• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so no one is getting all these 14 references, seems like I made this harder than I though.

Why don't we just make it all easy and lay out all the answers in the open and whoever finishes the list with all 14 first , can take it, so you can hold on to your guesses or share one or two until the list compiles to 14.

Go!

tF0GZ.jpg

ShaneB

What a majestic sight, that was great fun.

Agreed! Great fun to everyone who was in the Burnout Paradise game tonight, good times! I had a little buyer's remorse from double dipping, but the minute we all started playing, it was good fun.

So I traded in a good amount of stuff to Gamestop and have purchased a good amount of things from this steam sale.

Apparently too much. Was trying to pick up Civ 5, and now I get this message -

"For the protection of the account holder, this purchase has been declined. Further purchasing will be temporarily limited - please contact Steam Support to resolve this issue."

WTF?

Well, looking on Steam's messageboards, while its not a huge widespread issue, Im not the only one. Looks like average turnaround time to get your issue ticket addressed is 2-3 days, so it would appear my Steam Summer sales ends tonight.

Hopefully Civ 5 GOTY turns up during a winter sale. Dumb.

Alright so no one is getting all these 14 references, seems like I made this harder than I though.

Why don't we just make it all easy and lay out all the answers in the open and whoever finishes the list with all 14 first , can take it, so you can hold on to your guesses or share one or two until the list compiles to 14.

Go!

1) Amnesia?

BadAss2961

Bulletstorm is a lot of fun, and Trishka is hot. But they killed the replay value for me by not having new game plus. This game was just begging for ng+.

Still, I paid the same price for it a while back and definitely got my money's worth.

Petrie

Banned
Is anyone else using the mobile Steam site having trouble making purchases? I want to buy goddamn morrowind, and the stupid thing keeps giving me errors! I know I said I wasn't going to stay up and try to fix this, but apparently I'm a liar! Ugh!

I just want to know if this is an issue going on right now with more than just me so I can say fuck it and go to bed.

Tess3ract

Banned
Well, looking on Steam's messageboards, while its not a huge widespread issue, Im not the only one. Looks like average turnaround time to get your issue ticket addressed is 2-3 days, so it would appear my Steam Summer sales ends tonight.

Hopefully turns up during a winter sale. Dumb.
Try to email support anyways and call tomorrow or whatever, maybe you'll get lucky. Nothing happens if you don't do anything about it.

Go!
eh ill guess

Portal
Alan wake
crysis
the world ends with you
Binary domain
QUBE
silent hill

Go!

I already have 1K games on Steam, so I'll be a nice dude :)

Monkey Island
Metroid
Star Wars (TFU?)
Portal
Driver: San Francisco
Amnesia
Binary Domain
Alan Wake
Crysis
Fallout: New Vegas
The Witcher 2

Salsa

Go!

I already got it, so here's the ultimate help

Tales of Monkey Island
The Witcher 2
Amnesia
Star Wars the force unleashed
Driver San Francisco
Metroid
Crysis
From Dust
Portal
Fallout New Vegas
Alan Wake
Binary Domain

left two out, guess those and you win

Try to email support anyways and call tomorrow or whatever, maybe you'll get lucky. Nothing happens if you don't do anything about it.

Yeah, I shot off an email. There doesnt appear to be a number to contact them. I mean, I have bought more than enough stuff. Im not lacking thats for sure! lol Just was reading up on Civ 5 and was excited to see it was a daily today.

Deus Ex
Alan wake wake
crysis
the world ends with you?
Binary domain
Monkey Island
Metroid
Star Wars (TFU?)
Portal
Driver: San Francisco
Amnesia
Binary Domain
Fallout: New Vegas
The Witcher 2

Guys please just quote this and add the other two, makes it easier

Tales of Monkey Island
The Witcher 2
Amnesia
Driver San Francisco
Metroid
Crysis
From Dust
Portal
Fallout New Vegas
Alan Wake
Binary Domain

Tales of Monkey Island
The Witcher 2
Amnesia
Driver San Francisco
Metroid
Crysis
From Dust
Portal
Fallout New Vegas
Alan Wake
Binary Domain

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Deus Ex: HR

wilflare

Tales of Monkey Island
The Witcher 2
Amnesia
Driver San Francisco
Metroid
Crysis
From Dust
Portal
Fallout New Vegas
Alan Wake
Binary Domain

World of Goo
insanely twisted shadow planet

Guys please just quote this and add the last one, makes it easier

Tales of Monkey Island
The Witcher 2
Amnesia
Driver San Francisco
Metroid
Crysis
From Dust
Portal
Fallout New Vegas
Alan Wake
Binary Domain
World of Goo
ONE MORE TO GO!!!! WHO WILL WIN? no more PMs please, it's all out in the open now!

Tales of Monkey Island
The Witcher 2
Amnesia
Driver San Francisco
Metroid
Crysis
From Dust
Portal
Fallout New Vegas
Alan Wake
Binary Domain
World of Goo

ONE MORE TO GO!!!! WHO WILL WIN? no more PMs please, it's all out in the open now!

Saints Row The Third?

Tales of Monkey Island
The Witcher 2
Amnesia
Driver San Francisco
Metroid
Crysis
From Dust
Portal
Fallout New Vegas
Alan Wake
Binary Domain
World of Goo

Assassin's Creed

I don't remember. I was at work and checked the Vita to see what was on sale and someone had mentioned it so I did a search to see the game was on sale and bought it.

When they had the bundle you could buy it individually for 2.49 :)

(Publisher bundle)

Tales of Monkey Island
The Witcher 2
Amnesia
Driver San Francisco
Metroid
Crysis
From Dust
Portal
Fallout New Vegas
Alan Wake
Binary Domain
World of Goo
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker!

Considering I have only played Witcher 2 from that list, I doubt I'm seeing what you want me to see. :p

mneuro

Tales of Monkey Island
The Witcher 2
Amnesia
Driver San Francisco
Metroid
Crysis
From Dust
Portal
Fallout New Vegas
Alan Wake
Binary Domain
World of Goo

Fallout 3?

Giard

Tales of Monkey Island
The Witcher 2
Amnesia
Driver San Francisco
Metroid
Crysis
From Dust
Portal
Fallout New Vegas
Alan Wake
Binary Domain
World of Goo

Farcry?

Grakl

Tales of Monkey Island
The Witcher 2
Amnesia
Driver San Francisco
Metroid
Crysis
From Dust
Portal
Fallout New Vegas
Alan Wake
Binary Domain
World of Goo

Hmm. Plants vs. Zombies?

paolo11

Huge shout out to TheExodus5 for helping me get SS4AE.

Shout out to Neogaffers who helped me, (Tony for Amazon for SRTT and SS4AE sales, Dacvak, Renix, and Wii.gifters who was patient in assisting me getting the game).

Thanks, Neogaf.

JoeFenix

Man, RAGE looks cool but it runs like shit on my rig... It seems to be a texture caching issue but everything I've tried makes no difference so far. The game will run at 60 fps no problem until it needs to swap some textures and then it will just drop to 30 fps until it's done caching.

Basicaly makes the game unplayable, the GPU transcoding option doesn't work on SLI cards apparently. Im running a i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz, 16 gb of ram and a GTX 690.

If anyone has any idea how to fix the issue please share, this is really lame because the game looks pretty damn good when it runs at 60fps!

Tales of Monkey Island
The Witcher 2
Amnesia
Driver San Francisco
Metroid
Crysis
From Dust
Portal
Fallout New Vegas
Alan Wake
Binary Domain
World of Goo

Team Fortress 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom