• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Kwixotik

Alright, so since my friend was kind enough to give me a $50 Steam card as a late birthday present, I'll gift another game to someone. This time I'll do a $10 maximum game of their choice. If you want, you can also get 4 $2.50 games or 2 $5 games.

I'm too lazy to think of a contest so just do what we did earlier today and quote this to enter. I'll pick a winner around 10PM PST (1 hours and 36 minutes from now) to give people who are probably asleep in other parts of the world a chance to enter.

Quoting! Thanks for the generosity.

dani_dc

Alright, so since my friend was kind enough to give me a $50 Steam card as a late birthday present, I'll gift another game to someone. This time I'll do a $10 maximum game of their choice. If you want, you can also get 4 $2.50 games or 2 $5 games.

I'm too lazy to think of a contest so just do what we did earlier today and quote this to enter. I'll pick a winner around 10PM PST (1 hours and 36 minutes from now) to give people who are probably asleep in other parts of the world a chance to enter.

Many thanks for running two contests!

dot

As a thanks SteamGAF, here's a popular conversation subject as a thanks for the fun!

Please enter only if you are going to play the game.

I just want people to have fun, so what does that mean? Fanfiction! To enter, all you have to do is write a short piece of fanfiction, 1 or 2 paragraphs is good, but feel free to go longer. Please keep it gaming related and know content does not matter! I know some people need time to get their creative juices flowing, so the contest ends at 1:30 EST(2 hours, give or take) and I'll choose my favorite. Got it?

lol i'd join this but i'm terrible at creating stories. I can't write at all. It'll be fun to read the entries though.

Prophane33

Entering!

I'm so in.

Ultimadrago

Cool. I'll enter.

maesterxen

Neo Member

There is going to be so many pages of quotes :p

Petrie

Banned

Woot!

Katoki

Oh you're going to have fun copying names down.

Cth

Nice offer and great thinking about the people in other time zones!

Thank you :)

As a thanks SteamGAF, here's a popular conversation subject as a thanks for the fun!

I just want people to have fun, so what does that mean? Fanfiction! To enter, all you have to do is write a short piece of fanfiction, 1 or 2 paragraphs is good, but feel free to go longer. Please keep it gaming related and know content does not matter! I know some people need time to get their creative juices flowing, so the contest ends at 1:30 EST(2 hours, give or take) and I'll choose my favorite. Quote with your entry. :p Got it?

I'll just put it here again to be in your rules and quote it. I might write another one (for shits) and in that case I'll just make that one the entry and this one will be edited I 'spose.

Chell walked into yet another cold, basic test chamber. Must have been the thousanth by now. She had lost count long ago.

"This test chamber has never been beaten... well by anyone without a brain. You probably won't be able to do it. In the records I put you in with the brainless subjects so statistically, you'll just fail." It was the same computer voice that has followed her all the way through this hell echoing through the speakers one more time.

Chell sat on the ground finally completely discouraged. There was no point to continuing. There must be an infinite amount of these rooms. She had seen the computer shuffling them around, she could just make more on the fly! Why bother with anymore of this?

"Oh has your will finally broken? A little later than expected, but no matter. Oh and we no longer have any clean up robots... you destroyed them all. So please if you will, just throw yourself in that acid pit over there."

Chell just sat. Silent. She was so tired. There was almost nothing that could make her continue.

All of a sudden though one of the floor tiles near her raised up and moved out of the way. "I guess you have deserved some rest and relaxation. I understand some humans need some... stimulation... every once and a while." A smaller, thinner turret, about the 10 inches long and the width of a broomstick, raised out of the hole. "Why hello there." it said in a strange varient of the normal turret voice. It was... happier... raspier... sexier.

It had been so long for Chell. Here she was, with this thin and long... apparetus.

The computer voice continued "I'm flooding the room with nerve gas. No wait, it's not nerve gas. It's pheromones. They're right next to each other, easy to get confused."

Chell was quickly overcome with all sorts of emotions. Flustered and she could barely control herself.

"Come on! Come on! You know you want to!"

She did want to. That was true. Damn that computer. She's forcing me into this. But it would feel so good. She starts imagining it. What she can start doing with that turret. Her hands slowly make their way down. She starts unfastening the bottom half of her jumpsuit. She grabs the small turret with her other hand.

"Oh yeah! This is going to be as good for you as it will for me?"

She isn't even listening to it anymore. How could she? Overcome by all these emotions. She sweats and starts breathing heavily as she slowly moves the machine downwards.

"Oh is that what it looks like... Never seen one of those before... Oh god."

-------

That was the first test chamber Chell actually liked.

evilhomer

Quoting!

You are awesome sir

MadeWell

yes

Grinchy

Banned

Boom!

Thanks for the chance! Very generous of you. :D

Why not?

vocab

Quoting.

Smash88

Banned

I'd like to enter. Thanks for doing this.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.

Poor Toki, you do realise how many pages you're going to have to go through, or are you just going to click on a random page number and pick someone out of a hat?

PS: I am not quoting to enter, I'm sure there are other people more deserving.

ImRight

I guess ill join all the cool kids, and Quote :D

Good man, Toki.

yoshizzle

hiya

Quotable quotables!

Might as well.

Piano

Banned

Quoted! Thanks for your generosity :)

Edgeward

Cool, thanks!

Fireblend

Banned

I just want people to have fun, so what does that mean? Fanfiction! To enter, all you have to do is write a short piece of fanfiction, 1 or 2 paragraphs is good, but feel free to go longer. Please keep it gaming related and know content does not matter! I know some people need time to get their creative juices flowing, so the contest ends at 1:30 EST(2 hours, give or take) and I'll choose my favorite. Quote with your entry. :p Got it?

Here's my submission. I suck at a story telling, but I always wanted to try this:

Kid's not one for sentimentality, but ever since we left the Bastion, there ain't been many cheery sights, and this one brings 'im to 'is knees.
A single flower, growing by the side of a lonely river. Not any flower though, there've been plenty of those on our travels. The kid recognizes it, a rarity in Caledonia, even before the Calamity; the Blue Lilean. Folks would use it for courting on the old days, I myself got one back then, after many moons of work at the mines.

Kid looks at the flower, then at Zia, who's been fixing the roof of our makeshift airship. Kid thinks long and hard, but after a while, he stands up. Figures if there's ever gonna be a world worth living in, there's no reason for priving it of pretty flowers for now. Plus, there's more things to worry about. He walks towards the ship, as Zulf calls for us; darkened clouds are getting near. Way I see it, we're in for a long night.

Top Bottom