• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gala

Since most people already got what they wanted in the sale, I'm getting this peaceful feeling from the boards; like the calm before the storm whereby tomorrow Gabe Newell announces Half Life Three. I would go as far to predict that it could be a prequel to the whole franchise. What led to the G-man? Why does he care about Gordon? At least this is what I think Valve will do because in a mere progression of the story, well, could that meet people's expecations?

Horses!

Salsa

alright let's do this right:

Eyeless gets to pick 3 games from the pot.

post them here so the others know wich ones are taken

then Ultimadrago picks 2, and then Jzero15 picks another two.

Prizes are:

- Torchlight
- Max Payne 1/2
- Prototype
- Cthulu Saves the World/Breath of Death VII
- LA Noire
- The Ship
- Defense Grid + DLC

First person to answer one question correctly will be gifted a copy of Prince of Persia (2008). I have 5 copies to hand out.

1.) What is this? 860776.59- ,5260.73

2.) What is this from?
Code:
* auto
DemoDisk = 0
org = $5400
 tr on
 lst off

3.) Who is this?
YcoQKs.jpg

4.) What academy awarded the game for "Outstanding Achievement in Animation"?

5.) What is Wario64's most played game on Steam?

Note: Please only enter if you genuinely want the game and don't already have it. And you can only win once. Let's keep the good will going. :)

*Previous question asked in thread is void since no one got it.

Jzero

First person to answer one question correctly will be gifted a copy of Prince of Persia (2008). I have 5 copies to hand out.

2.) What is this from?
Code:
* auto
DemoDisk = 0
org = $5400
 tr on
 lst off

3.) Who is this?
YcoQKs.jpg

Note: Please only enter if you genuinely want the game and don't already have it. And you can only win once. Let's keep the good will going. :)

3 )jordan mechner

Ultimadrago

Okay everyone,

1. Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
2. Darkness
3. Bejeweled
4. Prince of Persia
5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
6. Hitman Agent 47
7. Rome: Total War
8. Blur
9. Bioshock
10. Batman Arkham City

Here's my list thus far for the contest...

(Don't forget me if you get rich and famous off of the list)

11. Kid Icarus
12. Rayman Origins
13. Torchlight
14. Ecco the Dolphin
15. Singularity

Final list posting just for kicks

Grakl

2.) What is this from?
Code:
* auto
DemoDisk = 0
org = $5400
 tr on
 lst off

3.) Who is this?
YcoQKs.jpg

1. 855,515.86

Okay so how cool is Universe Sandbox really?

It's surprisingly really fun to mess around on. Me and my brother set ourselves challenges in the demo such as seeing how long we could last by messing up planet orbits or bringing more planets in and seeing how they would effect the universe.

If you like Space. I'd recommend picking it up for $2.50

Toki767

Since most people already got what they wanted in the sale, I'm getting this peaceful feeling from the boards; like the calm before the storm whereby tomorrow Gabe Newell announces Half Life Three. I would go as far to predict that it could be a prequel to the whole franchise. What led to the G-man? Why does he care about Gordon? At least this is what I think Valve will do because in a mere progression of the story, well, could that meet people's expecations?

Why are those extra s and p bolded? Spells out Magic Crystaspls

RedSwirl

No really guys, I'm about to pull the trigger on Universe Sandbox and I want to know how much "fun" anyone here has gotten out of it.

Crayons

Banned

2.) What is this from?
Code:
* auto
DemoDisk = 0
org = $5400
 tr on
 lst off

3.) Who is this?
YcoQKs.jpg

4)AIAS

Oh, too late.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: Nooooooo T_T

ultrazilla

Picked up Rayman: Origins for $15.

Also snagged NFS: Most Wanted when it was $5.

I really need to make a point of playing these instead of
just seeing good deals and buying them and letting them
sit in my library. I'm not the only one who does this, right?

Rocket Knight
Death Spank
Rochard
Scary Girl
OddWorld
Bully
Sonic 4 Episode 2
Audiosurf
Ys

I got two things on my list. :-( I did buy a few games not on my list from recommendations though.

Toki767

2.) What is this from?
Code:
* auto
DemoDisk = 0
org = $5400
 tr on
 lst off

3.) Who is this?
YcoQKs.jpg

5. Faerie Solitaire.

2.) What is this from?
Code:
* auto
DemoDisk = 0
org = $5400
 tr on
 lst off

3.) Who is this?
YcoQKs.jpg

4. Academy for Interactive Arts + Sciences

Aww man beaten like a red headed stepchild :(

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

Prizes are:

- Torchlight
- Max Payne 1/2
- Prototype
- LA Noire
- The Ship
- Defense Grid + DLC

I'll take Max Payne.

I didn't win anything, lol.

Miker

Jobacca just offered to gift me Payday after hearing my sad story of woe, but my friend had JUST gifted it to me, so I passed on his generous offer. Totally awesome gaffer, that dude. Hoopiest frood you'll meet.

That said, I'd like to match his generosity with a lame, but hopefully still generous offer of my own: first person to PM me gets a copy of Nuclear Dawn. GO!

It's Faerie Solitaire at 24.8 hours.
-edit too late.

Is it definite that tomorrow (the 22nd) is the final day of the sale with daily deals?

I know we had discussions about the 23rd as sales end then according to games on offer.. I just curious if anyone knew for sure.

Ultimadrago

Prizes are:

- Torchlight
- Max Payne 1/2
- Prototype
- LA Noire
- The Ship
- Defense Grid + DLC

Hmm, I'll take Max Payne 2 and Defense Grid+DLC.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Here's hoping that I'll get my "Vote 20 times"-badge next time I vote :_:
Crap,misread as getting all 5 right.
That's exactly what I thought, haha! As I had answered 4/5 questions, I was too late...

Jobacca

Neo Member
Jobacca just offered to gift me Payday after hearing my sad story of woe, but my friend had JUST gifted it to me, so I passed on his generous offer. Totally awesome gaffer, that dude. Hoopiest frood you'll meet.

That said, I'd like to match his generosity with a lame, but hopefully still generous offer of my own: first person to PM me gets a copy of Nuclear Dawn. GO!

Thanks man!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
You got gifted tons of neat stuff already. Leave some for us non-celebs! lol

Actually I was only gifted Arma II by dupy. But I was just joking around, anyway. =P

Now, Yoshi on the other hand...

Esch

Banned
Correct. But you stealth'd it, right? You had a different answer the first time I saw your post.

I tried to answer the math one, Grakl beat me, then i got the AIAS one right first.

Grakl quoted my post before the next dude answered. But if its wack, give it to Crayons. he wanted the game before when I was doing my contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom