• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Meh, not much of interest today. Looks like I'm finally done done with this sale. Spent around £65 and purchased about 40 games. Not bad at all. I look forward to playing them when my PC arrives next Thursday.

This is my first foray into PC gaming and I'm very excited. I only joined Steam a couple of days ago so I would be grateful if a few of you would add me as a friend. My Steam ID is:

DukeBobby

The first person to add me will receive a gift of their choice (£5 limit). For anyone else, I may buy you something in the winter sale :)

Request sent! Too late, probably, but still, hit me up for some multiplayer goodness if the chance arises :)

HoosTrax

Is Magicka that indie ARPG game without any actual looting collection? :-\

I just don't see how I would ever get into a game like that. Is it fun mostly as a co-op experience?

Wok

The discount for Magicka DLC The other side of the coin is strange.

Before Magicka was suggested as a flash deal, it was discounted and it cost 3€. And then, there have been no discount, even during the daily deal!

5€ during the summer sales, but 3€ when it was in the shadows!

How is it possible? A mistakely discounted DLC for several days? And nothing for the daily deal?

BiggNife

What say you GAF, is Far Cry 2 a good game?

I like shorter FPSs....if it's too big, too bloated and boring, I'm not interested, are the missions fun? Something about an open world FPS, kinda intimidates me.

It's longer than most FPSes and it's got some bloat - traveling between areas isn't very fun and it turned me off from the game. I've heard you get fast-travel eventually but I don't know when.

Tomodachi

I don't get all the complaints about the dailies being boring, with 10 days of sale and all those different kinds of deals we were bound to have repeats, I guess not a lot of publishers were allright with putting their franchise on timed, ridiculously cheap deals. Almost every game on Steam is already heavily discounted and some of them are HUGELY discounted in form of dailies and other timed offers. What did you expect? Every single game in the catalog 80% off for five hours each? Again, I don't get the complaints.

The only thing I can say is the sale should have been only one week to avoid these last days of repeats-only, but I mean, the alternative was no deals at all in these days so for the third time, why the complaints?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Voted on Two Worlds!

Shurayuki

Ahh what are you doing, the story in Driver is actually good, are you kidding me? I'll pretty much have to get it now anyways but I cannot believe this.

Urks, so I hate Racing games and FPS, and am contemplating Driver and Crysis (to test drive my new GPU), talk me out of it GAF :(

The DLC is a 30-min campaign. Like Vietnam. Plus, it was discounted earlier and not anymore.

Ah didn't know that, good thing I didn't get it, and the reason I didn't recommend Vietnam, good you chimed in!

How did they get that?
Didn't think Lucasarts would license something like that out.

No idea. But you also get a little ray gun as a weapon as well.

oh cool, let me just get tha-

"You already own Magicka: Gamer Bundle"

wat.

Haha, that's happened quite a bit. So many games I forgot I even had.

I just don't see how I would ever get into a game like that. Is it fun mostly as a co-op experience?

It's the most fun when playing with others. In fact, it gets pretty difficult from what I remember so it may require others to finish. I was only able to get so far on my own before it was too hard and I needed others.

Roto13

The Other Side of the COin is the same as the price difference between Magicka alone and the Magicka bundle. So I guess it's probably worth getting the bundle. Thanks, GAF. :p

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hmm. To magicka or not to magicka. I'm afraid it would be permabacklog if I got it.

If you actually roam around on foot you can get plenty of sightseeing and diamond hunting done, but yeah if you're just driving on the path you're going to get gunned a lot. My suggestion is to just soak it all in and enjoy it as a sandbox rather than a story you need to play through.
I might try it again, I saw the potential there.

Is there an easy way of doing a four pack.
1.50 for Magica seems a bargain.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You and I have the same idea. This was my story I made yesterday, at the fireworks picture:
Again, maybe spoilers. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40046726&postcount=9654

NICE!

8wJk8.gif

BiggNife

How is it possible? A mistakely discounted DLC for several days? And nothing for the daily deal?

It was probably a mistake on Valve's part and it was never supposed to be on sale to begin with

Something similar happened during last year's summer sale when Super Street Fighter 4 was on sale for something like 30% off a week after release for a few hours, this was later corrected and it stayed at full price for the rest of the sale.

Wallet is safe, at least as far as dailies go today. Time to check out that steam forums thread for 75% off discounts throughout the sale and see what I can find.

MRORANGE

this game is one of the best experiences of co-op gaming I have ever had with my friends and this was when the game broke after every single level, but we still played on, its been patched now, amazing value as well you will get 10+ hrs on your first play through.

geeko

Damage so far:

Alan Wake Bundle
Crysis bundle
Frozen Synapse
GTA san Andreas
Hitman Blood Money
Killing Floor
Metro 2033
need for speed: Hot Pursuit
Psychonauts
red faction Guerilla
the witcher 2
Tribes ascend pack

all and all, almost $85 spent so far. Didn't expect this wallet rape this year, but once I saw the games, I had to have them. I still want ARMA 2 CO GABEN!

I don't get all the complaints about the dailies being boring, with 10 days of sale and all those different kinds of deals we were bound to have repeats, I guess not a lot of publishers were allright with putting their franchise on timed, ridiculously cheap deals. Almost every game on Steam is already heavily discounted and some of them are HUGELY discounted in form of dailies and other timed offers. What did you expect? Every single game in the catalog 80% off for five hours each? Again, I don't get the complaints.

The only thing I can say is the sale should have been only one week to avoid these last days of repeats-only, but I mean, the alternative was no deals at all in these days so for the third time, why the complaints?

I guess the problem for a lot of people is, that there are some Games people were waiting for to get discounted and still didnt, while you saw Sanctum, Civ5, Terraria, Shogun like 3-4 times, while the others, you eagerly wait for, still didnt get a discount.

therapist

Bought :
new vegas ultimate
deus ex
f3ar
conviction

27$....god damnit steam my backlog is just getting stupid.

Edit : To person above , yes crysis 1 is the best of the series , not to say the others arent very good too i really enjoyed crysis 2 as well.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
has rayman origins shown up for a second sale yet?
Not yet.

I don't think it was "mistakenly discounted" so much as "mistakenly priced". I don't remember seeing any actual percentage off but maybe I just missed it.

Anyway, it came out less than a month ago. It'd be kind of shocking if it got a big discount during the sale. The best we could have expected would have been like 10% off ala Quantum Conundrum.

1-D_FTW

It should also be noted that the enemies are absolute bullet sponges in Farcry 2. So if that turns you off, prepare to be slapped in the face as soon as the game begins.

Yeeeeeeeeah, you wouldn't like Far Cry 2.

Ok good enough for me, thanks for responding.

I also like to mention here, I know lot of games gets discussed, and then someone comes along and asks the same question about the same game, the thread is moving waay too fast to keep up, to go back several pages to search for the discussion.

The problem: most of the conversations with quotes going on, they DO NOT mention the name of the game, and it's really hard to decipher the game they are talking about.

I wish when people are discussing games in this thread, keep mentioning the name of the game in their sentences, (like phantomspiker did above, thanks!)

This would make it a whole lot useful and easy for others who are interested in the same game to read up and get there questions answered, before they even need it to ask.

Anyway, just throwing it out there as good practice, you can just tell me to "get fucked" in your head if you'd like.

Shurayuki

I guess the problem for a lot of people is, that there are some Games people were waiting for to get discounted and still didnt, while you saw Sanctum, Civ5, Terraria, Shogun like 3-4 times, while the others, you eagerly wait for, still didnt get a discount.

The real problem with this sale is that we didn't get to do completely insane tasks for a chance to win Bad Rats or Valve games everybody already owns.

If you've never tried to buy a game you already owned, you haven't truly Steamed.

With DLC it happens all the time! :eek:

Anyone even remotely considering buying Conviction should stop that train of thought and buy Chaos Theory instead. One of the best games ever made and it even has co-op.

Yes, I strongly agree. Anyone thinking of Conviction should just stop. It's a mediocre game, and the black-to-light transition is just awful, just plain awful. It's kind of cool in the beginning of the game, but a couple hours in it'll give you a headache.

It's fun, but a passable experience unless you're a diehard of the series.

I'd recommend getting Chaos Theory, one of my top 10 favorite games for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom