• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akey

Banned
People are still surprised by daily deals being repeats? If it was voted on or a flash its going to be a daily at some point. Its a great way to sale you something you passed up on the first and second time. The third time will get you.

Jobacca

Neo Member
Red Orchaestra 2 is a fantastic game. Its the best WW2 shooter out there. Everyone needs to buy this.

What is so good about it? Honestly asking. I love WW2 era. I only have $11 left in my Steam wallet, so I need to make my choices count!!

therapist

It does list what u get with deux ex augmented :

Exclusive 40-page Artbook - Showcasing the concepts behind the world of 2027. Discover the origins of the design, the characters and the weapons of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
44-minute making-of chronicling the trials and tribulations of the Eidos-Montreal team
Motion comic based on the first issue of the DC Comics adaptation
Game soundtrack composed by Michael McCann
E3 Trailer and animated storyboard

Meh. Just buy the game itself =P

MDSLKTR

Finally RO2 get. And insanely twisted planet thingy. Great sales overall, picked up lots of indies and games that possibly won't get any cheaper ever.

Far Cry 2 at 2.50 or Conviction for a 5? Opinions?

I finished both, only enjoyed one and it's the cheapest one on sale today. Conviction is a terrible game (and a terrible pc port also). FC2 I hated it until the 3/4 where everything clicked and it became one of my favorite fps ever. Can't wait to replay it.

evilhomer

Forgot to get the two aminita bundle games I wanted before falling asleep last night, but was able to get them this morning when I woke up :D

Happy I did since I don't really intend to get anything from today's daily.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Crysis 2 has been my best purchase so far this sale and my gaming rig is over 3 years old and it runs beautifully.

I highly recommend it

Why do I feel like it's the most average shooter ever? Please tell me I'm wrong.

Also, guys, Splinter Cell: Conviction... Sell me on it.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
ITSP on sale? Fuck yeah! I knew I shouldn't have gotten it as part of that shitty bundle.

My wallet is finally safe.

It does list what u get with deux ex augmented :

Exclusive 40-page Artbook - Showcasing the concepts behind the world of 2027. Discover the origins of the design, the characters and the weapons of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
44-minute making-of chronicling the trials and tribulations of the Eidos-Montreal team
Motion comic based on the first issue of the DC Comics adaptation
Game soundtrack composed by Michael McCann
E3 Trailer and animated storyboard

Meh. Just buy the game itself =P
Would rather prefer the missing link DLC included with the game instead of all that extra stuff.

therapist

What is so good about it? Honestly asking. I love WW2 era. I only have $11 left in my Steam wallet, so I need to make my choices count!!

Everything , seriously.

Its very well done , lots of players , good maps , fantastic controls and cover system.
For 5$ not buying it should be a crime.

I think I'm gonna buy The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. It's a 2008 release, so my 2008 laptop can probably actually run it. It's only $2.49! My decision to only buy PC-exclusive games should help me make this my only other purchase of this sale aside from SSF IV AE (purchased before that PC-exclusive decision!).

Do it.

Koroviev

People are still surprised by daily deals being repeats? If it was voted on or a flash its going to be a daily at some point. Its a great way to sale you something you passed up on the first and second time. The third time will get you.

Yep. Walking Dead got me very early this morning.

Poor Cyl.

The game is 90% random spawning jeeps, hated the game, such a waste.
The game is 100% about its combat encounters. Instead of getting annoyed by the chases on your way from point A to B, every diversion should be seen as its own experience. Basically, if you try to hammer out the quests in the game you'll hate it. The game is all about the journey.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
At least Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet is a flash deal. Not a bad game at all and for those of you who get it, hopefully you don't have your save file corrupted like I did. :-\
Yeah—ITSP uses GFWL, doesn't it?
edit: Wow, beaten black and blue.

Anyway, gift copies of Magicka (probably, need to play it more) and Indie Bundle IX (probably) ahoy. Kinda wish Revenge of the Titans was Titan Attacks instead, heard some bad things about Capsized. The bundle's probably worth it despite my reservations, though.

Roto13

Think I'll buy Magica, but I'm wondering if I should just get the base game or get the one with all of the DLC. Is the DLC worth twice what I'm willing to pay for the base game? :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay, I think I figured out how the plot of the summer sale is going to end.

(Spoilers, just in case anyone is sensitive)
Today, we see CyL looking all alone and sad in the rain. He's sort of holding the Friendship sign. So I think Tappet and Sir Roderick will come back and they will all rebuild Fort Friendship together and have a good time!!!

I hope it's true, that'd be a great ending!!!

ctrayne

What's special about Deus Ex: HR Augmented Edition it's like 2€ more but Steam doesn't give the details .... ?

What is this Buy Deus Ex: HR Augmented Edition?
I read it has making of and such thing, but is the DLC included?

Augmented Edition just has bonus media like music and videos, no DLC. It came out at launch so it doesn't include The Missing Link.
I would just go for the normal edition and grab The Missing Link.

Is the DLC for Deus Ex worth grabbing? I want to grab the Missing link but wasn't sure if the weapon packs were worth it.

Missing Link is effing awesome.
Weapon packs are meh, other than the silenced sniper rifle.

RedSwirl

Far Cry 2 worth $2.50?

From a pure content standpoint yes. It's one of the only straight FPS campaigns that took me 30+ hours to finish. Really cool open world setup with lots of options for how to do objectives, but the durability and pure hostility of all NPC characters get's annoying.

Salsa

Told you guys about shadow planet. Bought through phone app.

Also Working again so same deal as yesterday, op update will have to wait a bit. Real sorry about that

Cfuentes

Neo Member
Damage so far:
FM2012, CIV5 G&K + CIV5 Maps, From Dust.

Currently waiting:
RE5, Burnout Paradise.

So gaf, Is Driver SF > Burnout Paradise ?

How's Splinter Cell? Any shitty DRM? Is it a shitty game?

What about Driver? DRM? Good?

Well I bought Splinter Cell early on in the sale, and the game has reverted my save file twice. Combined with UPlay being an asshole, my experience has not been positive.

MRORANGE

Think I'll buy Magica, but I'm wondering if I should just get the base game or get the one with all of the DLC. Is the DLC worth twice what I'm willing to pay for the base game? :p

Most DLC are just misc items for your character, only two/three DLC are just extra levels.

Wok

The discount for Magicka DLC The other side of the coin is strange.

Before Magicka was suggested as a flash deal, it was discounted and it cost 3€. And then, there have been no discount, even during the daily deal!

5€ during the summer sales, but 3€ when it was in the shadows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom