• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I've never heard of any of the games in the Pendulo pack. Anyone care to sell me on them? Or at least clue me in on what exactly they are?

gabbo

End game mirrors edge spoilers:
That fucking stupid server room. I played that level for like an hour dying over and over. I shouldn't have done my no gun run-through my first time though. Still, that level sucked.
I still get caught up on that level and I've beaten the game a handful of times.

Cudder

Is the Dear Esther soundtrack worth it? It's only an extra $1.25, and you can only buy it with the game for some reason.

I spent the extra money and get it. It sounded alright from the trailer. Something I can put on at night and fall asleep too.

Does anyone here also buy games on Steam using a credit card from Canada?

I am just curious how much does VISA (Canada) charge you in fees for purchasing online games in US Dollars? I hope not much if any...on this note, is there a way to check a record of your past purchases on Steam? Excuse my ignorance.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you could buy what looked like a full list of the Steam catalog for a fraction of the price, would you do it?

Come to think of it, I do wish there were an easy way to add every subscription you don't currently have to your cart. You know, for science.

Edit: There really does need to be an easier/quicker way to check if you already own a game/DLC, short of looking through your Library, than clicking through to the product page or adding it to your cart. For instance, add the cart message "You already own this game" to search results.

TGMIII

How is the Assassins creed pack cheaper than it was before with the same percentage off. It's £8 less expensive than it was 2 days ago.

yep.

2012-07-16-summer-spendings.png

Finally, a fitting avatar.

gabbo

I am just curious how much does VISA (Canada) charge you in fees for purchasing online games in US Dollars? I hope not much if any...on this note, is there a way to check a record of your past purchases on Steam? Excuse my ignorance.

Yes, no extra charges that I've ever seen and have been doing so for a few years now (outside of exchange rates obviously). Clicking "X's account" at the top of the Steam client will take you to your past purchases

I been using my visa debit. It's not that bad. My $4.99 purchases come up to like 5.20 Cdn

Kwixotik

I bought The Walking Dead for $15. I'm poor as hell, but hopefully it's worth it. My girlfriend and I have been watching the TV show together.

Also tempted by KOTOR. I've never played it before.

I would have bought FEAR if I didn't miss it. Tempted by the Pendulo games, but I don't know much about them and don't want to spend more money.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
hmm...wanna buy Pendulo Pack, but already have The Next Big Thing. :/

I don't have any of them. What kind of games are they (besides "Adventure")? I'm not a fan of point-n-click at all, but I can't deny these games look beautiful.

But just what the heck are they?

MasLegio

Banned
bug with dungeon siege 3 not showing on first page?

because if i do a search for it the flash deal is active in my country anyway (5€)

and why does it still say amnesia is a flash sale on game page even though it is not listed as a flash sale?

Yes, no extra charges that I've ever seen and have been doing so for a few years now. Clicking "X's account" at the top of the Steam client will take you to your past purchases

Thank you

I been using my visa debit. It's not that bad. My $4.99 purchases come up to like 5.20 Cdn

Yes, but that extra $0.21 is simply currency conversion rate right? there's no VISA "US/International Purchase" fees or stupid bs like that?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Only got SR3 so far. I think I'm gonna love it. It's just insanely over the top which is awesome.

kurahador

I don't have any of them. What kind of games are they (besides "Adventure")? I'm not a fan of point-n-click at all, but I can't deny these games look beautiful.

But just what the heck are they?

Well, they're all basically a point-n-click adventure game.
The main draw of their games are the cell-shaded graphic.

gabbo

Thank you

Yes, but that extra $0.21 is simply currency conversion rate right? there's no VISA "US/International Purchase" fees or stupid bs like that?

In case you didn't see my edit: There are no addition charges, that I've seen, on top of the exchange rate, which at 98 and half cents isn't too much anymore.

Dacvak

Well, they're all basically a point-n-click adventure game.
The main draw of their games are the cell-shaded graphic.

Thanks, appreciate the info.

Danj

Haha, Dungeon Siege is showing up as "We're sorry, this game is not available in your region".

Also, this Pendulo pack looks interesting, which (if any) of the games in it are worth picking up?

LiK

bah, still feel burned on the Pendulo Pack. wish i waited for the Flash before jumping on the Runaway games individually.

inky

Hmm... Dungeon Siege 3 kinda sucked, didn't it? But at the same time... it's kinda purdy :-/

I had enough fun with it. It's not a bad game, it's just unremarkable. The boss battles are actually decent and it has a lengthy campaign. Co-op sucks balls tho.

Giard

Europa Universalis III Chronicles is a must-have if you enjoy strategy games. For 7.50, you can't go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom