• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Cth

I need to run this comp but I don't want to take away the spotlight from ImRights Competition which requires no effort, not like mine! Remember, he is giving away some quality games.

Cth42Steam.jpg

King of the Fort!!!!! AHHH YEEEEAAAAAAA

Now this sale is officially over for me (unless kind hearts can gift Bulletstorm or Far Cry Complete to me :p)

Thoughts:

My first Steam sale was alright but i could feel myself almost losing control a few times :/

The sales themselves were cool as a few times i felt bad for buying a certain game way earlier before the sale since i should have just waited.

The biggest disappointment were the amount of repeats and i felt the sale ran out of steam in the final 3 days or so.

List

Machinarium
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Still Life Collection
FEAR Complete Pack (ROW)
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Prince of Persia
Painkiller: Black Edition
Left 4 Dead 2
Max Payne Bundle
Star Wars: KOTOR
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Half-Life Complete
Binding of Isaac Bundle (Summer 2012)
Trine Bundle (Summer 2012)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW)
Saints Row: The Third (9.99 from Amazon)
Mount and Blade: Warband (Free from Amazon GAF Thread)
Saints Row: The Third - Special Ops Vehicle Pack (Free from Amazon GAF Thread)

Total: 5 shy from a 100

Winter should be interesting...

Glad that was $2.50. 74 minutes later...meh.

I'm all for experimental entertainment experiences so I thought I'd be big on this. I wasn't.

The only thing you can "interact" with is the landscape--by walking through it. And backtracking wasn't fun at that snail's pace.

Thankfully I have many other Steam Sale games to play!

blazeuk

Could have bought MW3/Guide at 75% off, got to the paypal screen to pay for it anyway (not sure if it would have went through after i clicked pay now but i dont see why not), but then backed out...I've already played it to death on Xbox360, but was somewhat curious to see how it played on the PC. Considering I didn't buy Arma II, which I do actually want I think it was more of a "Buy it, its a mistake!" reaction which I managed to slap myself out of.

HiiiLife

STILL no Hitman huh Steam? I once again see options for GTA4, Alan Wake, MW3 AND Revelations but the one game I missed won't repeat.

*shakes head*

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
It's the same thing, minus me adding funds. :U

It's not cos nothing there says when you purchased the items. There is no date stamp, no proof they were purchased during the sale. I mentioned that in the rules. #4 "All July Purchases and the last one prior to the summer sale must be viewable in the image (See my submission below)"

I'm sorry, but I am just trying to make this as fair as possible on all entrants.

9 Minutes Remaining!

Hana-Bi

My summer ended today with...

Alan Wake American Nightmare
Anno 2070 Pack
Botanicula
Costume Quest
Frozen Synapse
Galactic Civilizations II
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Krater - Collectors Edition
The Longest Journey
Magicka Complete Pack
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Railworks 3 - Haulin' USA Pack
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Splintercell: Chaos Theory
Splinter Cell Conviction
Stacking
Star Wars: KOTOR
Torchlight
Trine Bundle
The Walking Dead
Ys Origin

And I'm playing Krater right now. So at least 1 game was played till the next sale.

Shurayuki

You know, all three games are ace. I've finished GTAIV, I own FO:NV and own Alan Wake but if I was going to vote it would be GTAIV just for that mod, but then, would I really play the game again, or just be impressed for half an hour then never play it again?

Thing too, there are three genres here. A thriller, an RPG and a sandbox so not everyone is into all of them. I can't decide on where to waste my vote!

Oh the games are definitely all ace, I'm more a fan of Infinity Engine Fallout though and Alan Wake is already mine and I'm looking forward to playing it very much. GTA IV was really cheap on Amazon last winter (5$=free if you had a code from the earlier sale) and honestly people might want to not get it on steam to have less of a hassle getting the mod working, but who am I kidding haha.

What kind of framerates should you expect in order to be able to get the game looking like that.

Sethos makes it sound very easy but if we're honest many people have problems getting even the vanilla game to run acceptably so be wary!

I don't think I can support a man who spends $34 on bad games but can't spend $5.09 on a good one!

A lot of that is going to get cut. I just can't decide what yet.

Probably splice and shuggy as they seem like stuff that will be in indie bundles or daily deals in the next few months. It's kind of sad as they're probably the ones that deserve my money the most, but I gotta watch out for my wallet :(

Codeblue

I ended up with:

Ys Origin and Oath of Felghana
Frozen Synapse Red DLC

for $15.06.

Debating Just Cause 2 and Prince of Persia 2008 at the moment, but other than that I'm done.

My most successful sale in terms of self control yet.

Top Bottom