• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Alright, so since my friend was kind enough to give me a $50 Steam card as a late birthday present, I'll gift another game to someone. This time I'll do a $10 maximum game of their choice. If you want, you can also get 4 $2.50 games or 2 $5 games.

I'm too lazy to think of a contest so just do what we did earlier today and quote this to enter. I'll pick a winner around 10PM PST (1 hours and 36 minutes from now) to give people who are probably asleep in other parts of the world a chance to enter.

4NO6ul.jpg

Crayons

Banned
I really shouldn't have downloaded the demo to Rayman Origins.

Holy crap it is so good. I recently bought Donkey Kong Country Returns and was so freaking disappointed with the controls that the overall experience (through 3 worlds) was not very positive. But man, Rayman Origins is great.

Ridiculously enticing demo. Now here is hoping there is one more daily sale so I can pick it up for the $15, or else I will just wait for a daily or Winter sale when it will probably be $7.50.
For DKCR, If you have homebrew you can use the classic controller.

I've been meaning to buy Rayman Origins and I'm not sure if I should get it on Wii, Steam, or both. Probably both.

bigace33

Alright, so since my friend was kind enough to give me a $50 Steam card as a late birthday present, I'll gift another game to someone. This time I'll do a $10 maximum game of their choice. If you want, you can also get 4 $2.50 games or 2 $5 games.

I'm too lazy to think of a contest so just do what we did earlier today and quote this to enter. I'll pick a winner around 10PM PST (1 hours and 36 minutes from now) to give people who are probably asleep in other parts of the world a chance to enter.

I'm in again

wilflare

quoting.
thanks for the generosity :D

colinp

Banned

Woo!

I've been meaning to buy Rayman Origins and I'm not sure if I should get it on Wii, Steam, or both. Probably both.

If you want to get it on Wii, too, that's up to you, but if it's down to one, I personally prefer to avoid games for the Wii unless it's exclusive to it, but I have a TV hooked up to my PC.

tumblr_ljxz29yugF1qe4ivm.gif

Thanks for doing this!

xJavonta

Banned

Not sure if this is still going on or not

Salsa

kewl :)

Quoting, thank you for the generosity. May the... best quoter win!

ggnoobIGN

Banned

In

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I don't have homebrew on it or anything, but I think that is the only way I will be able to enjoy that game. I just don't know if it is worth the effort at this point.

Edit: And Steam seems like the absolute way to go with Rayman. I mean, 1080p, come on.

Xyber

That is awesome of you, count me in!

AnnHog

Awesome :)

Fou-Lu

You are going to have a lot of people to randomize bro. Might as well just say I won to save you the trouble. :p (Thanks for being awesome!)

Cth

As a thanks SteamGAF, here's a popular conversation subject as a thanks for the fun!

Please enter only if you are going to play the game.

I just want people to have fun, so what does that mean? Fanfiction! To enter, all you have to do is write a short piece of fanfiction, 1 or 2 paragraphs is good, but feel free to go longer. Please keep it gaming related and know content does not matter! I know some people need time to get their creative juices flowing, so the contest ends at 1:30 EST(2 hours, give or take) and I'll choose my favorite. Quote with your entry. :p Got it?

War.

War never changes.

For as long as anyone could remember both sides had been locked in combat with no end in sight.

Lone warriors stared across the empty nothingness at one another, waiting for the other to make their move. With troop levels at their lowest ever, each warrior knew they were the last line of defense.

And then suddenly, without warning, one side fired a fast moving projectile towards the opposing camp.

And thus, the cycle began anew.

Knowing that a single mistake would be costly, the lone warrior threw himself in front of the projectile, hoping to prevent it from entering the camp.

And to his surprise the projectile flew away back towards his mortal enemy.

Was it fate?

Pvt. Addle gazed across the empty wasteland.

The Kingdom of P'Ong would survive another day.

Crayons

Banned
If you want to get it on Wii, too, that's up to you, but if it's down to one, I personally prefer to avoid games for the Wii unless it's exclusive to it, but I have a TV hooked up to my PC.

I don't. I have a feeling doing that would piss of my family. I have yet to buy a PS3 or 360 so I have a huge Wii collection of about 75 games.

I don't have homebrew on it or anything, but I think that is the only way I will be able to enjoy that game. I just don't know if it is worth the effort at this point.

Edit: And Steam seems like the absolute way to go with Rayman. I mean, 1080p, come on.

True, 1080p is awesome. But I don't get that comfy couch feeling. Got a lousy chair here that hurts my bottom. Plus, I don't even have a controller.

As for the homebrew, if you ever decide you want to give it a go, you can always PM me if you need help homebrewing it.

Oh wow. Good thing I, slept all day, didn't do my class work, so now I'm keeping myself awake by eating chocolate cake and chugging this huge thing of ginger ale, so I can see this post on GAF

if I win, I'd be ever so gracious and I'll pay it forward for sure

bowtie-kitty.jpg

...please? :)

Soundman

Neo Member

A true bro!

Indie Bundle XII contest Results.
First off big thanks to everyone who put together a bundle, was cool to see the different reasons you guys put certain games together.

First, just for fun, I tallied all 11 entries to see the gaf hivemind in action.
5 votes
Tobe's Vertical Adventure.

3 votes
Cargo - The quest for gravity.
Costume Quest
Psychonauts
Sequence
VVVVVV
Wizorb

2 votes
Bastion
Cave Story +
Jamestown
Noitu Love 2 Devolution
Stacking
SPAZ
Terraria

1 vote
Adventures of Shuggy
And Yet it Moves
Anomaly: Warzone
Audiosurf
Beat Hazard
Dungeons of Dredmor
Legend of Grimrock
Lone Survivor
Nation Red
Nimbus
Offspring Fling!
PixelJunk Eden
Project Freedom
RUSH
Scary Girl.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
The Dream Machine.
Waves

Now for our individual winner... Fireblend!
ik2jF.png

Sequence: Starting with an oddball, sequence is a quirky (some might argue that it's a bit too quirky) rhythm/fantasy/err... RPG-ish? game. You'll find yourself in something that looks like a dungeon crawler, casting spells, defending from attacks and doing some yourself... with rhythm-based mechanics. These are amazingly solid and the game's strongest point, with the visuals and the music being about good enough to keep you entertained.

Rush: Wait... this one is $1.69?!?! Buy this. Now! If you've ever been a fan of puzzle games (and in particular of Chu Chu Rocket!), this is an absolute hair-pulling must buy. If you're familiar with Chu Chu Rocket, then this is it. In 3D environments. If I haven't blown your mind yet then it's because you have no idea what I'm talking about, as a self-respecting CCR fan should have stopped reading about 10 seconds ago and bought it. Basically, you use tiles which you can place on the ground to guide moving cubes into portals, while preventing them from falling off the stage and suffering other similar fates. Sounds easy? Hah. The visuals are great, the controls are great (which are mostly camera-related; trust me, you'll need them) and the music's pretty solid. Good amount of levels, as well, and some of the later ones can get extremely difficult.

Waves: It might just be me, but I'm an absolute fan of twin-stick shooters. With that said, until 2 days ago I didn't own one single game of the genre on Steam, and I'm glad to say I have fixed that mistake in the most awesome way possible and that's by buying Waves. Just check out the video on its store page and tell me you're not compelled to buy it with a straight face. Awesome visuals, addictive gameplay mechanics (you can slow down time?! holy shit), perfect music and a difficulty level made to take you from beginner to hard-core all-nighter twinstick shooting raging player. I've been playing this with an old PS2 controller connected to my PC through a USB adapter, and it's finally helped me make up my mind and just go ahead and get a 360 pad.

PixelJunk Eden: This one needs no introduction. Although it's not a rhythm game per-se, the musical effort that's gone into this game really makes it shine, and the weird swinging mechanics (which might take some time to get used to) along with the weird high-contrast visuals makes this a game worth checking out. At first you might get the feeling that it's a sort of empty mechanics game, with no other purpose other than collecting shiny stuff in each stage, which you'll soon be glad to find is a pretty erroneous perception.

Anomaly: Warzone Earth: Anomaly was featured already in the Indie Bundle I, but I think it's easily among the best games featured throughout the whole sale. It's a take on the strategy/tower defense genre unlike any other, with amazing visuals (I was first introduced to this game through it's Android version which already looked fantastic, but on the PC the game's visuals are easily breathtaking), balanced gameplay, great level/mechanics progression, a cliche'd but nonetheless effective story and decent music. Definitely one of the games I've enjoyed the most in the past few months, and one I've gifted several times to friends who now have joined me in enjoying the awesomeness that is this game. Do check it out.
Why I liked this entry best:
  • Avoided the "big" indie games that have been in countless bundles.
  • Only chose games he already owned, providing detailed personal reccomendations.
  • Listed sequence for reasons other than it being made by a gaffer
  • No Tobe's Vertical Adventure. That game is not very good.

So congrats Fireblend, pm me your steam ID!

Tobe

LETS GOOOOO

biocat

Gracias mi amigo.

Is it possible to transfer a cd-key to another account? I remembered I had a physical copy of Half-Life 2 back home that I purchased at launch. I called home and was able to grab the serial key and login information that I wrote inside the cd cover, but I can only play it via logging into that account. It's incredibly annoying. I created that account in Jan 2005 and forgot about it when I'd moved several times since then. :S The account is licensed for Half-Life 2, Deathmatch, Lost Coast, Half-Life Deathmatch, Source, Counter-Strike Source and Source Beta, but I cannot access them on my now current account.

LProtag

Rad. Thanks man.

Haven't purchased anything this sale , thinking about bioshock 2 though.
Me too, would anyone be interested in a 4 pack? I'm only buying it to play Minerva's Den.
Can't decide if it's worth it. Might be a good Winter sale game, they might even go cheaper to build hype for Infinite.

I've never played an Assassin's Creed game, besides the first 20 minutes of 2 (which I didn't love). If I got one which should it be? I have an interest in climbing shit Crackdown style, and puzzles more than anything.

Jobacca

Neo Member

Hope I win!

Put me in coach!

LProtag

Oh man, repeat flash deals... if Shogun 2 goes up again I'm going to be angry because I bought some of it at 40% off think there would be no way it would come back. Mannnnnn.

hit meh

Fingers crossed.

Dear Toki,
Next time ask for PMs.
Yours truly,
The Wizard.

I would like to join the party in my dreams

• Only chose games he already owned, providing detailed personal reccomendations.
    [*]No Tobe's Vertical Adventure. That game is not very good.

What? I was mislead!

Koroviev

The first five people who quote me will each have a chance to win a copy of Counter Strike. The person with the avatar that I most prefer wins. If you quote me but don't have an avatar, then I will give you a chance to pick one before deciding on a winner :)

So many quotes. I'm in.

Milamber

Is it possible to transfer a cd-key to another account? I remembered I had a physical copy of Half-Life 2 back home that I purchased at launch. I called home and was able to grab the serial key and login information that I wrote inside the cd cover, but I can only play it via logging into that account. It's incredibly annoying. I created that account in Jan 2005 and forgot about it when I'd moved several times since then. :S The account is licensed for Half-Life 2, Deathmatch, Lost Coast, Half-Life Deathmatch, Source, Counter-Strike Source and Source Beta, but I cannot access them on my now current account.

Nope, it's stuck on that account forever.

Fireblend

Banned
Indie Bundle XII contest Results.
First off big thanks to everyone who put together a bundle, was cool to see the different reasons you guys put certain games together.

Now for our individual winner... Fireblend!

Why I liked this entry best:
  • No Tobe's Vertical Adventure. That game is not very good.

Woohoo! Shall do :D

Wait, Sequence was made by a gaffer? :O

Top Bottom