• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadybiz

Not much for me today, but I am tempted to get Medieval II, just so I don't have to fool with the disc anymore; for $2.50, why not?

Lyude77

whats the last game?

Indie Bundle VII. Avadon, QUBE, Dungeons of Dredmor, Vessel, and Zombie Driver.

People who have Chantelise or Fortune Summoners: Can you give general impressions for me/us? I have Recettear and like it, but I'm not sure about the other two. Thanks in advance.

Anyone else getting one "Not available in your region" game? It's not the Indie Bundle.
I refreshed mine and it was the Indie Bundle. If it's not that, it's gonna be one of the ones on the previous page.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Today's update.

92wtp.gif

Yes Sins Trinity for $5!!! THANK YOU STEAM. Question, which Thief game is the one people always lovingly talk about, Deadly Shadows? I want to try it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Chantelise - A Tale of Two Sisters for $2.49, is it worth it GAF? I really enjoyed Reccetear but it mostly because of the Item Shop portion of the game.

Well, I'd kinda like to pick up another Carpe fulgur game, but I haven't finished Recettear anyway and getting all the Thief games in my S.library is too good to pass up. I don't think I ever finished the second one, and I never tried Deadly Shadows.

Ultimadrago

Holy shit

I've owned Recettear for nearly 2 years and put in like 4 hours

l0faV.gif

Put in moar!

Seriously, the game's not for everyone, but if you get hooked on unlocking new story paths and unveiling new items to sell in the shop, the replay value is quite sizable.
I've clocked about 17 hours thus far.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
First one holds up great. It has a bit of a learning curve at the start but once you get the hang of firefights (take cover, use lean and peek like shooters were meant to be played back in the day!) it's a blast.

And then Call of Pripyat. Clear Sky sucks.

Odd to hear "back in the day" in reference to shooters requiring cover and leaning and peeking. To me "back in the day" means running into a room with a hundred enemies and firing everything you have until they die, ala Doom or Duke 3D.

Petrie

Banned
Ok, few questions.

I've never played a SoaSE game, should I just pick up the older one for cheap today?

Debating Fortune Summoner and Chantelise, are they worth playing?

Also never played a Thief game. Still worth playing? If so which?

also know nothing about Stalker, should I be looking its way?

Thanks for any and all help!

Repost for new page.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What do you think this means?

It was posted in the daily sales post in the Summer Sale Steam group.

the clues are written like that because la noire is the featured daily

the content of the messages are part of the ongoing plot of the summer sale

nothing more to read into it

Getting Stalker Clear Sky to round out my stalker addiction. How's Fortune Summoner? I love retro platformers and the looks really pretty. How does it hold up gameplay wise? And also thinking about Sins trilogy. Is it impenetrable as it looks?

Crayons

Banned
Damn you, Gabe. I tried to resist but just get coming back for more.

$4.99 Dead Space
$8.73 S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
$9.97 STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, Thief Gold, Thief II

Lain

Was playing SRTT while the info about the new daily deals popped up and, after checking, grabbed Recettear, thanks to one of you (I'm not sure who's who on Steam ><) who added me as a friend yesterday and made me go and try the demo for it. Feels good.

Odd to hear "back in the day" in reference to shooters requiring cover and leaning and peeking. To me "back in the day" means running into a room with a hundred enemies and firing everything you have until they die, ala Doom or Duke 3D.

Haha I was a big fan of Duke 3D and Doom. But my back in the day is like 10-12 years ago. Doom and Duke Nukem would be "back in ancient times" for me now

Sora_N

Dammit Steam...I might pick up Chantelise just because it's the cheapest of the 3. If I like it, I'll pick up the other 2 games in the future or something.

Gala

Picked up Stalker SoC and CoP and Thief I and II!

Thinking about Dead Speace 2 even though I have it on Origin already.

marrec

Banned
Repost for new page.

My personal opinion of STALKER is that you should skip it. The antiquated mechanics, poor gunplay, impossible interface, and general jankiness makes it dreadful to play. There are genuine moments of awesome gameplay to be had in STALKER, but to get there you have to wade through a pile of it's own mistakes.

Not to mention that even with the complete patch the game still ran like crap on my machine, and my machine is easily able to handle all newer games at very high graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom