• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I've never read or seen the show. So it doesn't help.

The trailers look interesting but I'm not sure. Its in my cart ready to go.

I hate adventure games and I really really like this game.

Edit: And I have never watched the show or read the comics.

GAF sell me on The Walking Dead.

I honestly thought it was kind of boring. Granted we got it on PSN, not sure that'd make a difference. The system seems very restrictive. The GF also found it boring, and went back to playing Resident Evil 5. I can see why people like it though.

GAF sell me on The Walking Dead.

PM me.

There are loads of "OH SHIT" moments, it's exhilarating, the main character is likeable, the graphics/animation are gorgeous, great voice acting, and high replayability to see what different outcomes your decisions will make.

Oh, and zombies.

Cth

Will I like this game if I'm not familiar with the show AND the comics?

Dunno gonna have to wait for someone who's played it.. I've liked all the other telltale offerings.. The walking dead is an interesting setting so there's that. Gameplay wise. No idea. Sorry.

xJavonta

Banned
As a thanks SteamGAF, here's a popular conversation subject as a thanks for the fun!

Please enter only if you are going to play the game.

I just want people to have fun, so what does that mean? Fanfiction! To enter, all you have to do is write a short piece of fanfiction, 1 or 2 paragraphs is good, but feel free to go longer. Please keep it gaming related and know content does not matter! I know some people need time to get their creative juices flowing, so the contest ends at 1:30 EST(2 hours, give or take) and I'll choose my favorite. Quote with your entry. :p Got it?
Alan Wake's American Nightmare spoilers ahead
"Alan, wake up." said a voice in my ear. It was Alice. "C'mon, we have to get ready to meet Barry." At first I thought it wasn't real. That all of this was a figment of my imagination and I was simply re-writing reality once again. Alice opened the shades, letting the sunlight shine through. This was real. I had actually prevailed through the darkness. No More Mr. Scratch, no more Taken, no more nightmare. I'm home.

After we got ready, Alice and I set out to meet Barry at a restaurant. He wanted to catch up for all of the lost time. "Alan..." said Alice hesitantly, "where were you all this time? I mean you didn't let anyone know where you were or if you were even alive! I thought you were dead..." "It's kind of a difficult thing to explain" I told her, "I see," said Alice. "I thought I saw you on numerous occasions, but I couldn't bring myself to believe it was you." "Yeah, that wasn't exactly me..." I said hoping she wouldn't raise anymore questions. "It was kind of like my alter ego, or a part of me I tried to repress. Like I said, it's hard to explain." The conversation ended there, as we pulled up to t he restaurant parking lot. There was Barry, standing there with open arms, ready to welcome his best friend.

"Al! How are ya doin?" He says cheerfully "listen, we need to talk about what happened on 'the other side'" "Yeah, yeah I know Barry, but not in front of Alice. We need to make an excuse to leave first." "Okay gotcha, but I wanna know... How did you make it out?" "The same way I got you and Alice out. Kind of." We all proceeded into the diner to catch up over a meal...

I stopped there to meet the deadline. I couldn't really think of anything else and Alan Wake's American Nightmare is my most recently finished game so I went with that.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I had to blow the last $2.43 in my wallet, so finally grabbed Pixeljunk Eden. Don't know if I'll like it, but whatever... Sale's finally over for me, unless the Bit.Trip games come down again to $2.5 each one (not gonna happen).

I was so happy when I bought Saints Row at Amazon for $9.99. It was $5 cheaper than the steam daily price.

And now this. I think Gaben has priced the franchise pack at $9.79 for committing heresy against the church of Steam.

Sorry oh mighty Gaben, I repent my sins and truly sorry for disbelieving the power of Steam sales.

Dunno gonna have to wait for someone who's played it.. I've liked all the other telltale offerings.. The walking dead is an interesting setting so there's that. Gameplay wise. No idea. Sorry.

If you liked their other offerings ignore my comments, it was probably that developers best.

Walking Dead is Telltale's best game and is incredibly tense. I think the TV show is awful and I've never read the comics, but i love the games. The choices and suspense are unmatched.

aasoncott

Walking Dead is Telltale's best game and is incredibly tense. I think the TV show is awful and I've never read the comics, but i love the games. The choices and suspense are unmatched.

I'm in the same boat. Hated the show, haven't read the comics, but I think it's one of the best adventure games I've ever played in terms of tension and storytelling.

As a thanks SteamGAF, here's a popular conversation subject as a thanks for the fun!

Please enter only if you are going to play the game.

I just want people to have fun, so what does that mean? Fanfiction! To enter, all you have to do is write a short piece of fanfiction, 1 or 2 paragraphs is good, but feel free to go longer. Please keep it gaming related and know content does not matter! I know some people need time to get their creative juices flowing, so the contest ends at 1:30 EST(2 hours, give or take) and I'll choose my favorite. Quote with your entry. :p Got it?

And we're done!

With xJavonta's entry, we have 10 entries. More than I thought, actually! :p I'll get the winners out there as soon as I finish watching this episode of Black Dynamite.

elfinke

Came here to post exactly this. The TV show sucks (though I can definitely see the campy appeal), I've never seen the comics or knew they existed until recently, but the game is glorious.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Let the record show that SalsaShark owes me $15 if I don't like The Walking Dead.

Alright so:

If I, SalsaShark, steam entrepreneur (?), creator of this thread, hot chick, had to recommend you one game, and one game only during these sales that you absolutely have to get, no matter what: it would be The Walking Dead

so think about that

I bought the Walking Dead because people have been saying that they hate zombies and don't care about the show or the comics and love the game.

Good enough for me.

That and one guy said he actually felt bad for getting it on the cheap after playing it.

Puzzle Dimension is 99p now, great puzzle game, fairly challenging. Has a few flaws but will keep you occupied for a while. That's a really great price, paid £6.99 for it myself.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can I have my $15 back too if I hate it?

Sure, but me first!

Holy shit, JaseC.

Got you beat though! :)... :(

Lijak.gif

Quick question
In the PC version of Beat Hazard is there anyway to tone down the neon glow effects via graphic options. The girlfriend loves that game, but I could never get into the console version because the brightness would hurt my eyes.

She has contacts, I have 20-20 vision. LOL

gabbo

Quick question
In the PC version of Beat Hazard is there anyway to tone down the neon glow effects via graphic options. The girlfriend loves that game, but I could never get into the console version because the brightness would hurt my eyes.

She has contacts, I have 20-20 vision. LOL

Turn down the 'visual intensity'. it's in the options before choosing a song I beleive

I wonder how much money the magic crystals and bad rats guys make from these shitty games? Must be an amazing turn of events for them since they've both been adopted by the internet as joke gifts. Fuckers are laughing all the way to the bank.

xJavonta

Banned
I overdrafted my account by a few cents :( Spent ALL of my money (Didn't have much to begin with since I bought a ton of games before the sale). Great.

ImRight

whattheeff.jpg

ANYONE WANT SR3 - FRANCHISE PACK FOR $9.79 USD PM ME, PAYPAL ONLY,

ONE AT A TIME, SO MY BANK ACCOUNT DOESENT DIE IN THE ASS :D

Top Bottom