• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you didn't see my edit: There are no addition charges, that I've seen, on top of the exchange rate, which at 98 and half cents isn't too much anymore.

Saw it now, thanks!

Also, get this! Since January of 2009 I spent exactly 50 bucks on Steam and purchased 14 games!! 4 of those being small indie games, but the 10 being major third party titles!!

That is insane, and I am proud of my self-control!

goober

GF got me to bite on KOTOR.

Bought:
Saints Row The Third
Bastion
KOTOR

$18.72 in total.

Twice what I usually spend on these sales.

Tell me how your GF convinced you to buy KOTOR.

I want to buy my GF every point and click adventure game that is Mac compatible, but her Macbook 09 doesn't meet the requirements for The Walking Dead which is a real damn shame.

She loves the series.

HiiiLife

If Crysis ends up going on sale should I purchase it? I should also mention I didn't like Crysis 2 on Xbox. At all. I was going to give part 1 the benefit of the doubt. But what are the chances I'll like it if I disliked part 2?

gabbo

Saw it now, thanks!

Also, get this! Since January of 2009 I spent exactly 50 bucks on Steam and purchased 14 games!! 4 of those being small indie games, but the 10 being major third party titles!!

That includes this sale? You sir are my steam sale idol.

MasLegio

Banned
haha

janky jankey steam....

EU citizens do a search for dungeon siege and see the price change depending on how many letters you type in the search field.

DS3 is changing from 4,99 to 11.99

also you cannot search for dungeon siege complete but it is available to buy for 7.49 if you click on ds 1 or 2 in the search result. just remember to select the cheaper price version

leng jai

First purchase: Dear Esther.

Not much of a game but an incredible "experience" one chapter in. Graphics and audio are very good resulting in an atmosphere that is off the charts. Narration is intriguing so far. Definitely not for everyone but for $2.50 you can't go too wrong. I'd recommend getting the soundtrack bundle as well for the extra $1.25, it's excellent too.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
i past my at&t limit of 150 GB. i've never pasted it before since they implemented the cap and now i find myself at 210+GB... fuck...

Crayons

Banned
Saw it now, thanks!

I'm pretty sure spending that little on Steam is against Gaben's terms of service. Be careful, your account could be locked.

Please teach me your ways.

Wow, I'm finally a GAF member. Only took 2 1/2 years.

HiiiLife

First purchase: Dear Esther.

Not much of a game but an incredible "experience" one chapter in. Graphics and audio are very good resulting in an atmosphere that is off the charts. Narration is intriguing so far. Definitely not for everyone but for $2.50 you can't go too wrong. I'd recommend getting the soundtrack bundle as well for the extra $1.25, it's excellent too.

I enjoyed Flower and Journey. Would I enjoy this?

samman6

Dungeon siege, finally I have been waiting for you to drop. Bought the complete pack, not sure on 2 and 3 but the first is one of my favorite games ever.

spk

Would you guys recommend the Blackwell Bundle or the Pendulo Bundle? The Pendulo games look a lot less interesting now that I've seen the quicklooks..

Just when I thought I would have a day where I wouldn't buy anything, they just had to put the Pendulo Adventure Pack as a Flash deal. I've been itching to try the Runaway series, and the Next Big Thing and Yesterday both look like interesting adventure games. I'll probably end up biting on it, even though it'll take a nice chunk out of my Steam wallet.

Tell me how your GF convinced you to buy KOTOR.

I want to buy my GF every point and click adventure game that is Mac compatible, but her Macbook 09 doesn't meet the requirements for The Walking Dead which is a real damn shame.

She loves the series.

Pretty easily. She played the game with her dad years ago and thought it was awesome. She described it to me as "mass effect with light sabres." I know that's not exactly true, but at $2.49 and with such high regards, it was kind of a no-brainer.

She likes to watch while I play games. We've done it with... probably over a dozen games now. Currently we are playing through Tales of Monkey Island. Really fun playing with a friend due to the humour!

CTE

If Crysis ends up going on sale should I purchase it? I should also mention I didn't like Crysis 2 on Xbox. At all. I was going to give part 1 the benefit of the doubt. But what are the chances I'll like it if I disliked part 2?

Depends on why you didn't like it.

The first is more sandbox if you felt restricted in the second, for example.

Edit - please note that the first game is STILL a beast to run maxed out. Especially compared to 2.

My damage for the day:

steam_damageqijt1.png

goober

Pretty easily. She played the game with her dad years ago and thought it was awesome. She described it to me as "mass effect with light sabres." I know that's not exactly true, but at $2.49 and with such high regards, it was kind of a no-brainer.

She likes to watch while I play games. We've done it with... probably over a dozen games now. Currently we are playing through Tales of Monkey Island. Really fun playing with a friend due to the humour!

That's exactly how some gaffers described it. She's a keeper.

I'm the other way around. I like watching her play adventure games; she's not too interested in the games I play lolol

Sianos

Scared there will be another amazing flash sale, so its another 3 am night for me. Think I'll lie in bed
and watch some Highlander casts for TF2 til then.

Salsa

maaaaaan if Yesterday was $5 I would jumped on it right after the deal went up, but at $7.5 im really debating it considering the money I have left

damn you indeed Gaben

leng jai

I enjoyed Flower and Journey. Would I enjoy this?

I think so, but it's even less of a game than Flower (haven't played Journey). You literally just walk around listening to the narration and soak in the atmosphere until you get to the end of the level.

That's exactly how some gaffers described it. She's a keeper.

I'm the other way around. I like watching her play adventure games; she's not too interested in the games I play lolol

Ha, that's pretty funny actually! What games do you play?

On topic: stupid non-daily deals... only 1.. more.. hour... must not sleep.

derFeef

Wait what's the fourth Flash Deal? Pendulo, Europa Universalis, Civ 5, ?

I never had anything locked out for my region.

yogloo

I thought I have bought almost everything I wanted, but somehow I ended up buying games that I never paid attention to. WTF steam.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I'm already quite fatigued from this sale. I skipped on DR2: OTR because I've finally found self-control..and it's only half off the XBLA price.

I'm going to try to stick to games 2.49 or less, and really cheap DLC. I was putting together categories of "Completed," "Unbeatable," "In Progress," etc. and my category of completed games was embarrassingly small.

Does anybody else think there is zero chance that MW3 doesn't win this vote? Ah well, it hasnt been on sale yet so I guess that is good for the people that want it.

oipic

Guessing this round of voting might go to Skyrim?

Cranky with myself for not picking up DX:HR the other day (and every other time), but I suppose it's still a chance to pop up again before Gabe is done? Hoping the original goes on sale, too, would love to replay it after all these years.

gabbo

is still life good?

Some of the puzzles can verge on pixel hunting, but the story and art work make it worth the time. Spoiler:
Cliff hanger ending requires the sequel or you're punch your monitor in frustration

For less than 4 bucks, that bundle is a steal.

Retne

I'm already quite fatigued from this sale. I skipped on DR2: OTR because I've finally found self-control..and it's only half off the XBLA price.

I'm going to try to stick to games 2.49 or less, and really cheap DLC. I was putting together categories of "Completed," "Unbeatable," "In Progress," etc. and my category of completed games was embarrassingly small.

I do the same thing except there's a lot of games in the beat category. Hence me camping the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom