• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you easily annoyed, Junior?

Nah I agree with it. It's a 100+ page that follows the same formula of:

1. New Deal goes live
2. 20 people in a row ask "BUT IS IT REALLY WORTH IT?" or "SELL ME ON THIS GAME GAF."
3. Pretty much everyone says buy it it.
4. Repeat

Not that it's cluttering anything up, as if a thing could even be possible, it's just not very interesting to keep seeing over and over. I think the guy has a valid viewpoint.

Nope, not in the least. Love the troll baiting attempt though, Senior.

It's not hard to search a thread for one of the thousands of comments on SR3 DLC.
That's the main thing. When Mirrors Edge has a deal, everyone will be singing it's praises on their own. You don't need to ask, just read the thread and it'll happen naturally.

1-D_FTW

Assholes keep buying Arma 2 at current price will prevent a deal from happening.

Anyone know how many people were actually playing Arma 2 on Steam before the sale? Because the peak numbers really aren't that impressive for a game that's dominating the entire Summer sales.

1. New Deal goes live
2. 20 people in a row ask "BUT IS IT REALLY WORTH IT?" or "SELL ME ON THIS GAME GAF."
4. Repeat

Not that it's cluttering anything up, as if a thing could even be possible, it's just not very interesting to keep seeing over and over. I think the guy has a valid viewpoint.

That's the main thing. When Mirrors Edge has a deal, everyone will be singing it's praises on their own. You don't need to ask, just read the thread and it'll happen naturally.

Same. And some people have a habit where you can tell they never read anything in a thread. So if they don't want to read anyone elses replies, why should they expect me to read theirs.

Searching 57 pages (or 114 pages for the 50 posts per page poors) isn't really feasible. And the truth is SR3 was last on sale in the Steam Sale OT1 and someone may not even have asked about it in this thread. Relax, the posts dont cost you anything.

Amneisac

Anyone know how many people were actually playing Arma 2 on Steam before the sale? Because the peak numbers really aren't that impressive for a game that's dominating the entire Summer sales.

Does it count as being played through Steam if they're using a different launcher? I would think most of the Dayz players are using six updater or something.

Thats actually interesting, maybe Steam doesnt track it as Arma 2 while Day z is running?

Here's a new one for me: Every game I try to launch brings up that little windows saying game is updating with that little box that says launch automatically when ready, cept it just hangs there at 0%, with all my games.

Tried ccleaning it, and made a new clientregistry.blob but neither worked, any ideas? It happened on a fresh windows restart.

Requoting to update: well now my steam is really fubar lol, I backed up steamapps and reinstalled steam, still cant launch any games, and now the games removed themselves from programs and features, but I can see them in steam library, and everyone one of them is yellow, stuck yellow download paused.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
So in case anyone was still on the fence about Train Simulator...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rulElJITIVY

Yes, you've probably seen this before, but it never hurts to watch it again!

naw dont listen to this bro, u will never be as PRO as this vid

The game that's 90% off right now is Railworks 3: Train Simulator 2012, which is not the same game as Trainz Simulator 2012 (only 50% off). A bit confusing, I know. But if you're a railfan either one is probably worth the money.

SpeedNut

Well was going to buy Railworks, then in checkout realised I already own it. It's a shame I can't break out the combo back to gift the original game and keep the DLC that I need, as even buying the game again with it is still much cheaper than buying the dlc separate on sale.

BioHazard

I bought ArmaII in a sale aaaages ago for something like $5. They are so lucky that Day Z came along...

Same here, I got Arma 2: CO for much cheaper than it is now like a year ago. Call me entitled, but I think it's kind of scummy that Bohemia hasn't honored that sale price again or offered an even better sale price (effectively "raising" the sale price) ever since DayZ became a big hit. Some greasy, EA-type shit right there. Imagine Valve now only offering like 33% on L4D2 if someone just released a great mod or add-on for it....stupid....

Sora_N

Are you easily annoyed, Junior?

ohhemad.jpg

Vamphuntr

Don't believe anyone posted this: Frozenbyte has a "Summer Seal" slot machine game going on right now where you can win Steam keys for either of the two Shadowgrounds games, or 75% off coupons for either Trine or Trine 2. If Trine 2 were to pop back up at any point, perhaps on Sunday as a "Last Chance" deal, a coupon would bring it down to about $0.94 USD.

(UPDATE: Trine coupons will not stack with any previous discount, unfortunately.)

Summer Seal

Quote for Shadowgrounds key and Trine 2 75% off coupon.

Shadowgrounds

Trine 2 75% off

I won Shadowgrounds survivor and the trine 2 coupon too lol

HoosTrax

Do you create your own character to play through the story in SR3? Or is it like GTA where you play a specific character with their own backstory? I'm getting kind of interested despite the whole immature vibe that game gives off.

Same here, I got Arma 2: CO for much cheaper than it is now like a year ago. Call me entitled, but I think it's kind of scummy that Bohemia hasn't honored that sale price again or offered an even better sale price (effectively "raising" the sale price) ever since DayZ became a big hit. Some greasy, EA-type shit right there. Imagine Valve now only offering like 33% on L4D2 if someone just released a great mod or add-on for it....stupid....

Man dont add wood to the fire, I am already pretty pissed that it wont show up on sale and that even if it does, it will be a shitty price.

LiK

Do you create your own character to play through the story in SR3? Or is it like GTA where you play a specific character with their own backstory? I'm getting kind of interested despite the whole immature vibe that game gives off.

create your own. the character creator is fucking glorious.

CTE

1. New Deal goes live
4. Repeat

This thread moves fast. I don't expect people to check for info like it's a game |OT| or something. You guys don't want to answer, then don't.

This is the way Steam sales threads go.

HoosTrax

create your own. the character creator is fucking glorious.
Hmm, that might be enough to get me to bite. I just couldn't get into GTA IV -- couldn't relate to Niko at all. I have a lot easier time getting into games like the Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect where I can make my own character.

As Ive found myself converting almost all my game time to PC due to having a comfy PC setup, a good PC finally, WAY cheaper games with great community support that look AMAZING, Ive been trading in games to Gamestop (I know, but I refuse to deal with the cesspools that are Ebay and Craigslist) for Steam credit.

Im sure its been mention, but to reiterate, they are offering an additional 30% credit on trades towards the purchase of Steam Wallet $ (and an additional 10% if your a Power Up Member).

Might be silly, but Ive been replacing so many console games to get much better looking PC versions and getting money for it pretty much.

They don't OWE us a sale though. There's nothing scummy about them offering their game at a price people are willing to pay; a price that's already pretty reasonable already. Why would they want to charge less than people are willing to pay? They'd be stupid to leave money on the table like that.

It sucks for those that didn't buy it on sale but that's the same with any Steam deal. If people don't want to pay the price they can wait till it gets cheaper. Hell, a stand alone DayZ might even be in development by then.

I'm waiting for it to drop in price myself.

LiK

Hmm, that might be enough to get me to bite. I just couldn't get into GTA IV -- couldn't relate to Niko at all. I have a lot easier time getting into games like the Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect where I can make my own character.

7 different voices:

3 females
3 males
1 zombie

any skin color and when i say any, i mean the ENTIRE rainbow.

choose your own taunts/greets.

any body shape and weirdass face you want.

don't liek what you made? change it whenever.

don't wanna deal with the creator? download a custom from the SR3 community.

and the best part? you see it in all the real-time cutscenes.

Sye d'Burns

I would imagine the difference would be that Valve had long since turned a profit on L4D2, where I doubt the same could be said for Arma II pre-DayZ.

Now, if Bohemia hasn't made some job offers, that would be scummy.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to ask if I should get the Just Cause 2 DLC because I always worry about things like that being overpowered but then I remembered everything I have heard about the game and thought to myself "you know, being overpowered seems like the point of the game" so I just went ahead and dropped the 2 bucks and change.

I have already bought too much but...

I never played Torchlight. Should I grab Torchlight on sale or spend the extra $10 to pre-order Torchlight 2 and get the first one free? As i type this, the latter option seems by far the best but i figured I'd throw out the question anyway.

goober

I never played Torchlight. Should I grab Torchlight on sale or spend the extra $10 to pre-order Torchlight 2 and get the first one free? As i type this, the latter option seems by far the best but i figured I'd throw out the question anyway.

pre-order TL2! however, the release date keeps getting pushed back..

Deadstar

So I purchased the Saints Row pack with all the dlc. I'm starting a new game and it's kind of lame that a ton of xp and money bonuses are turned on by default. It feels like I'm cheating.

Gaspode_T

I would only play through Torchlight if you really have nothing else to play, the second is going to be bigger and better...it would be like spending your summer playing Borderlands when Borderlands 2 is around the corner...you will be burnt out on the formula right when the new one comes out...

I got Torchlight with the preorder and installed, jumped into the hardcore difficulty just to see if it would be fun to relive the times but Diablo 3 is keeping me busy enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom