• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I need to run this comp but I don't want to take away the spotlight from ImRights Competition which requires no effort, not like mine! Remember, he is giving away some quality games.

The generosity during this sale at GAF is astounding so I have created this one for people who might feel like they're missing out. Please read on.

Competition Time

Please read the rules and directions before entering, we don't want massive images!

The idea here is to give the less fortunate a game, so if you've bought heaps or received lots of gifts then you probably won't win.

How to Enter!
  1. Open Steam
  2. At the top select View > Setttings
  3. In the pop up box select the Account tab > then Account History
  4. When the page loads, select 'Store Transactions'
  5. Ideally you want to take a pic of both but may have to extend a drop box or two.
  6. Take a screenshot and crop as neccesary (No one is interested in your account balance etc :p ) and upload to a host
  7. We don't want to see your entire purchase history!
  8. Try and include your account name in the screenshot, even if it is only half (like my submission below) to try and eliminate any cheats. ;)
  9. Please, PLEASE put your screenshot(s) in a quote so it doesn't fill up a page.

Rules
  • One entry per person!
  • Do not quote this whole post! We don't want to fill the pages up with the same list of rules and guidelines every time someone enters.
  • The winner must have purchased at least one game during the sale before this post was made. If you have purchased nothing at all, then sorry, it is not valid. This is just to prevent people from creating a new account or trying to bend the rules, plus it shows you did actually have an interest in the sales.
  • All July Purchases and the last one prior to the summer sale must be viewable in the image (See my submission below)
  • If you need two screenshots cos your purchase and gift history for July is massive, the chances are you won't win but that's not guaranteed, it all depends on the lists submitted.
  • Both Store Transaction and Gift Transaction must be viewable in the same picture, even if you have to crop a second screenshot to get the remainder of the bottom box.
  • There will be three winners based on the least amount of purchases (keep in mind you must've bought something during the sale!).
  • The first winner with the least games purchased will get to choose one game from a selection of three. The second place winner will get to choose one from the two and the last remaining game will go into a random number draw based on the remaining entries.

The Prizes
F.E.A.R 3
Crysis
Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box

Here is my list as an example. of how it should appear (and don't forget to put it in quotes!)
Keep in mind that my actual Store Transations is the smallest I can make it, even though I've not actually put anything in my game library yet.

8YhNb.jpg

Competition will expire in 34 minutes from the timestamp for this post.

If you're unclear about anything, just ask and I will try to clear it up.

Don't you know? Steam wallets are magical. Once you've added money to it, no additional funds can be added for the duration of the sale. Thus, people who use the Steam wallet are paragons of frugality, never exceeding their budgets and blasting through their backlogs.

Bullshit. I added money 3 times this sale, and bought stuff outside of that.

Also, just caved and bought Gal Civ 2 last minute.

$5 left in my wallet now, probably reserved for Dota 2 chest keys.

Salsa

welp I cant play Day Z on the GAF server (or almost any server for that matter) cause it kicks me after 1 minute or so for high ping.

money well wasted.

Gen X

welp I cant play Day Z on the GAF server (or almost any server for that matter) cause it kicks me after 1 minute or so for high ping.

money well wasted.

Might just be the time of day or something? Perhaps check the OP in the Day Z thread and if it's not there make a post? I've had no problems. How's your ping?

Grakl

The only achievement I don't have done for the badge is the Join the Summer Sale Group one, but I joined the group from the start. What gives?

Man, Alan Wake, Fallout, GTA4? Batman, Dead Island, Witcher 2 up for sale? If everyone is hitting their 4th-6th time, you can bring back Darkness II for its 3rd!

Mairu

Wait, 75% off MW3? Isn't that even cheaper than the daily deal on the first day?

Looks like it's still 50% off on the page... except the one that comes with the strategy guide is 75% off for 17.49?

edit: guess it was just a bug on their end... should've just bought it when I saw it for 75% off

Is there any chance that the Half-Life complete pack might show up again today? I thought Valve would pimp it out given it's one of their own. I'd rather not buy them individually. It was a steal at the sale price, hurts bad knowing I missed it. As someone who has only ever played Half-Life 2 on Xbox/PC, what am I missing out on?

Gen X

Will post charts and graphs of purchase data some time later/tomorrow.

How come there are no dates next to your purchases like in my image? I don't think you selected 'Store Transactions'

That image would be void as there is no proof when you bought them.

why do people put finds in their wallet instead of just using their CC info? is it just to set a limit for yourself? (seems like you'd be more likely to want to spend all of the balance)
Some credit card companies will lock you out of buying stuff if they notice too many transactions. Some gamers are not old enough for a credit card so they buy points from the store, or just ask their parents to add some money to their Steam wallet.

Exchange rates always change too. For example: In Canada, the CAD is sometimes worth more then the USD, so a Canadian would be better off buying some funds for his/her wallet is still high before the CAD shifts back to lower then the USD.

Gandie

Time on my contest has expired, here are the winners:

Frozen Synapse goes to

Zerokoolpsx

Audiosurf goes to

BuddyJoeHooker

and Hitman goes to

Jables Swan

Winners will be contacted shortly. Thank you all for playing.

Top Bottom