• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

baconcow

My Saints Row the Third collection is showing up as $13.29 instead of $9.79. Am I missing something? Region North America here.

Miker

Bought the Saints Row 3 pack for $13.29 to keep in my inventory, but it's not showing up yet :(

I don't suppose anybody else did the same thing?

EDIT: Got it, never mind.

hitmon

whattheeff.jpg

/*cries

DAFUQ... YOU DOING TO ME GABEN? U OWE ME F'N $5 BRAH!

wow, i'm a bit jealous. 13.29 isn't too bad though.

Salsa

Heeeey, you just said "Money well wasted" just a while back!

What happened?

Weren't you getting high ping and gettinc d/c all the time?

did the good ol unplug -> plug again thing on my router and now I have acceptable ping (as in, it wont kick me), then this happened:

holy shit, man

just had the "yup this game is amazing" moment

was dying of thirst on the forest, couldnt get out, walking in circles. I have soooooooo much good loot that I was freaking out. Thirst starts flashing red. I go on with it flashing for easily 20 minutes.

See a town in the distance, head there, kill like 5 zombies on the way with my hatchet.

Start looting every house, no pepsi cans anywhere.

Finally, when everything was starting to blur and I was almost done for thirst, where do I find one: the church.

god almighty

Only if you're playing with a group of people, though, right?

im playing alone on the GAF server. Stakes are high.

game is pretty much looking like ass and framerate is all over the place between 40 and 60 for some reason, but the experience really lies somewhere else and still manages to shine through

Giard

I won't get SR3, I already have tons of games to play and I already spent like 60 bucks. I'll wait for the winter sale.

Dingotech

Australia. I bought it at $13.29 anyway, basically to support Volition with a little more money! :D

I'm the same actually, Australian but bought it for $13.29.

I mainly did it because I've got an unlocked account and only really want to buy from the US store going forward so they don't get pissed and block my account!

I'm done with this sale. Damage Report that I'm rather embarrassed of. Recieved Toki Tori and A.R.E.S. as a gift.

KUL1

KULt

KUM0

KUMu

KUN7

Ignoring the steam wallet funds, I came to a total of $175.18. I.... need more restraint. Think I'll lay off of buying games for a while.

And you can get the mod installed.

ARMA wont run keeps bitching about pixels or video or something when I start it in Steam so I can't get it running before putting the mod on :\
Oh, I've actually got it running. I just didn't enjoy it that much because it felt like a lot of running... It was only fun for me when I played as a bandit. Sucks to hear you can't get it installed, though. I'm sure someone on the internet must have a solution.

As a thanks SteamGAF, here's a popular conversation subject as a thanks for the fun!

Please enter only if you are going to play the game.

I just want people to have fun, so what does that mean? Fanfiction! To enter, all you have to do is write a short piece of fanfiction, 1 or 2 paragraphs is good, but feel free to go longer. Please keep it gaming related and know content does not matter! I know some people need time to get their creative juices flowing, so the contest ends at 1:30 EST(2 hours, give or take) and I'll choose my favorite. Quote with your entry. :p Got it?

Snake muttered beneath the icy air; "Maybe if I surprised him..."

He had been steadfastly following his newest threat, a threat that made his previous bouts with Metal Gear a trifling incident. He recalled Otacon's briefing in his head: "Snake, it's kind of a schlep, but you'll just have to outsmart him! This isn't like one of my Japanese animes anymore, it's something....bigger! I know you can do it, just remember the VR training!"

Otacon's empty encouragement did little to assuage Snake's concerns;

"VR? A virtual grunt of the digital age, that's just great."

Nonetheless, Snake was determined;

"He'll never see me coming..."

He lurched forward into the darkness, calculated footsteps with his suppressed SOCOM pistol at the ready. In spite of being a geriatric mess, Snake had saved the world again and again; what could possibly stop him at this point? However, within the peering blackness a craggly voice halted Snake in his tracks;

"I'm afraid Octocamo won't save you this time"

"Who's there?!" shouted Snake as he raised his gun;

No answer.

Snake attempted to ping Otacon over the codec but was met with the screeching impact of radio feedback. With no other option but to continue down this hallway drenched in the darkness, Snake skulked on and continued to skulk on for what seemed like hours. "How long does this hallway go?" thought Snake. As if to answer his rhetorical question, a cackling laughter erupted. An uneasiness beset Snake;

"What the hell?"

He continued forward, still attempting to ping Otacon to no avail. Eventually, Snake saw a dim light in the distance.

"bout damn time" he said excitedly as he quickened his pace for the finish line. His excitement was be stymied when he realized the light just marked a dead end.

"What now?"

Just as he finished venting his frustration, a white light emerged from under him. The ground was lifting up! Snake quickly grabbed onto the platform to keep his balance as the jolt of the movement literally almost threw him off. The ground appeared to be some sort of elevator.

"What in the hell is going on here?" Snake mentioned as he continued to tap his codec in what now seemed like a fruitless attempt to reach Otacon. Eventually the elevator stopped to present...a child.

"I am the catalyst", said the child. "The Metal Gears were early versions of the reapers, made by me to save organics from synthetics by killing the organi-"

before the child finished his sentence Snake placed his SOCOM pistol into his mouth and screamed "I'M NOT ABOUT THAT LIFE" and squeezed the trigger, splattering his brains onto the cold sterile floor.

Katoki

I'm done with this sale. Damage Report that I'm rather embarrassed of. Recieved Toki Tori and A.R.E.S. as a gift.

LIST

Ignoring the steam wallet funds, I came to a total of $175.18. I.... need more restraint. Think I'll lay off of buying games for a while.

Or you could skip lunch.

Top Bottom