• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyDud

Neo Member
GAF I am disappoint: think I'll just keep my $2.49

cf5jL.jpg

Damnit, I literally just looked that up! hahaha, wow. I just played Fear 3 the other day on the box and was lilke ohhh shit! Then you gave it away. Oh well, at least it's something I played already, good game right there haha.

HockeyDud

Neo Member
Anyone want some free passes to try out Red Orchestra or Killing Floor? They are just trial passes, but the games are on sale so maybe it'll help you make a choice on purchase? Just PM me and I'll send them over, first come first serve.

Longshot

Uplay server issues. Play the game in offline mode. Its shitty I know.

Seems like everybody is experiencing this... *_* Think I'll hold off on buying it then..

Yup having the same problem. Apparently it's because the DRM servers can handle all the new traffic today. If you unplug your internet while your playing it will run ok, although I did run into some slow down even after unplug, but not nearly as bad. I'm really irritated that this is happening.
Wow, wasn't expecting this to have Ubisoft's trademarked draconian DRM, I should have known better. :\

Thanks anyway guys.

Haha! what an epic finish, did you leave the room to double check and came back?

I think my previous post may have helped him a bit. I was so close! Arrrrgh :p

I've known it's that logo for a while, but I just can't figure it out! I know I've seen it before. It's the logo for some company in a game I've played. Syndicate, maybe?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DyslexicAlucard/stats/FEAR3/?tab=achievements

Mission... accomplished?
Finish the Campaign on any difficulty (all Intervals complete)

Unlocked: May 30, 2012 1:08am

:)

Grabbed Morrowind, since I've been waiting for it to drop. I originally bought Morrowind on disc years and years ago, around the time it came out. It was my first Elder Scrolls game and I think it was my first purchase from Amazon. I remember seeing the Toonami review of the Xbox version, and being intrigued by their description of a huge open world. I certainly wasn't disappointed, though my PC at the time couldn't run it, until I bought a new graphics card.

Never did get around to buying the expansions, so I may try out that content, along with the Morrowind Overhaul mod pack.

CRS

"For the protection of the account holder, this purchase has been declined. Further purchasing will be temporarily limited - please contact Steam Support to resolve this issue."

FUCK. FUCK. FUCK.

Anybody want to buy me Bulletstorm?

Giard

Haha! what an epic finish, did you leave the room to double check and came back?
Since you said that the person who found the game couldn't prove it, I guessed it was me, because I implied that I didn't know. Someone posted about an organization in Deus Ex (or was it DyslexicAlucard's post?), and it gave me the idea to check FEAR's wikia page for organizations in the game, and voila :p

Fireblend

Banned
Just a heads up: Waves is 80% off ($3) right now and throughout the rest of the sale, and after playing it today I can safely say it's a pretty solid purchase for fans of the dual stick shooters genre and a great starting point for those curious about it. Do check it out! :D

Bought Cargo Quest for Gravity because really how could I not. I've only played it myself once and felt vaguely nauseous afterwards, but I really have to see where it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom