• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

PaulLFC

Just saw this on Forgotten Sands' page:

Ubisoft requires a permanent Internet connection to play this video game at all times.

Money saved.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Lol. Yeah, what he actually said was closer to what you're saying right now. I just wanted to be polite since I haven't personally tried combat yet.

All I want is a fun space game that I can run. Why does Evochorn have to be bad? TT_TT

Madwall has kindly donated a 75% of Trine 2 coupon, so I can hold a mini contest!

THE CONTEST

Write a one paragraph+ erotic fan fiction starring the characters of Trine 2 and post it here!

I'll choose the winner in an hour and fifteen minutes, at 9:00 PM EST!

GO GO GO!
What the hell?

Artofwar420

Madwall has kindly donated a 75% of Trine 2 coupon, so I can hold a mini contest!

THE CONTEST

Write a one paragraph+ erotic fan fiction starring the characters of Trine 2 and post it here!

GO GO GO!

This gonna b gud.

RoadDogg

Hooray for JC2! The only thing I didn't get that I kind of wanted was Ys Origin but I will just pick that up during the holiday sale since I wouldn't have gotten around to it anyway.

THE CONTEST

GO GO GO!

popcorn.gif

THE CONTEST

GO GO GO!
Wait, what are you gifting? The donated coupon? I'm confused.

Couldn't have asked for a better game as my first steam gift.

z5LRP.png

Magical horses await me, Thanks blah!

You're welcome! If you could also race those horses I'd be in too.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

THE CONTEST

GO GO GO!

Wut.

dot

Hooray for JC2! The only thing I didn't get that I kind of wanted was Ys Origin but I will just pick that up during the holiday sale since I wouldn't have gotten around to it anyway.

Same. I figured the Ys games would be bundled in a later sale and i'm already swamped with a backlog so yeah..

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Shintoki's Finale Total

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes: 3.75$
Trine 2: 3.75$
Qube: 3.75$
From Dust: 3.75$
Napoleonic Wars(M/B Warband Expansion): 2.50$
Dead Rising Off The Record: 9.99$
AssCreed II: 4.99$
GTA Liberty City Stories: 4.99$
Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity: 4.99$
Thief Collection: 6.75$
Burnout Paradise 3.99$
Ys Oath: Gift. Much love<3
EUIII Chronicles: Amazon Freebie, Much Love.

Total: 53.75$

I planned for abut 50$, spent about 50$. So thus all good. picked up 4 of the 6 items I planned on.

I've also become king of the fort!

kafiend

I'm convinced that there isn't a single person on GAF who has played Evochron Mercenary.

I have, had the game for a few months but sadly have only managed to play around 3 hours with the full game and around the same with the demo.
A friend was asking me about the game the other day and my reply was along he lines of I'd play it more but I always get the feeling that the game hates me and wants to kill me. This is not from having guys shooting at you, just game mechanics.
It can be difficult, especially combat, although I put it down primarily because I found the navigation system for jumping long distances to be a nightmare. Flying into planet atmosphere from space is very cool though. I will play a lot more of it as there seems to be a load of content in there.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I have, had the game for a few months but sadly have only managed to play around 3 hours with the full game and around the same with the demo.
A friend was asking me about the game the other day and my reply was along he lines of I'd play it more but I always get the feeling that the game hates me and wants to kill me. This is not from having guys shooting at you, just game mechanics.
It can be difficult, especially combat, although I put it down primarily because I found the navigation system for jumping long distances to be a nightmare. Flying into planet atmosphere from space is very cool though. I will play a lot more of it as there seems to be a load of content in there.

Thanks for the impression.

Razek

Banned

THE CONTEST

GO GO GO!

"The touching v.2"

They started touching. All three of them. It was the most intricate type of touching you could ever imagine. Then out of nowhere an explosion, of the dirty kind. Someone looked down and said "ew". They cleaned up the dirty mess and proceeded to continue with their prior activity, having learned nothing at all. Finally something extremely good feeling happened. They looked at each other. One was tiny. The big one started stroking something noone well ever say forever. Nobody will ever talk about this day, because they all died after that.

The end.

*Just to clarify they are mopping a dirty floor and petting there new little dog fluffy. I don't want the game.

Cth

THE CONTEST

GO GO GO!

If only it was for Secret of the Magic Crystals I might have entered.

Saige

I must do better.
Spent a bit more than I expected. My haul:

Rayman Origins
Saints Row: The Third
The Walking Dead
Assassins Creed 2
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Zeno Clash
Far Cry 2 (double dipping)
Binding of Isaac DLC
Crusader Kings 2 DLC
Civilization V DLC
Magicka DLC

Total: $66.25

The Walking Dead is the best buy out of all that stuff so far.

Okay, so looks like I'm closing with Oddboxx and maybe Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth, or Krater. I've only played Cthulu on Xbox quite a long time ago, does anyone know how well it runs on PC? Particularly Windows 7...? :S

Removed Rochard and Grimrock from my cart since I gifted Ys: Oath to Smashkirby and bought Offspring Fling! and Ys Origins.

Might contemplate a bit on them if I want to purchase those, but if not, this might be my last purchase.

The assassins creed pack costs more then buying them seperately lol, gonna buy 2 and brotherhood for pc see how different they are compared to ps3, should I get brotherhood normal or deluxe version?

scitek

For those that don't know, Just Add Water is having a closed beta this week for Stranger's Wrath HD. I'm in it with like 60 other people, so that free update will be coming along pretty soon.

Watevaman

For those that don't know, Just Add Water is having a closed beta this week for Stranger's Wrath HD. I'm in it with like 60 other people, so that free update will be coming along pretty soon.

Does this mean I should buy Stranger's Wrath for $5? I was kind of waiting for the HD update, but there's also a chance it'll go on sale again to celebrate the update.

Bah, decisions.

Thanks for the heads-up. I've been circling the Oddboxx to see if received further discount during the Summer sale and though at this point, it's likely not, I'm still going ahead as $7.49 is a steal. Can't wait for the HD update.

Grakl

THE CONTEST

GO GO GO!

Huh.

Top Bottom