• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

Whew - hump day for me, still hoping for a Krater flash/daily deal sometime... Can't believe people missed out on that game :(

Hixx

I don't want to buy all of the Total War games because I know I will never play all of them. So if I'm going to pick 1 or 2 of the ones on offer, which are the better ones?

Scoops

Banned
So which Stalker game is the best?

Or is it worth it to just start with the first one? Does the first one hold up well?

HXAEM.png

whats the last game?

Wubby

Ooooh Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion was one of the few on my list. 25% isn't bad for a game that has only been out a month. But I'm still hesitant... I know I won't play it much if at all before the next winter sale.

I've never played a single STALKER game, is there anything else to compare them to, just so I know what I can expect? I know their super cheap but I still don't like throwing money away.

So which Stalker game is the best?

Or is it worth it to just start with the first one? Does the first one hold up well?

First one holds up great. It has a bit of a learning curve at the start but once you get the hang of firefights (take cover, use lean and peek like shooters were meant to be played back in the day!) it's a blast.

And then Call of Pripyat. Clear Sky sucks.

haikira

I don't want to buy all of the Total War games because I know I will never play all of them. So if I'm going to pick 1 or 2 of the ones on offer, which are the better ones?

Unfortunately, I think it's Shogun 2, which isn't in the bundle.

I can tell you which one not to go for though. Empire. Pretty sure that's almost an unanimous opinion too.

I think Rome is considered one of the best. I don't know how well it's aged though. I've barely spent any time with Napoleon, but i hear they improved a lot of stuff that annoyed people about Empire. I also have some friends who dig it.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I think CyL is behaving pretty dangerously:

1) He's lighting fireworks on wood near a gas can
2) He risks alienating his friends by destroying their tree fort.

I don't know which is worse.

Anybody know of a site where they've saved all the different pictures? I've missed a couple, I think.

The original Sins of a Solar Empire (Trinity) is also 75% off, just not clearly advertised. I think I'm going to buy that instead of rebellion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom