• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

dot

Alright, so out of 126 entries.

The first place winner for $10 worth of Steam stuff is #12, dot.

In second place for $7.50 worth of stuff is #99, SalsaShark.

dot can PM me your Steam ID and what game(s) you want

SalsaShark can PM Beast Legacy your Steam and tell him what games you want

Thanks everyone for playing. I'll do this again for Winter probably. Gifting's always fun.

Woah. o.o Didn't think i'd win.

I have been blessed with good luck. I would like to thank Gaben and Lights. :D

It's nice that these big games are hitting the flash sales again. Just wish some of the ones people wanted the most would have been up a little earlier. Especially the Ys games, that and ARMA seemed to be the ones people wanted the most out of this sale and I think they were both only up on daliies once.

izoqLk1OGqJ82.PNG

I had to do it. Did I do it right, GAF? (Yes, I know it's cheaper in AUS but still. :p)

15 minutes!
As a thanks SteamGAF, here's a popular conversation subject as a thanks for the fun!

ibwm4fBwmTtnek.png

Please enter only if you are going to play the game.

I just want people to have fun, so what does that mean? Fanfiction! To enter, all you have to do is write a short piece of fanfiction, 1 or 2 paragraphs is good, but feel free to go longer. Please keep it gaming related and know content does not matter! I know some people need time to get their creative juices flowing, so the contest ends at 1:30 EST(2 hours, give or take) and I'll choose my favorite. Quote with your entry. :p Got it?

AlexBasch

Welp, guess I missed Portal 2 for good. Knowing the flash deals I had a small bit of hope expecting it would be there.

Now to see what wins the last community vote so I can spend my last ten dollars.

Toki767

The cat with the cherry is the clear winner. It's not even a contest.

Plus that purple dinosaur looks like Barney, except I don't think it is.

KarmaCow

You know what's worse? I haven't even played the game yet. In fact, I never ran even once it since I bought and downloaded it. So it's not like I had some fun this couple of days, which could somehow justify the price I paid.
Oh well, I can't complain though, 10 bucks for that game is still cheap.

I'm in the same position. Hell I probably wont even download it until next month because I've used a lot of bandwidth downloading other games.

The same thing happened with Vampire: The Masquerade last year. Bought it for ~$12 because it never went on sale before, a week after the sale it goes for $5 on a daily before I even had the chance to download it.

I wanna like open world games so bad, but they just don't keep my attention. GTA 3 couldn't, San Andreas, GTA 4, Saints Row 1... Just Cause 2 is but ONLY because of mods and only in small doses. Just something about open world games I don't find all that fun... Shit gets boring after like 2 hours.

If I purchase the franchise pack again, will it give me a giftable copy of the base game for my inventory? For $9.79 I want to give the base game to my Housemate and keep all the DLC for myself.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Am I seeing this right? Wasn't the Saints Row pack $24 earlier in the sale? What happened?
It was, no idea what happened, probably a mistake. Still pisses me off :mad:

aasoncott

As a thanks SteamGAF, here's a popular conversation subject as a thanks for the fun!

Please enter only if you are going to play the game.

I just want people to have fun, so what does that mean? Fanfiction! To enter, all you have to do is write a short piece of fanfiction, 1 or 2 paragraphs is good, but feel free to go longer. Please keep it gaming related and know content does not matter! I know some people need time to get their creative juices flowing, so the contest ends at 1:30 EST(2 hours, give or take) and I'll choose my favorite. Quote with your entry. :p Got it?

The trail of blood ended in the classroom. Here, it spattered and pooled, making the ground sticky under his feet. The faint smell of copper held in the air. For a moment, Greeve's head spun; juding from the amount of blood on the ground, it was doubtful the victim had left the room alive.

"Jesus," said his partner, entering the room behind him. "Watch your step. You're contaminating the scene."

He looked down at his feet. Absent-mindedly he had been stepping through the blood, leaving a trail of red footprints behind him. He turned around, looking for a way to undo his actions, but he knew that the scene had already been comprimised. "Do you honestly think they'll find anything anyway?"

His partner shrugged. "Maybe something will be different this time. Maybe he slipped up."

Greeves took another step into the room, again planting his feet firmly in a puddle of blood. His partner shot out a hand in protest, but it was dismissed with a glare. The first three crime scenes hadn't turned up even trace evidence -- there was no reason to believe that this one would be any different.

He stepped through the rows of desks, looking for anything odd, anything out of place. His head throbbed with the stench of blood. Four crime scenes, and he knew that once they tested the blood they'd find it belonged to a fourth victim, a victim they couldn't identify.

The most frustrating part of it for the detective, the thing that made this truly excruciating, is that so far the killer had been silent. He hadn't left a clue, a reason, a message. Greeves felt like the lack of evidence was purposeful. The killer wasn't just covering his tracks, he was mocking his ineptitude. But Greeves knew that this was a reflection of his own insecurity. In reality, the killer was probably just damn good.

"Greeves?" His partner called his name quietly.

Some of the blood spatter had landed on a nearby desk. He traced a finger through it. What did it matter anymore? This was a hopeless case. At this point, even if they caught the bastard it wouldn't be a happy ending.

"Greeves, look."

He ignored him. Looking at the blood on his finger, he could already fill out the forensic report himself. Male. Middle-aged. Unknown.

"Greeves, the walls."

Greeves looked up. He looked around at the walls of the classroom. He started to take in details, discarding them almost as quickly as the images were acquired. His eyes drifted along the wall, focusing on nothing.

But then, something. Something was off. His partner had sensed it, and now, he saw it too. A bloody hand-print. It was faint, but it was there. And another one. A trail of prints along the wall.

For a moment, his skin went cold. There was comfort in normalcy. Now, something had changed. A message had been left, and with that came the possibility of fresh new horrors. But then, something else started to stir inside him: a guilt-ridden thrill of the chase. A yearning for redemption, and for revenge.

"What does it mean?" his partner said.

Greeves walked to the wall, studying the hand-print. He paced the wall. There were four -- no, five -- prints total. At the end, a pair of scissors lay on the ground, the handles bloody.

"The murder weapon?" asked his partner.

"No, no blood on the blade. He was cutting something." Greeves paced back along the wall. The hand-prints were against cork-board, barely visible on the grain. But there were other things here, too. School assignments, on display. Whatever children had been in here the week prior were practicing their handwriting, alphabets repeated over and over on white pages. Greeves frowned; he didn't know handwriting was something they even taught in schools anymore.

Looking closer at one of the pages, Greeves muttered: "He took the Ys."

"Excuse me?"

He tore one of the sheets from the wall and held it up, tiny pinpricks of light shining through the holes. He turned back to the wall, tearing one sheet after another from the corkboard. Every paper was the same, the letter Y removed from the alphabets with surgical percision.

"The bastard cut the Ys out of every page," Greeves growled. "From every goddamn page."

"What does it mean?"

Greeves stopped. He looked down at the papers. A rush of memories threatened to overtake him, but he held strong. Now was not the time to reflect on the past. Now, there was only one way forward.

"It means," said Greeves, "that we know who the killer is. And it means that he is, indeed, mocking me."

KarmaCow

I was told the DLC is all cosmetic, did my friend lie to me. :-O

There are the three expansions and a few weapons, but yea most of it is cosmetic. I heard the Vampire dlc pack actually changes the neckbreaker move into a lame vampire bite, so maybe it's good that I didn't buy the complete pack.

Yea that's it, I didn't even want it anyway. *crosses arms*

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in the same position. Hell I probably wont even download it until next month because I've used a lot of bandwidth downloading other games.

The same thing happened with Vampire: The Masquerade last year. Bought it for ~$12 because it never went on sale before, a week after the sale it goes for $5 on a daily before I even had the chance to download it.
Wow, that really sucks! Both the bandwidth cap and the Masquerade thing. I just picked up NightSky, so I'm left with a useless $2.43 in my wallet. Not enough to get even the Oddworld pack, or anything :(

Sarcasm

How do you activate dragon age origins? Why do I need like 4 different accoutns for EA? How do I activate the DLC?

This is annoying..I supposedly entered both codes at site but I have no clue if it works ingame.

Giard

I'd like to get Saint's Row 3 at that price too, but I don't have a Paypal account... do you need one to pay the person back?

Top Bottom