• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

itschris

Alright, so since my friend was kind enough to give me a $50 Steam card as a late birthday present, I'll gift another game to someone. This time I'll do a $10 maximum game of their choice. If you want, you can also get 4 $2.50 games or 2 $5 games.

I'm too lazy to think of a contest so just do what we did earlier today and quote this to enter. I'll pick a winner around 10PM PST (1 hours and 36 minutes from now) to give people who are probably asleep in other parts of the world a chance to enter.

Cool, thanks for doing this!

njean777

Can anybody advise me which YS game would be the best for a new person to the series? I would assume origins, but I could be wrong....

Toki767

Poor Toki, you do realise how many pages you're going to have to go through, or are you just going to click on a random page number and pick someone out of a hat?

PS: I am not quoting to enter, I'm sure there are other people more deserving.

I'm copying all the names down on Notepad. I've gotten 80 names copied in 2 minutes or so so I don't imagine it'll be too bad. Plus practicing typing is always fun.

Alright, so since my friend was kind enough to give me a $50 Steam card as a late birthday present, I'll gift another game to someone. This time I'll do a $10 maximum game of their choice. If you want, you can also get 4 $2.50 games or 2 $5 games.

I'm too lazy to think of a contest so just do what we did earlier today and quote this to enter. I'll pick a winner around 10PM PST (1 hours and 36 minutes from now) to give people who are probably asleep in other parts of the world a chance to enter.

Heck, I'm in! Thanks for the contests.

Katoki

Here's my submission. I suck at a story telling, but I always wanted to try this:

Kid's not one for sentimentality, but ever since we left the Bastion, there ain't been many cheery sights, and this one brings 'im to 'is knees.
A single flower, growing by the side of a lonely river. Not any flower though, there've been plenty of those on our travels. The kid recognizes it, a rarity in Caledonia, even before the Calamity; the Blue Lilean. Folks would use it for courting on the old days, I myself got one back then, after many moons of work at the mines.

Kid looks at the flower, then at Zia, who's been fixing the roof of our makeshift airship. Kid thinks long and hard, but after a while, he stands up. Figures if there's ever gonna be a world worth living it, there's no reason for priving it of pretty flowers for now. Plus, there's more things to worry about. He walks towards the ship, as Zulf calls for us; darkened clouds are getting near. Way I see it, we're in for a long night.

Totally read with the voice. It's stuff like this where you can read it with the voice it was intended that's so awesome about it. Good luck with the contest or whatever it was bro.

Sianos

As a thanks SteamGAF, here's a popular conversation subject as a thanks for the fun!

Please enter only if you are going to play the game.

I just want people to have fun, so what does that mean? Fanfiction! To enter, all you have to do is write a short piece of fanfiction, 1 or 2 paragraphs is good, but feel free to go longer. Please keep it gaming related and know content does not matter! I know some people need time to get their creative juices flowing, so the contest ends at 1:30 EST(2 hours, give or take) and I'll choose my favorite. Quote with your entry. :p Got it?

I'll enter just for the hell of it.

WRITING HAT IS ON!

I'm in!

Relax.MX

seu-madruga-don-ramon-o.gif

Thanks!

Zoomacroom

Neo Member

Cool, thank you.

Card Boy

Banned
I want to trade my AC: Revelations TF2 items for 15bucks worth of Steam games. PM me, i posted in community but who even goes there?

kitzkozan

Quoting! :)

Goddam, I might buy some gift myself for the next steam sale as this is fun stuff.

AlexBasch

Let's see if I can win. :) Very kind of you!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

Ohh, I'm in!

Thanks!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Alright, GAF one last give away before I hit the sack.

This one is gonna be hard. First 2 ppl again and game under 5 bucks

From N64

mDkQu.gif

Peach Mountain Shoguns

Edit: Damn you guys are fast!

You rock!

DeS3InY

You're great! I'm in ^^

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I really shouldn't have downloaded the demo to Rayman Origins.

Holy crap it is so good. I recently bought Donkey Kong Country Returns and was so freaking disappointed with the controls that the overall experience (through 3 worlds) was not very positive. But man, Rayman Origins is great.

Ridiculously enticing demo. Now here is hoping there is one more daily sale so I can pick it up for the $15, or else I will just wait for a daily or Winter sale when it will probably be $7.50.

Quoting.

Milamber

Great!

wiOZs.jpg

xDEKOIx

Awesome! gl everyone

spk

:)

Top Bottom