• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

LuffyZoro

52Rmv.png

Haha, first name.

Grinchy

Banned
I do have a 360 controller, but I never connected it to the PC, do I need something extra to do that?

Well, that's hard. x_x

I think you just need a USB controller and you should be fine. On a side note, I find that while JC2 plays really well with a controller, the keyboard is much easier for driving.

Name the 13 GAFers that posted in this thread'

Easiest way to play: (Some may know about this, some may not, for the sake of preventing "An Advantage")

Everyone go outside this thread in the main Gaming page, click on the number under "Replies" as shown in the screen grab below.

AdYWD.png

Once the thin verticle browser window opens press "Ctrl" + F on the browser window to bring up the Search Box and search for the GAFers name in the list by simply using what you see in the photos below as clues.

52Rmv.png

The post with the pics to follow..
Question Jhonny:

Hpw can i put the page in that color? All the white hurt my eyes.

oipic

Somehow missed GalCiv II (again!), so I think my sale is officially over (I have a badge!). Damage:

- Trine 2
- Legend of Grimrock
- Alan Wake bundle
- Hitman Blood Money
- Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
- Deus Ex Human Revolution + The Missing Link DLC
- Shift 2 Unleashed

Should keep me busy for a long while.

~$40 (Australian), I think, a bit over my budget, but it's GAMES, yo. Alan Wake was an unexpected thing, but the rest were ticked off my wishlist.

Huh, what's that? A last-day, hidden gems thread? I dare not look... Curse you, Salsa.

Do a Portal one!

Edit: Oh god this looked so much smaller in notepad.

Just for you Steel:

Chell walked into yet another cold, basic test chamber. Must have been the thousanth by now. She had lost count long ago.

"This test chamber has never been beaten... well by anyone without a brain. You probably won't be able to do it. In the records I put you in with the brainless subjects so statistically, you'll just fail." It was the same computer voice that has followed her all the way through this hell echoing through the speakers one more time.

Chell sat on the ground finally completely discouraged. There was no point to continuing. There must be an infinite amount of these rooms. She had seen the computer shuffling them around, she could just make more on the fly! Why bother with anymore of this?

"Oh has your will finally broken? A little later than expected, but no matter. Oh and we no longer have any clean up robots... you destroyed them all. So please if you will, just throw yourself in that acid pit over there."

Chell just sat. Silent. She was so tired. There was almost nothing that could make her continue.

All of a sudden though one of the floor tiles near her raised up and moved out of the way. "I guess you have deserved some rest and relaxation. I understand some humans need some... stimulation... every once and a while." A smaller, thinner turret, about the 10 inches long and the width of a broomstick, raised out of the hole. "Why hello there." it said in a strange varient of the normal turret voice. It was... happier... raspier... sexier.

It had been so long for Chell. Here she was, with this thin and long... apparetus.

The computer voice continued "I'm flooding the room with nerve gas. No wait, it's not nerve gas. It's pheromones. They're right next to each other, easy to get confused."

Chell was quickly overcome with all sorts of emotions. Flustered and she could barely control herself.

"Come on! Come on! You know you want to!"

She did want to. That was true. Damn that computer. She's forcing me into this. But it would feel so good. She starts imagining it. What she can start doing with that turret. Her hands slowly make their way down. She starts unfastening the bottom half of her jumpsuit. She grabs the small turret with her other hand.

"Oh yeah! This is going to be as good for you as it will for me?"

She isn't even listening to it anymore. How could she? Overcome by all these emotions. She sweats and starts breathing heavily as she slowly moves the machine downwards.

"Oh is that what it looks like... Never seen one of those before... Oh god."

-------

That was the first test chamber Chell actually liked.

Herb

Banned
Completed 2 out of the 11 games I bought.

-Lara Croft: Guardian of the Light. Great great game. Wish I bought the DLC to go with it, but even it's discounted price now I'm not going to bother.

-Crysis 2 good game, I think some of the missions could have been better and the story was meh, but had a lot of fun during it and I believe Crytek are right in saying they're already doing everything UE4 can do (and more).

3 of those 11 I don't plan on completing; NFS Hot Pursuit - only playing it for online/casual race now and then and Secret of the Magic Crystals (for obvious reasons). Also bought Payday: the Heist but you can't complete that game.

So 7 games to go. Not bad.

LuuKyK

I think you just need a USB controller and you should be fine. On a side note, I find that while JC2 plays really well with a controller, the keyboard is much easier for driving.

But it's a wireless controller. :X

Oh well, anyway, I think I will wait for Alan Wake.

Edit:

No if you are using a wired controller. Yes, you will an accessory if you are using a wireless controller.

Ohhh, sorry didn't see your post. Thanks for the help. :)

gabbo

Be the First to List all 13 usernames spelled correctly and win he Humble Frozenbyte Bundle, which includes:

Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor, Trine, Jack Claw, and a preorder for a game called "Splot". All of them (except Jack Claw) are redeemable on Steam.

Let's give people who didn't get a chance to win or buy and own many games during this sale a chance to win on this one.

Thanks Dacvak

Nws4R.jpg

Rebel Leader, Napoleonthechimp, soundman, joe molotov, joe zombie, code blue, videoman, Roaddogg, graywolf323, dot, AppleMix, unsure about the the black and white angry guy?

ShaneB

Man this thread has been hard to follow, so many contests, people posting their hauls, it's all too much!
KuGsj.gif

hopefully I'm done... staying up to see what the 3 flash deals are. Out of my 100$ steam Wallet budget, I'm down to 3.57. I'm hoping I'm not tempted to add any more funds.

I just played Walking Dead episode 1, it was damn awesome, but it definitely doesn't make resisting Arma2/Day Z any easier. lol

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Sheesh, I thought Tobe was pretty okay. Surprised by the hate.

Finally bought everything I assumed wouldn't get a flash deal or community vote. Now I officially own more Steam games than PS2 games, according to backloggery.

Alright GAF a promise is a promise. I gonna choose two ppl who will get a free game. Lets see....

Choose a number between 1 and 10 ...the first two ppl to guess the right number wins a free game under 5 bucks of their choice.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Alright GAF a promise is a promise. I gonna choose two ppl who will get a free game. Lets see....

Choose a number between 1 and 10 ...the first two ppl to guess the right number wins a free game under 5 bucks of their choice.

Top Bottom