• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Razek

Banned
Here are some GAF impressions:

Wow, thanks for compiling that. It seems most of those are related to control. I wondered how stiff it would be as another member mentioned in his detailed review it wasn't the best. Eh, I think with that I'll call it a quits on the sale.

LProtag

If I buy Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai now it'll only be 3 more than when it was on a daily and I missed it... that's not bad, right?

ImRight

What a long, strange trip it's been, filled with lots of colors in boxes with numbers. I'm almost sad that it's going to be over soon.

Almost?

Im already having Daily Deal withdrawals and my last fix was only an hour or so ago :-/

Katoki

Congrats to those who made it through their 1st steam sale.

Be thankful that it was this one and not the others. You haven't learned about temptation when you don't have 50 shit games with daily challenges staring you in the face, your mind telling you that "this achievement will finally be the one that gives me my entire wishlist for free or the entire steam catalog" or "this present will be the one that gives me some huge game like Skyrim for free!".

I had this dream that people were redeeming games from the summer sale badges somehow. It made no sense.

Ultimadrago

Congrats to those who made it through their 1st steam sale.

Be thankful that it was this one and not the others. You haven't learned about temptation when you don't have 50 shit games with daily challenges staring you in the face, your mind telling you that "this achievement will finally be the one that gives me my entire wishlist for free or the entire steam catalog" or "this present will be the one that gives me some huge game like Skyrim for free!".

It was a rough ride on my wallet, but it was fun to go through with others!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's a scary thought. He'd probably video himself snipping a ball, or something. "BUY IT NOW OR THE OTHER ONE GOES, TOO."
I might do something even worse!

randomkid

So today's the last day? Time to pick up Audiosurf I suppose.

Steamgamesales.com is a terrible thing though. I really didn't need to know that Sega Classics Pack 4 was $1.87 nine months ago. $1.87 for TEN great games, jesus christ. I don't care what you say GAF, DEVALUED DEVALUED, I'm sitting here hesitating because $4.50 seems pricy now haha. Is the emulation terrible or something? I'm just itching to try out Landstalker for some reason.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Here's my score.

• Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
  • Fable The Lost Chapters
  • Arma II: Combined Operations (NA)
  • Far Cry Complete
  • Dungeon Defenders 4-Pack
  • Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
  • Nexuiz - Dual Mode DLC
  • Nexuiz - Four Pack
  • Chrome + Chrome: Specforce
  • PixelJunk Eden
  • Thief Bundle 2012
  • Crash Time III
  • Time Gentlemen, Please!
  • Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
  • Dead Space 2
  • Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
  • Railworks 3: TS2012 - Trains vs Zombies DLC
  • Railworks 3 - Haulin' USA Pack
  • Stacking
  • Limbo
  • Grand Theft Auto IV (US/AU)
  • Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
  • Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
  • Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within
  • Prince of Persia
  • Vessel
  • Bastion
  • Qube
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • Saints Row: The Third - Maximum Pleasure Pack
  • Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
  • Darkness II (ROW) - Four Pack
  • Dead Island (NA)
  • Frozen Synapse
  • Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
  • Payday: The Heist Gift

Pretty happy with that. I honestly have no idea how much I've spent, though. If I had to make a guess, I'd say a little over $100? Between $100 and $150? No more than $150, though.

Derrick01

Banned
I had this dream that people were redeeming games from the summer sale badges somehow. It made no sense.

I expected something like that when badges were introduced right before the sale but they just didn't make enough to implement a system like that. I was very disappointed this sale didn't have a system like the last few, flash deals do nothing for me. Since I only had $40 for this sale I was more excited for the achievement challenge than the actual sale.

Katoki

Galactic Civilizations II grabs me only in the fact that you can design your own ships. I don't give a crap about the strategy part. I'm so conflicted.

Dizzy-4U

Is Blades of Time any good? I'd written it off just because it's the spiritual successor to X-Blades.
Pretty standard b-action game. It has some interesting mechanics like time rewind and multiple clones of yourself.

It's not that great of a game, but million times better than X-Blades.

mxgt

Banned
capture3exx4.jpg

£50.24

Wanted to set myself a £50 limit, so I did good.

Carlisle

Ugggghhhh man

Total damage this sale is my worst ever. $121.24 on Steam games and DLC for myself alone. Seems a lot but that's over 30 games for the price of two new releases! Still hurts though :(

Then another $13 or so in gifts for buddies, and another $95 on Amazon, PSN, & XBLA.

$228.70 on video games this summer.

Here's my final count:

Binding of Isaac DLC: $1.49
Crusader Kings + DLC: $21
Saints Row The Third Franchise Pack: $24.99
Darksiders: $4.99
Trine 2: $3.74
Warhammer 40k Space Marine: $7.49
Max Payne 3: $29.99
Indie Bundle II: $9.99
Bejeweled 3: $4.99
Alan Wake Franchise: $9.99
Tropico 4 Bundle: $16.22
The Witcher 2: $15.99
Renegade Ops: $3.74
The Walking Dead: $14.99
Prince of Persia '08: $2.49
Dead Space 2: $4.99
Fallout New Vegas - Honest Hearts, Lonesome Road, & Old World Blues: $7.47
Cave Story+: $2.49
Double Fine Bundle: $7.49
Just Cause 2: $3.74
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit: $4.99
Bit.Trip Runner: $2.49
Thief Bundle: $6.74
Fallout 3 GOTY: $4.99
Driver: San Francisco: $7.49
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box: $3.99
Far Cry 2: $2.49
Bulletstorm: $4.99

For a total of $236.44.

But I prefer to think of it this way: I saved $554.33, plus whatever I wound up saving on that indie bundle. I think I won this sale.

Katoki

Wait, we're not guaranteed for a recap day so am I supposed to unload the rest of my Steam wallet today? Serves me right for never paying attention to things.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think I'll hold out until the last minute to get Portal 2 unless something I really want shows up in the flash deals.

I was thinking about it but I just couldn't get into Portal 1, so I probably wouldn't like it.

Still debating between Ys Origin and Lego Batman 2.

Morris

Disco Devil
Damage:

Witcher Enhanced Edition
Ys Origin
Ys Oath in Felghana

$20~

That's actually more than I was planning to spend lol. I still want Portal 2 ugh.

Can't wait for the Winter sale since I'll actually have some money to waste. This sale was pretty fun to follow on GAF also.

Xander51

Is Blades of Time any good? I'd written it off just because it's the spiritual successor to X-Blades.

It is significantly better than X-Blades. The combat system is great fun, the time control stuff is crazy and very PB Winterbottom, and the difficulty feels like it's actually balanced. I loathed X-blades but found Blades of Time to be a fun romp.

Since this is the last day, and I don't forsee myself getting any more games from the sale, here is my haul:

Fable The Lost Chapters - $2.49
Batman Arkham City Franchise bundle - $24.99
FEAR 3 - $4.99
Krater CE - $9.99
LA Noire Complete - $7.49
Shoot Many Robots - $2.49
Dead Rising 2 Off the Record - $9.99
Saint's Row the Third Franchise pack - $24.99
Payday: The Heist (Four pack) - $14.99
Binding of Isaac Bundle - $2.23
Trine 2 - $3.74

PLUS
Krater CE (gifted to) - $9.99
Alan Wake Franchise (gifted from) $0

So the total is:

$118.37

D:

To you guys who finished their first Steam sale:

You have much to learn young ones, mainly how to spend even MORE money on games you'll never get around to playing ;)

:( God i hate you Gabe ( it's one of those love-hate relationships of course)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Just calculated it. Yep, I spent a little under $150. Bought about 40 games.

That's roughly $3.5 per game. Pretty freaking awesome.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:( I give up. For an hour, I've been trying to set my camera up for a Gift-Contest but without success... now I'm all frustrated and sweaty ._. brb.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
She said she enjoys RPG's, games like Portal where you have to figure things out.. I'll inform her of these later. I feel she may like Stacking since she has liked Tim Schafer's other stuff.

I second the recommendation of "Stacking." My wife loved it.

Cth

Woo hoo!

uv3UP.png

Damage: $10.00 (Gary's Mod + Universe Sandbox)

Once I finish school and get a job I'll probably end up with a higher total :D

Top Bottom