• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I think I figured out how the plot of the summer sale is going to end.

(Spoilers, just in case anyone is sensitive)
Today, we see CyL looking all alone and sad in the rain. He's sort of holding the Friendship sign. So I think Tappet and Sir Roderick will come back and they will all rebuild Fort Friendship together and have a good time!!!

I hope it's true, that'd be a great ending!!!

You and I have the same idea. This was my story I made yesterday, at the fireworks picture:
Again, maybe spoilers. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40046726&postcount=9654

zendavis

Banned
Driver: SF is probably my favorite driving game this generation. It's totally worth it. The last few hours were honestly some of my favorite of any game I played in 2011.

Dunlop

Crysis 1 : YES

Crysis 2 does not hold a candle to Crysis 1, that's for sure.

They are very different games, Crysis 2 from what I played is more COD like with big theatrical showpieces of earthquakes and explosions and far more linear that Crysis 1.

As mentioned before, I expected to play it more to pass the time and am loving it so far

Having never played a FEAR game is it worth it to buy Fear 3 or is their too much backstory?

Anyone even remotely considering buying Conviction should stop that train of thought and buy Chaos Theory instead. One of the best games ever made and it even has co-op.

Poor Cyl.

The game is 100% about its combat encounters. Instead of getting annoyed by the chases on your way from point A to B, every diversion should be seen as its own experience. Basically, if you try to hammer out the quests in the game you'll hate it. The game is all about the journey.

It felt like a waste of the world they made to have it be constantly trying to kill you, I know what I wanted wasn't the game they were making, but mine would be better.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Sale really went to shit :lol

It should have been no longer than 1 week.
Yeah my excitement ended early this week. Each day I anticipated that I dailies and each day I was disappointed for the most part. So many other games overlooked for this sale. I am very surprised Gal Civ 2 showed up last night instead of another repeat/threepeat.

What say you GAF, is Far Cry 2 a good game?

I like shorter FPSs....if it's too big, too bloated and boring, I'm not interested, are the missions fun? Something about an open world FPS, kinda intimidates me.

see5harp

I bought Magika when it was on sale earlier this week. How the hell do you play with friends? I kept creating games that none of my friends could see and vice versa.

BiggNife

How's Splinter Cell? Any shitty DRM? Is it a shitty game?

What about Driver? DRM? Good?

I enjoyed Conviction. There were a few areas that were really frustrating (MY NAME'S SAM FISHER, I USED TO WORK HERE) but overall I thought it was pretty fun and an interesting reinvention of Splinter Cell.

Haven't played Driver but everyone I know who has played it has said nothing but good things about it.

Don't know about DRM, but they're Ubisoft games so the answer is probably yes.

TP17

Saw The Walking Dead was on sale earlier today when at work and bought it immediately after regretting not picking it up earlier in the week:

• Alan Wake
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
  • Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition
  • GTA Collection
  • Max Payne 3
  • Orcs Must Die
  • The Walking Dead

Think that's me done buying games for a while, very happy, although I am considering far cry 2.

Shurayuki

Think I'll buy Magica, but I'm wondering if I should just get the base game or get the one with all of the DLC. Is the DLC worth twice what I'm willing to pay for the base game? :p

haven't played it yet but I think not, most of it is cosmetical or even if the items have effects they're not really all too useful? There's also a bunch of PvP stuff so that depends on if you are planning to play that (even then probably only one player needs it)

Get the stars are left (lovecraftian campaign) and if you feel like it the other side of the coin (another campaign), then look through the other dlc and if you really want a nice skin (as a gamer maybe the classic game character pack?) then pick that too.

MRORANGE

They are very different games, Crysis 2 from what I played is more COD like with big theatrical showpieces of earthquakes and explosions and far more linear that Crysis 1.

As mentioned before, I expected to play it more to pass the time and am loving it so far

Having never played a FEAR game is it worth it to buy Fear 3 or is their too much backstory?

Crysis 2 is skimped version of what it should be, playing the pre-build of the game, Crysis 2 would have been Crysis 1 in terms of gameplay and level design but they decided to cut short for some reason.

Crysis 2 is alright but just don't expect it to beat Crysis 1 or even COD4

Augmented Edition just has bonus media like music and videos, no DLC. It came out at launch so it doesn't include The Missing Link.
I would just go for the normal edition and grab The Missing Link.

Missing Link is effing awesome.
Weapon packs are meh, other than the silenced sniper rifle.

Okay, people are really underestimating how fantastic the DE:HR soundtrack is. It's easily worth your $2.50.

http://youtu.be/ZiN6t7K7txw

For anyone getting Magicka, I suggest getting the Gamer Bundle DLC for the tentacle costume. :-D

i8KTH.jpg

1-D_FTW

Okay, I think I figured out how the plot of the summer sale is going to end.

(Spoilers, just in case anyone is sensitive)
Today, we see CyL looking all alone and sad in the rain. He's sort of holding the Friendship sign. So I think Tappet and Sir Roderick will come back and they will all rebuild Fort Friendship together and have a good time!!!

I hope it's true, that'd be a great ending!!!

It's almost like he's human.

But dem eyes. Them the eyes of the devil.

Or maybe it's just his curse and he really has the soul of a poet and just acts out because people blindly discriminate against him.

Oh, Cyl, maybe one day I can be as enlightened as Stump and be your champion.

Wok

haven't played it yet but I think not, most of it is cosmetical or even if the items have effects they're not really all too useful? There's also a bunch of PvP stuff so that depends on if you are planning to play that (even then probably only one player needs it)

Get the stars are left (lovecraftian campaign) and if you feel like it the other side of the coin (another campaign), then look through the other dlc and if you really want a nice skin (as a gamer maybe the classic game character pack?) then pick that too.

The DLC is a 30-min campaign. Like Vietnam. Plus, it was discounted earlier and not anymore.

DukeBobby

Meh, not much of interest today. Looks like I'm finally done done with this sale. Spent around £65 and purchased about 40 games. Not bad at all. I look forward to playing them when my PC arrives next Thursday.

This is my first foray into PC gaming and I'm very excited. I only joined Steam a couple of days ago so I would be grateful if a few of you would add me as a friend. My Steam ID is:

DukeBobby

The first person to add me will receive a gift of their choice (£5 limit). For anyone else, I may buy you something in the winter sale :)

Wthermans

Banned
Ok GAF, decision time. I have $3.00 left on my Steam Wallet to make 1 final purchase.

Going between Limbo & Plants vs Zombies GOTY.

What say you GAF?

LobLob

Banned
Will let my decision stew for a bit. Want to get ITSP, but since playing NFS:HP, I do miss open world racing, so it is tempting to skip ITSP and use the money towards Driver:SF.

I don't know what to do, i guess ITSP is suppose to be a good game i guess?! But if i get DRIVER: SF i won't have enough left over for ITSP, hmmmm.

Bradach

What say you GAF, is Far Cry 2 a good game?

I like shorter FPSs....if it's too big, too bloated and boring, I'm not interested, are the missions fun? Something about an open world FPS, kinda intimidates me.
I don't think you'll like it. I stopped playing because I found it difficult to know where to go next and when I did figure it out I'd have to drive for 10 -15 minutes checking the map and getting lost. Not very fun imo...

RedSwirl

Crysis 2 in my opinion is really more like Halo than COD. The areas of the game are more like combat arenas rather than the roller-coasters of COD or the sandboxes of Crysis 1.

It felt like a waste of the world they made to have it be constantly trying to kill you, I know what I wanted wasn't the game they were making, but mine would be better.
If you actually roam around on foot you can get plenty of sightseeing and diamond hunting done, but yeah if you're just driving on the path you're going to get gunned a lot. My suggestion is to just soak it all in and enjoy it as a sandbox rather than a story you need to play through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom