• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xdrive05

So is there one more round of daily deals, or is this the last one?

Just blew my wallet on Rage... 21GB?! Hey-sues-chris-toe!

The_Monk

What I really want is a good Point & Click adventure and/or Lone Survivor (my most wanted game this sale) then I'll be ready for a Winter/Halloween game session since it's the best time to play these in my opinion. :)

Cheddahz

Banned
Woke up and saw that Ys lost. Great start to the day, you guys made a good choice even if I don't really like kotor all that much.

edit: Oh wow dungeon siege was only 1% behind 1st too. Shocked it got that high.

I was pretty upset too, considering the fact that I'm about to complete Ys: Oath and I would like to jump into Ys: Origin

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What I really want is a good Point & Click adventure and/or Lone Survivor (my most wanted game this sale) then I'll be ready for a Winter/Halloween game session since it's the best time to play these in my opinion. :)
Don't get mad at me, but did you buy Machinarium :3?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Don't be.

When the new daily deals come up, recap or not, this is when the last day starts.

Vote then and you will get your badge, or at least you will be screaming with the rest of us.

Wait I didn't vote after noon on a couple of days. Uh oh.

I think.

I'm not sure.

Gah! Civilization V will not download! Tried everything...

ibwSAjNSve6iZ3.jpg

any tips?

If you don't already have it I've heard very good things about Machinarium. I'm not completely certain that it's a point and click adventure (although I believe it is, I'm just not absolutely certain) but if you don't already have it it might be worth looking into.

At War Recon, I presume you've tried verifying the game cache and restarting Steam?

The_Monk

Don't get mad at me, but did you buy Machinarium :3?

If you don't already have it I've heard very good things about Machinarium. I'm not completely certain that it's a point and click adventure (although I believe it is, I'm just not absolutely certain) but if you don't already have it it might be worth looking into.

Of corse not! I don't get mad at anyone. Yes I got it, but that more like a good Autumn game, Lol. But really, it's a good game I also need to play it, I started but will start over again at some point.

Also have Gemini Rue waiting for a Winter play session but Lone Survivor got stuck in my head and it won't go away. I want that game.

Not sure if its really what you are looking for since its more like Heavy Rain than a traditional point & click, but The Walking Dead is excellent. Dialogue is fairly well written and voice acting is good, but what really stand out are some of the really brutal things that happen and choices the player has to make. Although, not as graphic as the show, because of the art style it still feels like a more brutal world. I really can not recommend it enough.

The one slight I may give it is puzzle don't seem especially tough, but it can be forgiven that when it does so much else so well.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXiMf0R_zn0

Lone Survivor is an amazing game. While it was included in a recent indie bundle, I recommend anyone who missed out on it buy it, especially if you like games like the older Silent Hills or Resident Evils.

The_Monk

Not sure if its really what you are looking for since ite more like Heavy Rain then a traditional point & click, but The Walking Dead is excellent. Dialogue is fairly well written and voice acting is good, but what really stand out are some the really brutal things that happen and choices the player has to make. Although, not as graphic as the show, because of the art style it still feels like a more brutal world. I really can not recommend it enough.

The one slight I may give it is puzzle don't seem especially tough, but it can be forgiven that when it does so much else so well.

That's another one on the list. Yes, it's a different game from a Point & Click adventure game but it's a great game. I watched the Ep. 2 on a Stream and the start of it it's brutal. I finished Back to the future the game and I'm not sure about Jurassic Park but the Walking Dead is looking awesome, just a bit expensive for me and Lone Survivor is a more humble option for the wallet right now. Just wanted a good really deal on it

Alright so I bought ARMA 2 combined ops for DayZ but I already have a non steam version of ARMA 2 installed on my computer. Do I need to redownload ARMA 2 through steam or is there any way to transfer the files over? My download speed is fairly shite.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe today we'll get all the recaps instead of new dailies?

Not that we'll be able to tell considering it has been a big recap week.

At a minimum we'll be getting a new indie pack today. Not sure what that means as far as the other 8 deals being new or repeats, though.

steadfast

Check out Yesterday. Satanic cults, setting hobos on fire; strange things are afoot in that game.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
We may get new dailies today also. Since they put in these flash sales and community votes. There would be no real reason to have Skyrim on sale again for the 4th time.

And by new dailies, I mean games that have already been flash sales and community votes. So probably something like Risen

That's another one on the list. Yes, it's a different game from a Point & Click adventure game but it's a great game. I watched the Ep. 2 on a Stream and the start of it it's brutal. I finished Back to the future the game and I'm not sure about Jurassic Park but the Walking Dead is looking awesome, just a bit expensive for me and Lone Survivor is a more humble option for the wallet right now. Just wanted a good really deal on it

I figured the price would be an issue. Still its something to consider if you're feeling a little weak :p

I was not weak, but I just read all the recommendations and man, what are you all doing to me... Damn. Recommendation-GAF is best GAD indeed.

When I say weak I mean just willing to spend extra money on stuff you won't exactly play right now. Basically what we all do during this sale. I didn't mean to offend.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, that was a close fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom