• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Alright GAF a promise is a promise. I gonna choose two ppl who will get a free game. Lets see....

Choose a number between 1 and 10 ...the first two ppl to guess the right number wins a free game under 5 bucks of their choice.

mhayze

Ugh. Waited until "the last minute" and bought the Bethesda bundle, even though I just wanted Skyrim. Now it's a flash sale ><. Oh well, I guess I got some other games for the difference.

Toki767

I bet if people keep doing contests, we could get this thread to 20k posts by tomorrow morning lol

lolllllllllll

I didn't even realize that at first! I don't deserve to be called an Animaniacs fan. ;_;

You don't like Animaniacs? Do you at least like Reboot?

Thanks ya! But what is that exactly?

Been so long since I did this, there's a Download button there, just follow instructions, you have to have FireFox I believe and change the theme of your browser, honestly I am not the most technical guy with these things, someone else here I am sure would be more helpful.

Just ask "GAF How do I install the GAF dark theme?" and include the link. good luck

Double D

Yikes. Thought I spent about $50 but it was a little over $120. At least I have a bunch of great games I'll never play. I get more enjoyment out of just scrolling through my games list in grid mode than I probably should.

gabbo

Okay then, redux:
Rebel Leader, Napoleonthechimp, soundman, joe molotov, DeadFalling, code blue, videoman, Roaddogg, Lonewolf_92, dot, snack and maddwall as the guy in the corner?

Okay guys, I bought Oblivion GOTY. Should I still get Torchlight? I'm not too sure if I'll play it. Is it something I can play easily without a mouse?

Anedar

Time's up, here you have the answer for the code.

People seemed to get quite a bit hung up on the binary part, thinking it was ascii, but there is a pretty simple way to convert the alphabet to numbers, namely making a=1 b=2 etc. So we start of with converting the binary code to decimals, giving us 63 88 3 100 137 174 46 69 113 228 29 197 171 11 250 87

But most of these numbers are to high, so we take modulus 26 from each number (IE removing 26 until you wind up with a number between 1-26) which gives us 11 10 3 22 7 18 20 17 9 20 3 15 15 11 16 9 or kjcvgrtqitcookpi.

Complete nonsense, unless you decode it with a caesar cipher. By brute forcing it or just guessing that the shift value is 2, you can decode the message and wind up with the secret message ihateprogramming.

Maybe a bit hard, but with some more time and dedication you probably could have solved it.

Grakl

And the posts go on!

Time's up, here you have the answer for the code.

People seemed to get quite a bit hung up on the binary part, thinking it was ascii, but there is a pretty simple way to convert the alphabet to numbers, namely making a=1 b=2 etc. So we start of with converting the binary code to decimals, giving us 63 88 3 100 137 174 46 69 113 228 29 197 171 11 250 87

But most of these numbers are to high, so we take modulus 26 from each number (IE removing 26 until you wind up with a number between 1-26) which gives us 11 10 3 22 7 18 20 17 9 20 3 15 15 11 16 9 or kjcvgrtqitcookpi.

Complete nonsense, unless you decode it with a caesar cipher. By brute forcing it or just guessing that the shift value is 2, you can decode the message and wind up with the secret message ihateprogramming.

Maybe a bit hard, but with some more time and dedication you probably could have solved it.

Sounds good. I don't know any programming, so trying to brute force it would be probably be close to impossible, heh. Still, I enjoyed the challenge.

gabbo

Rebel Leader, Napoleonthechimp, soundman, joe molotov, DeadFalling, code blue, videoman, Roaddogg, Lonewolf_92, dot, snack and maddwall or madd4mon in the corner

Top Bottom