• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm pretty upset that Driver didn't win, I was looking forward to playing it again (It's my favorite racing game this gen), but oh well, Hot Pursuit isn't that bad

dave is ok

aztek is ok
It was pretty hilarious when Bohemias shitty helicopter game was a flash sale. We should all buy it in case someone makes a good mod for it someday

KarmaCow

So I purchased the Saints Row pack with all the dlc. I'm starting a new game and it's kind of lame that a ton of xp and money bonuses are turned on by default. It feels like I'm cheating.

From every video I've seen of the game, you're going to be literally invincible and ridiculously over powered by the end of game anyway. I don't think you're going to be playing the game for any sort of challenge, just outright mayhem.

Thanks, I picked this up because it is too good of a deal to pass up...90% off, I mean come on...maybe the highest discounted game yet right.

considering all the dlc for it is ~$10 even with 50% off. and it all adds up to aronud ~$1000, you gotta take what you can.

Sianos

I'm personally waiting until the Winter Sale for Arma II. I'm almost out of funds and there are still a few more games I'd like to buy.

So I purchased the Saints Row pack with all the dlc. I'm starting a new game and it's kind of lame that a ton of xp and money bonuses are turned on by default. It feels like I'm cheating.

Don't worry, it's not gonna make a huge difference. You're gonna start getting XP and money so fast before long that it won't even matter.

Noaloha

I would imagine the difference would be that Valve had long since turned a profit on L4D2, where I doubt the same could be said for Arma II pre-DayZ.

Now, if Bohemia hasn't made some job offers, that would be scummy.

My understanding is that Bohemia hired Rocket (the DayZ mod creator) as a coder for ARMA III and he began working on his mod after he was an employee there. Might be wrong on the exact timeline (I know he explains in the TotalBiscuit interview on YouTube), but he was definitely already a Bohemia person by the time DayZ picked up momentum.

I'm wondering exactly what would happen to DayZ if it (EDIT: sorry, if ARMA II:CO) goes on sale -- like, are the servers solid enough yet to handle the sort of load that a 50% off pricepoint would create. My assumption is a resounding "fuck no". If that's the case, might Bohemia be concerned about the poor user experience that a sale would create?

Sye d'Burns

So guys, think you'll buy much more from this Steam sale?

I've bought remarkably little, which can be chalked up to unanticipated auto repairs. An already gargantuan backlog has made it bearable, though. There are still a few days left, so I may still yet find something that I have to have.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Still hoping for a deeper Lego Batman 2 discount.

Sora_N

So guys, think you'll buy much more from this Steam sale
or are you pretty much done at this point?

Planning to pick up the Ys games by the end even if they are not discounted further. Just trying hard not to spend more before then, but I already picked up JC2 and Dear Esther last night. -_-

Requoting to update: well now my steam is really fubar lol, I backed up steamapps and reinstalled steam, still cant launch any games, and now the games removed themselves from programs and features, but I can see them in steam library, and everyone one of them is yellow, stuck yellow download paused.

I fixed this by moving everything temporarily out of common, starting steam, closing steam, then deleting all of the .ncf files out of the steamapps directory, then moving the game folders back into common, starting steam, now I have to individually reinstall and let steam discover game content. Good times, seems all those .ncf files got corrupted somehow.

Levyne

Banned
Is there a way to play KOTOR 1 in windowed or my native resolution?

The widescreen mod supports most common resolutions.

Note that you have to both run the mod and put some files into the override folder to adjust the HUD.

Make sure "hardware mouse" is enabled in the settings or your cursor may be improperly bounded.

And yes you will have to replace the .exe file

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
LOL at the idea that it's scummy to not offer a further discount on a game that's already tearing up the sales charts with only 20% off. They'd be giving money away.

If it ends up going on sale I'm guessing it's because they had a contract for the sale already and couldn't get out of it or something like that.

mrgone

I'm personally waiting until the Winter Sale for Arma II. I'm almost out of funds and there are still a few more games I'd like to buy.

If we're being practical it's probably the best way to do it. By then, at the very least, DayZ will be more mature and less buggy. At best the standalone version will be announced, pricing structure disclosed, and maybe even in playable alpha.

But this is Steam sale and prudence can get the fuck out. :3

edit: FUCK no ArmA II again. Goddamnit

I would only play through Torchlight if you really have nothing else to play, the second is going to be bigger and better...it would be like spending your summer playing Borderlands when Borderlands 2 is around the corner...you will be burnt out on the formula right when the new one comes out...

I got Torchlight with the preorder and installed, jumped into the hardcore difficulty just to see if it would be fun to relive the times but Diablo 3 is keeping me busy enough...

I've got plenty play but I always go through phases of what I want to do. Diablo 3 is in that mix as well... Still, might be fun to fool around with and I won't feel bad about purchasing it if it's just a bonus for the sequel. At least this is what I tell myself.

Shahadan

Fuck you Volition for you shitty SR3 DLC. I just tried the last one, with the Clones, and FUCK it's again the same shitty almost unwinnable car chase where you have 6 thousands of guys and vehicles shooting at you and you must somehow prevent the car from exploding. Yrah, because you're not driving at all actually, you're just there to fire rockets at things, rockets that will hurt you anyway since enemies are too close.

FUCK YOU. It's neither interesting nor fun, it's just goddamn annoying, FAR too long for what it is, and of course when the vehicle eventually explodes, you have to start all over again.

And worse is that I already did that shit in the two previous DLCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom