couple of weeks ago and don't regret it. It's short but sweet, and being in the cockpit is a great experience. Play with headphones on, the sound is sweet.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
A few keys for Steam GAF.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 89 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jive Turkey, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-90DD9C8C6251A9BD - Taken by ACSwift. 11 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
SPINTIRES -- MB-76F60F4B62C59EE6 - Taken by Cels. 31 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Shadow Warrior Special Edition -- MB-445653D339E15977 - Taken by gurm3n. 13 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-3328CE29AFD10EE3 - Taken by QFNS. 23 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
WARMACHINE Tactics -- MB-015AB21641840CCE - Taken by Madventure. 7 entrants total.
10 Second Ninja X -- MB-0C2D55ABA284A0D9 - Taken by dot. 11 entrants total.
1001 Spikes -- MB-C530CB453D2EFB42 - Taken by neto. 10 entrants total.
12 is Better Than 6 -- MB-DBC5A9132445AA76 - Taken by LogicStep. 17 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-AEA8D2A7420F92F8 - Taken by Sophist. 8 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle #2 -- MB-38E1E54C324FFE61 - Taken by Zeneric. 5 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-B3A9CC82DEFCFFD1 - Taken by Icelight. 7 entrants total.
Back to the Future: The Game -- MB-451F6CD2D2549121 - Taken by Johan Liebert. 8 entrants total.
BioShock -- MB-9545FDFCD65920D2 - Taken by famfrit. 14 entrants total.
Brothers A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-2CC88DF7829651E9 - Taken by Neverforget. 11 entrants total.
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare -- MB-6BBEF6BC5EC078E2 - Taken by HappyPuppy. 4 entrants total.
Chroma Squad -- MB-739123FF48555BF4 - Taken by VexationStation. 12 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-41236012B6388460 - Taken by famfrit. 2 entrants total.
Contagion #2 -- MB-631A5DD3000A41A9
Contagion #3 -- MB-9AABF7761B91C0D6
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten -- MB-E310EE7BB3EB3B04 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 4 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-60FFEF92FED5C9B2 - Taken by Diggeh. 3 entrants total.
Divide By Sheep -- MB-D5D09660DEB5C3B3 - Taken by fernandes. 4 entrants total.
Duet -- MB-115550024A3D8CC4 - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.
Euclidean -- MB-E7648B72CB139CC9 - Taken by Arthea. 7 entrants total.
Face Noir -- MB-497FBCA544CFAFBA - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-A20C519D23A9EBFF - Taken by DeliciousDoc. 2 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-40CE1515DB9B57B1 - Taken by RedFyn. 2 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition #2 -- MB-89982420AA760AC5 - Taken by Tertullian. 3 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations Ultimate Edition -- MB-190A54DF9B98BC23 - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.
GalakZ -- MB-1B63C7E28DCB4695 - Taken by microdot. 7 entrants total.
Game of Thrones -- MB-C3252B6FAEEA0BA3 - Taken by sam777. 10 entrants total.
Not the Telltale game
Goat Simulator: GOATY -- MB-5A55AD16BA5FB627 - Taken by Shalashaska. 18 entrants total.
Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-FCB8429AB8AFF034 - Taken by Sarcasm. 7 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-F10424AEBC7CF025 - Taken by Unicorn. 1 entrants total.
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-9CADC4D96AE194B5 - Taken by kendrid. 4 entrants total.
Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! -- MB-0EB8ECB75B2B61D3 - Taken by someguyinahat. 7 entrants total.
Ice Lakes -- MB-173668582E27B192 - Taken by Rockin' Ranger. 2 entrants total.
Knight Squad -- MB-C6DF821C5486D6D4 - Taken by ShinUltramanJ. 7 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-835C9053012BAD9A - Taken by Smeagol. 15 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-A97410018F4DAB53 - Taken by Dr. Worm. 6 entrants total.
Necromonads -- MB-432AB946B363637C
Neon Drive -- MB-802AD292D31D180B - Taken by lazerfox. 15 entrants total.
Not 100% sure about this key
Nevermind -- MB-860D42105E5021A4 - Taken by rainking187. 5 entrants total.
No Time To Explain Remastered -- MB-8BDDDEA2288BFA10 - Taken by TeamLeftMatch. 1 entrants total.
No Time To Explain Remastered #2 -- MB-1A649097DCA1D786 - Taken by Miniboss. 1 entrants total.
Noct -- MB-6D7869FC60EE3E01 - Taken by Jalal. 2 entrants total.
Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-0180686E31F5EC4F - Taken by Miniboss. 2 entrants total.
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee -- MB-A85B4A7EE723AADB - Taken by Stall19. 5 entrants total.
OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood -- MB-DF8C4F9B605BB834 - Taken by NeoRaider. 29 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-FFCFDE23410A350D
One Way Heroics #2 -- MB-6A38B21E9CFC5BC0 - Taken by neonglow. 3 entrants total.
Oniken -- MB-B7AD2377CCB42465
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-A78085248A7A1EB3 - Taken by Jalal. 3 entrants total. - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.
Pinball FX2 Base game and Civil War Table -- MB-533A27DFAA6D5045 - Taken by Wingus. 1 entrants total.

Pinball FX2 Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack -- MB-C32005BF63C897D8 - Taken by sid2vicious. 4 entrants total.
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-D9B402CD473173B3 - Taken by FatboyTim. 6 entrants total.
Plantera -- MB-09A369C844C83BFF - Taken by Jalal. 3 entrants total.
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-8E089CA525D2B547
Puzzle Agent -- MB-6167C3B2DE7BF7A5 - Taken by Fitz. 2 entrants total.

Puzzle Agent 2 -- MB-2AC57C4DCC1B3886 - Taken by Luckydog. 3 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut -- MB-C3343F0DE1E41FB5 - Taken by Kssio_Aug. 1 entrants total.
Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-9E9E8E8185D07502 - Taken by ZAMtendo. 4 entrants total.
STANDBY -- MB-1F266CD51D7FF47D - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 4 entrants total.
Saints Row 2 -- MB-31CC527BB2E7C095 - Taken by PolarBearsClub. 2 entrants total.
Saints Row: The Third The Full Package -- MB-0AD0AFD39E7A1900 - Taken by Valxal. 16 entrants total.
Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse -- MB-96BD61EFF05EAA20 - Taken by Monooboe. 2 entrants total.
Shadowrun Returns -- MB-C59FE47F20EA2FF8 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 8 entrants total.
Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut -- MB-8C777DE0EC76EFCD - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 20 entrants total.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-47860293294C2F23 - Taken by wagamer. 10 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-4D9493902B387B2E - Taken by Whitebison. 6 entrants total.
Stardust Vanguards -- MB-21D8788B1ED16F98 - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People -- MB-D88FFFC0DE4C0004 - Taken by javadoze. 10 entrants total.
The Beginner's Guide -- MB-57EBFEBEC6C486DA - Taken by Instro. 11 entrants total.

The Cat Lady -- MB-B9DB070D70957F82 - Taken by Garmonbozia. 7 entrants total.
The Journey Down 1 Plus 2 Bundle -- MB-13508BA8E298753E - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 1 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-1681CC316434A78A - Taken by hitmon. 10 entrants total.

The Mean Greens Plastic Warfare -- MB-69229ED479EE9FFA - Taken by Mikaju. 5 entrants total.
The Orphan Dreams -- MB-B6B480BC74B3F3EC
The Walking Dead: Season 1 -- MB-94D8992ED683A9DE - Taken by Dangerblade. 3 entrants total.
Tomb Raider I -- MB-DC05459B401787FE - Taken by thenexus6. 2 entrants total.
Tomb Raider II -- MB-F2D12BE6050ADD77 - Taken by oni-link. 1 entrants total.
Tomb Raider III -- MB-582C3D6C4EB80418 - Taken by skullmuffins. 2 entrants total.
Tourists Kidnapped a Little Bear -- MB-A4A2095E59EF6A8B - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-3C9D596FC7C47760 - Taken by Orgen. 3 entrants total.
Unholy Heights -- MB-36349D8E2C1BDDA6 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 3 entrants total.
Valdis Story: Abyssal City -- MB-DE683304764A1C70 - Taken by Dr.Social. 33 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-89E73556F2F29E6A - Taken by Neospartan. 3 entrants total.

Volgarr the Viking -- MB-0F45C81A40348F62 - Taken by theMrCravens. 6 entrants total.
Westerado: Double Barreled -- MB-A59B8F0AAF64C770 - Taken by Dyle. 15 entrants total.

t1498449842z1.png

I meant to do this before people started buying everything they could but maybe I'll be able to help a few of you save a couple bucks.

CHC

Holy shit prey is so good yall

I realized Prey was something special when I passed under a balcony early on and was like "hmm how do I get there? Oh no stairs, I guess I loop back on it later in the game, doo da doo, anyway moving on...."

Then two minutes later I miss an enemy with my new glue gun and see the chunk of glue on the wall. Wait a minute, I can climb on the glue glob....? Wait a minute, I can shoot glue to literally climb ANYWHERE?

Last time I saw that mechanic was in Deus Ex and it was called LAM climbing and it was largely a bug. In Prey it's a damn feature!

(Hollow Knight Praise)

(More Hollow Knight praise)

(So much Hollow Knight praise)

Oh my god alright fine I'll just fucking buy it already, lol

People are loving this game, man, loving it.

z3phon

Just got Dead Cells. What an amazing game, how come I haven't seen it being recommend here. Will pick up Hollow Knight too.

Oh my, horror and strategy games are a bit rarer (not nonexistent though), a few that come to mind off the top.

This is a bit unorthodox but I think it counts, I rather enjoyed my time with Fear Equation: http://store.steampowered.com/app/428350/Fear_Equation/

The closest is probably Call of Cthulhu: Wasted Lands, though the strategy element is a bit simple (not bad, just standard): http://store.steampowered.com/app/251390/Call_of_Cthulhu_The_Wasted_Land/

Probably the best but a bit of a twist from typical strategy games is Dead Age: http://store.steampowered.com/app/363930/Dead_Age/

I don't really consider it a strategy game, but it is turn-based and horror themed, so Darkest Dungeon does deserve a callout: http://store.steampowered.com/app/262060/Darkest_Dungeon/

Atom Zombie Smasher is pretty good too: http://store.steampowered.com/app/55040/Atom_Zombie_Smasher/

A few off the top.

EDIT: Probably won't be today or tomorrow as working, BUT I WILL TRY TO DO IT WHEN I HAVE TIME.

tenor.gif

THANK YOU!

Looking through the list now.

I love horror of all kinds so your lists always mean a lot. :)

Steam controller is really not the best controller for Hollow Knight, or any fast-paced game that needs quick access to ABXY buttons really, the placement of them is awkward. Can't wait for Steam controller 2.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
According to enhanced steam this is the lowest it has ever been and on steam.

Guys I got two games (game and a dlc), trying to keep under 10 bucks. Live in Taiwan currently, but those two are just over 5 bucks. So any suggestions?
I'd say La Mulana if you don't already have that. Not sure how much it is in baht, but it's $4.94 here.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I'm torn between Hollow Knight and Dead Cells - they seem to overlap each other enough that I don't think I'd play both simultaneously. DC seems more my type of game with the roguelike aspects, but its still in EA. Everyone seems to be enjoying it right now. And Hollow is done, looks super polished but maybe is a little dull gameplay wise in comparison to DC? I have Hollow in my shopping cart but I can't get myself to click the checkout button.

I'm torn between Hollow Knight and Dead Cells - they seem to overlap each other enough that I don't think I'd play both simultaneously. DC seems more my type of game with the roguelike aspects, but its still in EA. Everyone seems to be enjoying it right now. And Hollow is done, looks super polished but maybe is a little dull gameplay wise in comparison to DC? I have Hollow in my shopping cart but I can't get myself to click the checkout button.

Dead cells not having 21:9 support or a fix for it yet made me go with hollow knight for now.

file.php

So if you have a 21:9 monitor...

kevin1025

Banned
I realized Prey was something special when I passed under a balcony early on and was like "hmm how do I get there? Oh no stairs, I guess I loop back on it later in the game, doo da doo, anyway moving on...."

Then two minutes later I miss an enemy with my new glue gun and see the chunk of glue on the wall. Wait a minute, I can climb on the glue glob....? Wait a minute, I can shoot glue to literally climb ANYWHERE?

Last time I saw that mechanic was in Deus Ex and it was called LAM climbing and it was largely a bug. In Prey it's a damn feature!

Oh my god alright fine I'll just fucking buy it already, lol

People are loving this game, man, loving it.

What. I had no clue, and I'm seven hours in, haha.

TsuXna

You can't go wrong with either of them. The only problem with Dead Cells is lack of content right now. You can beat it in few hours. On the other hand, there are enough variety of weapons and perks to play it more than 1 time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom