• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did RAGE ever have a 75% Sale or is 66% max?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I coulda sworn RAGE has been 75% before, but not this sale.
Damn it, that sucks... but it's on Flash sale right now, those should always be 75% ._.
Max 66%

Might have been cheaper on Amazon.
Yeah, this might be the case as-well...

Hmm, if I buy the game in a store (with the disc), can you still register it on Steam?

jarosh

These entries are certainly, uh, interesting so far.

pnn, you're gonna have to add Mega Man to that if you want me to count it ;)

SJRB

Gold Member
Red Orchestra 2 is by far the best game I got out of this summer sale, I'm having great fun with it all weekend.

64-player realism servers are amazing, and even though the graphics are nothing to write home about I have to give some extra credit to the audio. There is some sense of dread and terror I've seldomly heard in a videogame. Explosions everywhere, men crying, yelling orders, begging for their lives and whatnot. Occasionally, when someone is bleeding out, he starts hallucinating, asking stuff like "why are you here mom?". It's pretty brutal. And the music is great.

It's built around the ARMA engine and thus features a fully ballistic body model. And besides, shooting nazis in the face never gets old. It's still 40% off in the Steam Store right now.

Just got home to see that Star Wars beat Ys.

yAENt.gif

Oh well, guess i'll get them at normal sale price tomorrow.
What anime is this? I've seen it a lot.

I got Burnout Paradise but can't play it. According to the Steam forums, looks like they run out of CD keys :p
Out of keys? Wow, that sucks.

So can anyone help me with the problem I am having?

I was redownloading The Witcher. But somewhere along the week, the power went out. So I reboot it and Steam opens. I go to the download section to continue the download, but The Witcher is not there. But in my library, it says "The Witcher - Updated Paused." How am I supposed to continue the download without it being in the download page?
You can resume updating Witcher from the library. Just right click on the Witcher and browse down the list of options.

froliq

Damn it, that sucks... but it's on Flash sale right now, those should always be 75% ._.

Yeah, this might be the case as-well...

Hmm, if I buy the game in a store (with the disc), can you still register it on Steam?

Yep, Rage uses steamworks. So every key from a retail copy or from any DD service will register on Steam.

Yoshichan

Yep, Rage uses steamworks. So every key from a retail copy or from any DD service will register on Steam.
Nice! I just found RAGE (PC) for $5, I'll buy that immediately then! No hater in the world can deny the fact that $5 for a title made by Carmack is worth it!

Nelo Ice

Banned
Red Orchestra 2 is by far the best game I got out of this summer sale, I'm having great fun with it all weekend.

64-player realism servers are amazing, and even though the graphics are nothing to write home about I have to give some extra credit to the audio. There is some sense of dread and terror I've seldomly heard in a videogame. Explosions everywhere, men crying, yelling orders, begging for their lives and whatnot. Occasionally, when someone is bleeding out, he starts hallucinating, asking stuff like "why are you here mom?". It's pretty brutal. And the music is great.

It's built around the ARMA engine and thus features a fully ballistic body model. And besides, shooting nazis in the face never gets old. It's still 40% off in the Steam Store right now.

RO2 is definitely one of my favorite games and I hope plenty of people bought it when it was $5. Also damn if only Arma 2 was cheaper since I'd probably enjoy the base game besides Day Z since I absolutely love how RO2 plays.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Any input on Universe Sandbox before it goes off sale? It's $2.50 and it looks kinda fun.

Danielsan

Posting at work from my phone, tired as hell due to the fact that I stayed up way too late yesterday. I get off from work in 2.5 hours and then I have 1.5 hours to get home, prepare and eat dinner, vote on the new community deal, check and potentialy purchase new steam deals and make my way to the cinema to see Batman. I really hope I don't fall asleep during the movie.

I'll be happy when the sale is over so I can start getting some real sleep again.

thePsyKo1

Neo Member

I was redownloading The Witcher. But somewhere along the week, the power went out. So I reboot it and Steam opens. I go to the download section to continue the download, but The Witcher is not there. But in my library, it says "The Witcher - Updated Paused." How am I supposed to continue the download without it being in the download page?

I had this problem too. In your library, right click on it then select properties. In the "Local Files" tab select "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". Let it do it's thing and you should be good.

Yoshichan

Posting at work from my phone, tired as hell due to the fact that I stayed up way too late yesterday. I get off from work in 2.5 hours and then I have 1.5 hours to get home, prepare and eat dinner, vote on the new community deal, check and potentialy purchase new steam deals and make my way to the cinema to see Batman. I really hope I don't fall asleep during the movie.

I'll be happy when the sale is over so I can start getting some real sleep again.
It's funny how the sale ends just as work starts for me. Perfect coincidence!

Hope you have fun with the movie man!

Sarcasm

I had this problem too. In your library, right click on it then select properties. In the "Local Files" tab select "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". Let it do it's thing and you should be good.

Like he said or hit play..I had it happen once also..I clicked play by accident (meant to right click to go verify) and it started downloading.

I also notice if you hit pause all and resume all in the top it can fix it too.

Yoshichan

fokkusu, that's an awesome pic :D

wrowa

It's nice to see that Valve finally added a warning system that warns potential customers when Valve is about to run out of keys for certain games.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I don't think it's unlocked for anyone for some reason.

2 AM community vote was counted as the previous day's entry. Since we began at 12PM.

Yup, I've decided on it. No more unplayed games!
Goal by Winter sale is to complete at least 12 games from my Steam list and not to add much to my backlog till then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom