• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man I bought the Genki Girl Pack full price! FUCK.

Obligatory:

iPUxSe1qyygBw.gif

H3xum

They're trying so hard for me to buy SR:3rd

For some reason, tho, I want to play it on my 360

Convince me I'm crazy within the next 8 hours

RS4-

Bah getting that stupid error now when trying to buy JC2

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Minamu

Wow, lots of issues getting Bioshock to work on Win 7, but it's butter smooth when it finally works :D First steam sale package of the summer for me, and it's two games I already own :lol

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I think I remember hearing earlier in the thread that Anno 2070 was hamstrung by Uplay's always-online bullshit. Is this true? I don't want to vote for it if so.

I remember that horribly shitty screenshot Tesseract (?) posted of CitiesXL. Tempted to vote for SC4...

I don't have the numbers, so I'm just talking out of my butt here. But there really does seem to be a pretty big set of games that need to push past this $5 floor. The Bioshocks seem like an example of this. When they've been on sale for that $5 like three or four times over a couple of years I'd think that most of the folks who want to jump in on that price have already done so. No doubt some folks are still buying them at $5, but I feel like they would pick up more than double the number of buyers (thus making more total revenue) with a drop to $2.50 or even $3.75 just to get under that $5 barrier.

Just plug your controller into your PC and it controls the same. If you want, run a HDMI cable from your PC to your tv and play it there. I see no reason to play games on a console anymore when they are multiplatform really.

RDreamer

God this is annoying. Fuck Ubisoft... Trying to fix Assassin's Creed II on my mac so it launches, and now I can't find the freaking steam apps folder. Anyone know where the hell it was? I'm following instructions online, but it's just not there at all.

BlazeGaj

Neo Member
Voted for Anno. Rather wait for the next sim city.

Thanks to I H8 Memes for helping me.

Krater better get some deal later on.:(

yogloo

I just played half life with my new PC. I have never get past the intro previously because of how choppy everything is and I refused to lower the graphic quality. This is pretty much my first time.

To sum up my thoughts. OMG. Holy mother of God. The part of the waterway with the heli. OMG.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can't why to try Sim City 4 out :3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for all your help. I would have just assumed that season pass would be all the dlc for saints row 3 that has come out or will come out in the future.

You're correct in thinking so -- I mean, that's been the idea behind the concept -- but, as they say, "desperate times call for desperate measures", and THQ being in the position its in threw preconceptions out the window... because desperation tends to breed stupidity.

Double D

Voted Simcity. Actually bought and played CitiesXL this week having not played a city builder in some time. I was having a lot of fun with it but ended up losing a shit load of money on my first city. Just having some issues with micro management.

I had a dream that I got permabanned on GAF, wow. Seemed so real.

Anyway, I just can't pull the trigger on Railworks3.. but I want it so bad! Ungh...

RDreamer

Seriously, can anyone with the mac client help me? Where in the world is the steam application support folder. Everything says in finder hold option and hit go and then go to library, and that should take you to the system library where steam's files are located, but it's not there at all.

ghostmind

I may be LTTP here, but did anyone notice that they've taken the prices off of games in your wishlist and now have a button saying "Visit Store Page"? Rather annoying...

I know the feeling bro, I was in that situation some months ago until I got the cdkey for SR3 from Amazon and I'm glad I did it. you can still use your 360 controller (if you have the wireless adapter) while you can enjoy the glorious of hi-res graphics

ah I almost forgot, it runs amazingly well :)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Should I get NFSHP if I enjoyed but didn't necessarily love Burnout Paradise (I prefer the earlier, non-open-world games)?

Carm

I may be LTTP here, but did anyone notice that they've taken the prices off of games in your wishlist and now have a button saying "Visit Store Page"? Rather annoying...

You must not have many things on your wishlist heh. Only 3 out of 33 on mine have no price and those three are from games with no specific release date.

LobLob

Banned
I find it interesting the way they've handled Saints Row 3 during the sale

when it won the Community Deal they didn't further discount the DLC, when it was a daily they further discounted all the DLC but the newest one and now during the flash deal ALL the dlc is at 75% off including the one that wasn't previously on sale at all

the DLC has been 75 percent each time Saints row has come up for daily,community and flash sale.

ghostmind

You must not have many things on your wishlist heh. Only 3 out of 33 on mine have no price and those three are from games with no specific release date.

No, I have 30+ as well, and they were all showing yesterday. I will keep reloading, as it sounds like it may be a Steam server issue.

I have 85 games in my wishlist and none of them are showing prices for some reason. Gotta be some kind of glitch.

Seriously, can anyone with the mac client help me? Where in the world is the steam application support folder. Everything says in finder hold option and hit go and then go to library, and that should take you to the system library where steam's files are located, but it's not there at all.

Steam's Mac support sucks. The Library in your user folder is hidden by default now since the last OS release.

Here's a guide on how to get it to re-appear (safe), all it takes is the Terminal application.
http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/04/show-library-directory-in-mac-os-x-lion/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom