• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

HBroward

Guys, wasn't there a 20% off for GMG in the last thread? I can't seem to find it but I remember seeing it. Have the itch to pick up War in the North but I'd like the code.

Thank you for posting this, just grabbed it for $2 after trading in 2 free games I had for $3 each, and using the 20% off code! Now that is what I call a deal. Here is the code for anyone curious: COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1

Derrick01

Banned
I just have to step in and say how wonderful GFWL is. I wanted to play Arkham City but ever since I changed my windows live password a couple of weeks ago I haven't been able to sign in to GFWL. I can sign in everywhere else including xbox's site, but GFWL won't recognize the password.

Amazing service.

Detox

I just have to step in and say how wonderful GFWL is. I wanted to play Arkham City but ever since I changed my windows live password a couple of weeks ago I haven't been able to sign in to GFWL. I can sign in everywhere else including xbox's site, but GFWL won't recognize the password.

Amazing service.
It is one of the characters in your password try changing it and keep it under 16 characters.

Just noticed that 11 of my Steam friends own it.

Also seconding the question now.

Think it was because of a giveaway on Steamgifts where there was like 25k keys given out or something.

As for the indie bundles, definitely agree on that part. The fifth one was the only one I got as I said due to Gemini Rue being the same price as the bundle, along with the fact that Oath in Felghana was in it. Would've loved having an extra giftable copy of Audiosurf since I have it already, but very few bundles actually net you an extra copy.

And Just Cause 2 wins the community vote.

Amazing service.

Exact same thing happened to me. Now go to the windows live webpage and try to create n new GFWL profile. Even after you do everything right the website just wont finish the process.

Oh and it is going to ask for 2 email addresses or just 1 + a phone number. : /

Danielsan

Just Cause 2 wins. As expected.
Now to flip a coin as to whether or not I should spend another €5. I really really shouldn't, but I kind of want to?

KingKong

why do people put finds in their wallet instead of just using their CC info? is it just to set a limit for yourself? (seems like you'd be more likely to want to spend all of the balance)

Gandie

Giving away one copy each of:

*Hitman: Blood Money
*Audiosurf
*Frozen Synapse

Send me a PN with your steam name no later than 1AM CEST (30 minutes from now) to enter. I will draw at random.

Enter for ONE GAME ONLY by putting the game you want in the PN header.

ONLY 30 MINUTES LEFT

Toki767

why do people put finds in their wallet instead of just using their CC info? is it just to set a limit for yourself? (seems like you'd be more likely to want to spend all of the balance)

Some people would rather not give out their credit card information.

If you wanted to attach a credit card to your account, you have to add funds. Also because some people might not have credit cards.

Lain

As a noob of PC strategy games and someone that isn't particularly in love with the space setting in games, I'm wondering if it would be a mistake to grab Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition just because it is 3.74€.
How difficult it is to get into it?

Derrick01

Banned
It is one of the characters in your password try changing it and keep it under 16 characters.

So does it not recognize symbols like & or something? That flies in the face of what they tell you to make when making a hotmail/xbox password so I guess they just forgot about GFWL. God awful MS.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Just Cause 2 wins. As expected.
Now to flip a coin as to whether or not I should spend another €5. I really really shouldn't, but I kind of want to?

Excellent. I was hoping this would come around again as I forgot to buy one for myself last time! At least the voting wasn't fixed this time! *cough* Y's Oranges *cough*

Xater

Is anyone willing to get me Analogue or Splice for Terraria? The game seems cool but I'd rather have something that I can run in OSX.

ImRight

Edit: So it seems some people are not reading the post in its entirety before pm'ing me, would appreciate if you do, as it saves me checking the entries without Game name & number in subject, althought to save confusion please dont Pm me again if you have at least included your number and confirmed its for bioshock 2

Ok so being a new member to the Gaf, and seeing how generous everyone is, I have been totally blown away and i have been inspired to run a little giveaway of my own,

So up for grabs is

Bioshock 2 x2

Torchlight 1 x2

Bastion x2

Will just be run as a random Pick Winner, Pretty simple system not exactly as creative as some, but easy to enter (can't wait to see what that code is >.<)

As my "competition" relies on pm's and i am limited to 50 i will be running 3 seperate Stages for each game, i will repost when the next stage is going.

Please only enter for game's you do not have,

First game up for grabs Is bioshock 2

Ok so if you want to enter, Please Pm me with (in subject line)

1. The name of the game you want (I know im running 1 game at a time, this just makes things easier)

2. A number From 1 to 50, (your choice)

GOOD LUCK

So getting close to draw now, just a repost to make sure anyone who wants a shot gets a chance, ~18 spots left

In any case i dont wanna drag this thing on to long so it will be drawn soon

Detox

So does it not recognize symbols like & or something? That flies in the face of what they tell you to make when making a hotmail/xbox password so I guess they just forgot about GFWL. God awful MS.
It doesn't recognise a specific symbol DrKirby posted about it a while ago not sure if it was a comma or apostrophe but it was something specific. It also doesn't like passwords over 16 characters iiirc.

DukeBobby

Mirror's Edge lost?

ramsey_no.gif

Lain

I added funds this time because during my first ever steam sale this winter, Steam had my CC locked out near the end since I made too many purchases one after the other. At least with funds, I didn't have that problem this time.

Shurayuki

People also had problems in the past with CC companies locking their cards because the many transfers of low amounts triggered fraud protection.

Koroviev

Don't you know? Steam wallets are magical. Once you've added money to it, no additional funds can be added for the duration of the sale. Thus, people who use the Steam wallet are paragons of frugality, never exceeding their budgets and blasting through their backlogs.

Helps set a budget and removes annoyance of entering info each time you make a purchase (which is quite often during a sale.)

Razek

Banned
VICTORY

No one has an excuse to not buy this game. NO ONE.

There are people who don't own the game yet? For heaven's sake people, buy this game already!

Seriously. Even if the main game isn't for you, google for the 30 version trainer and turn on infinite grapple strength and infinite grapple lines. Go to the main airport and have fun creating wacky contraptions with the jet airliners. Try creating a chain of 20 bikes strapped to a 747. It's good clean fun. (Also the decked out, make everything free black market mod too) +HD clouds is a must!

I personally like strapping the tiny plane to the big jet plane and making a supersonic orbit.

evilhomer

Another reason to add to steam wallet was the gamestop trade in deal. I traded in just a few games I was most likely never going to play again and got a $50 card for it.

Grakl

Don't you know? Steam wallets are magical. Once you've added money to it, no additional funds can be added for the duration of the sale. Thus, people who use the Steam wallet are paragons of frugality, never exceeding their budgets and blasting through their backlogs.

Exactly. I put $10 in the Steam wallet at the beginning of the sale, and that's all I have spent.

Top Bottom