• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Has my account been blocked?
I made 10 gift purchases in a row and now I get this when I try to buy another:

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

WTF?
If I contact support I'll only get a reply in like 2 days minimum. I know them...

Anyone? :(

Necrovex

fMiEi.png

not much, since i already had everything already. ill wait winter sale to buy some other games that could have been lower this sale.

total damage: $68.19

How do I check what I bought during the sale anyway?

Grinchy

Banned
Aw man, I was hoping to win that Torchlight 1 giveaway. I guess I could pony up the $3.74, but winning it would be so much more satisfying.

tylerf

Indie Bundle XII
THE SUPER PLATFORMER BUNDLE
I tried to stick with a theme and went for these great games. This bundle is for everyone who loves platformers <3 Noitu Love 2, Tobe's Vertical Adventure, and And Yet It Moves are all lesser known games, but I had to include two of my favorite games ever in VVVVV and Cave Story.

AlexBasch

Shit, I wanted to buy The Witcher 1 with my steam wallet funds but for some reason the purchase doesn't go through, I think I'll miss it. :/ Dammit.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I've just about given up on this binary code contest. Even with the hints it's like trying to find a needle in haystack.

Ok, it's not a sketch contest, a little easier and less exciting, before I start, like many before me who held contests have said, let's give people who didn't get a chance to win or buy and own many games during this sale a chance to win on this one.

Winner of this contest will win the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle, which includes:

Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor, Trine, Jack Claw, and a preorder for a game called "Splot". All of them (except Jack Claw) are redeemable on Steam.

Who is actually interested in these games and doesn't have them? I'd like them to come forward and participate. Everyone is free to participate and play, but let people who want these games keep them.

Thanks Dacvak

Indie Bundle: XII
75649479419729768711343011259tCYi0n9lgGRRs5sAM2NE.JPG

Something for everyone. Like puzzles, racers, retro shooters, or plat-formers this bundle is for you.

Audiosurf is an amazing racer/puzzle/rythem game. Tracks are made based on your selection. Many different molds. Each song creates a new track, compete against others scores.

Beat Hazard: Asteroid shooter where what happens depends on the music. Faster the music the more powerful you are. Ups and downs effect yoru level. So much re-playability. I can't stand it for more then 10 minutes at a time due to the neon lights everywhere; however, I have many friends that can play this all night. Still it's fun and re-playability is amazing.

Nimbus: Fun puzzle game, save the female blimp! And this time your female is not in another castle.

Bastion: Great narration, it's fun to play this action/rpg. It's also fun to try to get the narrator to make a mistake, it's almost painfully hard to accomplish, but so worth it. :p

Psychonauts: Pure platforming goodness.

NOTE: All can be played with a 360 controller. :p

leng jai

Alright bought Burnout a few days ago. Haven't been able to play at all because it keeps saying couldn't contact key server. What the?

DukeBobby

Well, that's the end of my first Steam Sale. Total damage is £98.92. That is nearly £50 over budget. Oh well, at least I have plenty of games that I will never play.

LuuKyK

I am so close to buying Just Cause 2. t_t

But i don't want to spend more money, and I am waiting to see if Alan Wake wins the community choice. What to do?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Everyone is recommending Tobe, but when I played the demo it seemed pretty clunky and bad. Am I missing something?

GAF has a tendency of treating bad indie games like they're the best thing ever.

eldoon

I wish there was some sort of challenges in this sale even for tickets like last summer sale , it game more of a reason to buy and play new games .

Damage wise - only

Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete

Was going to get arma 2 but then told not to because dayz may go stand alone in September.

Name the 13 GAFers that posted in this thread'

Easiest way to play: (Some may know about this, some may not, for the sake of preventing "An Advantage")

Everyone go outside this thread in the main Gaming page, click on the number under "Replies" as shown in the screen grab below.

AdYWD.png

Once the thin verticle browser window opens press "Ctrl" + F on the browser window to bring up the Search Box and search for the GAFers name in the list by simply using what you see in the photos below as clues.

52Rmv.png

The post with the pics to follow..

Is SPAZ worth it? It reminds me of the old Escape Velocity games for Mac.

I am so close to buying Just Cause 2. t_t

But i don't want to spend more money, and I am waiting to see if Alan Wake wins the community choice. What to do?

Buy Just Cause 2 if you have a 360 controller for your PC. It really is worth it, I got hundreds of hours of fun out of it, it is an amazing game.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Well.... Here's my haul. Probably done (but maybe not).

Arma II: Combined Operations (NA)
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Red Orchestra 2 (ROW)
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Saints Row: The Third
Dungeon Defenders
Sanctum
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
Europa Universalis III: Complete
Civilization V
L.A. Noire Complete Edition
The Witcher 2
Toy Soldiers
The Binding Of Isaac

$102.85

Not too shabby!

Rorschach

I deleted it for that reason! :p

No, you're not. It's quite bad. I only have it because I got it as part of an Indie Royale.

Everyone is recommending Tobe, but when I played the demo it seemed pretty clunky and bad. Am I missing something?

It is cheap. It kind of sucks.

Don't waste the money like I did.

Where were you guys when Jarosh convinced us to buy it? :(

Guess I'll end the sale with a couple doublefine games. I can't say no to Tim!

I do have a 360 controller, but I never connected it to the PC, do I need something extra to do that?

No. The game automatically maps and recognizes it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
My name is way too on the nose to use :(.

Top Bottom