• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

samman6

If Simcity ends up winning I highly recommend all new buyers check out this site http://www.simtropolis.com/ it has a whole bunch of free modding stuff, and will explain how to set it up. I highly recommend the NAM mod, it adds a metric crap ton of road way options, also some of the custom made buildings are really nice.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They're missing out on a boatload more sales.

Be that as it may, it's clear that Bohemia want to ride the DayZ wave as its peak for as long as possible.

Edit: I should point out that I agree; -33% won't cut it for me.

buhdeh

fyi, Sim City 4 still goes to a jerky, painfully slow crawl once your city gets big, even though our processors and memory are about 100 times better than the rec requirements.
Terrible engine.

Wtf... I wanted to try SimCity 4 again cause it ran like crap on my old computer when it originally came out. Sad to hear that it's still broken.

Is Cities XL worth playing over SimCity 4? Not sure what to vote for...

garath

Be that as it may, it's clear that Bohemia want to ride the DayZ wave as its peak for as long as possible.

I hear ya. But they are still missing out. $15 or less I'd jump on it personally. I never even heard of Arma2 until DayZ and I still won't try an alpha mod for over $15.

RDreamer

JaseC

I hear ya. But they are still missing out. $15 or less I'd jump on it personally. I never even heard of Arma2 until DayZ and I still won't try an alpha mod for over $15.

Ditto. That (DayZ) is all I want it for.

samman6

Wtf... I wanted to try SimCity 4 again cause it ran like crap on my old computer when it originally came out. Sad to hear that it's still broken.

It doesn't take advantage of multi-core, but if you limit the cores in the steam startup options it isn't too bad my city has about 500,000 in habitants and runs fairly smooth. I find its best to build on the smaller tiles tho, and go for more compact design, if you want best preformance. If you make a megalopolis it will start to slow down pretty good.

XeroSauce

Apparently Cities Xl isn't very good, according to people here and Reddit when it was a daily.

Cutwolf

They're missing out on a boatload more sales.

Anno was already on sale for 2 full days o_O

I know, and I missed it, because I asked if it was good, and no one answered, then suddenly when it's not on sale, everyone is saying how amazing Anno is.

I H8 Memes are you online? Could you gift me Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (5$) and Just Cause 2 (3.75$)? Please?

I'm online, but i need to let steam sit closed for a couple of minutes until it un-fucks itself. Sometimes when you buy a bunch of games in a short amount of time you get locked out temporarily. Or maybe steam is just glitching for everybody.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thank you so much Credo for the gift! I was planning on buying this after Danielsans recommendation!!! ♥

SAbuR.jpg

Don't believe anyone posted this: Frozenbyte has a "Summer Seal" slot machine game going on right now where you can win Steam keys for either of the two Shadowgrounds games, or 75% off coupons for either Trine or Trine 2. If Trine 2 were to pop back up at any point, perhaps on Sunday as a "Last Chance" deal, a coupon would bring it down to about $0.94 USD.

(UPDATE: Trine coupons will not stack with any previous discount, unfortunately.)

Summer Seal

Quote for Shadowgrounds key and Trine 2 75% off coupon.

Shadowgrounds

Trine 2 75% off

What game series is Anno similar to?

somebody mentioned it in the Age of Empires 3 thread so if it's anything like that series then holy shit. If not then I'll just pass on voting for it.

Don't believe anyone posted this: Frozenbyte has a "Summer Seal" slot machine game going on right now where you can win Steam keys for either of the two Shadowgrounds game, or a 75% off coupon for either Trine or Trine 2. If Trine 2 were to pop back up at any point, perhaps on Sunday as a "Last Chance" deal, a coupon would bring it down to about $0.94 USD.

Summer Seal

Shadowgrounds

Trine 2 75% off
Thanks. Took Trine 2 75% off coupon. Just need Trine 2 to pop back up as a sale again.

JaseC

Don't believe anyone posted this: Frozenbyte has a "Summer Seal" slot machine game going on right now where you can win Steam keys for either of the two Shadowgrounds games, or 75% off coupons for either Trine or Trine 2. If Trine 2 were to pop back up at any point, perhaps on Sunday as a "Last Chance" deal, a coupon would bring it down to about $0.94 USD

You're assuming the coupon will stack atop the existing discount, which, given the Serious Sam 3 coupon "debacle", is all but assured to not be the case.

Addnan

Don't believe anyone posted this: Frozenbyte has a "Summer Seal" slot machine game going on right now where you can win Steam keys for either of the two Shadowgrounds games, or 75% off coupons for either Trine or Trine 2. If Trine 2 were to pop back up at any point, perhaps on Sunday as a "Last Chance" deal, a coupon would bring it down to about $0.94 USD.

Summer Seal

Shadowgrounds

Trine 2 75% off
Took shadowgrounds.

You're assuming the coupon will stack atop the existing discount, which, given the Serious Sam 3 coupon "debacle", is all but assured to be not the case.

Forgot about the SS3 situation. I guess even if it doesn't stack, it'll bring the game down to the discounted price from this sale. Good for anyone who missed it previously for whatever reason.

You're assuming the coupon will stack atop the existing discount, which, given the Serious Sam 3 coupon "debacle", is all but assured to not be the case.
I just read it.
75% off on the title Trine 2 Standard 75% off.
Can't be applied with other discounts.

mrgone

Argh all these deals getting recycled. Gabe completely ignoring Arma 2 =\

And it's still number 4 in the top sellers. STILL NUMBER 4 AFTER ALL THE OTHER SALES. I really hope that the ArmA train doesn't blow through the dailies station without stopping now that it's made of gold encrusted diamond and can fly.

Curufinwe

It doesn't take advantage of multi-core, but if you limit the cores in the steam startup options it isn't too bad my city has about 500,000 in habitants and runs fairly smooth. I find its best to build on the smaller tiles tho, and go for more compact design, if you want best preformance. If you make a megalopolis it will start to slow down pretty good.

I plan on using this in the launch options in Sim City 4 does win the vote.

CustomResolution:enabled -r1920x1080x32 -f -intro:eek:ff -CPUCount:1

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2701022

tjohn86

I bought the Franchise Pack and I don't regret it. All the Missions, Costumes and Guns are worth it IMO. The game is already so over the top it doesn't really ruin any of the "immersion". If you've got the scratch I would totally pick up the DLC too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom