• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Toki767

F2GH6.png

Sitting here for a good 15 minutes waiting for dot to accept my friend request so I can give her her prizes and she's all busy playing Tribes: Ascend.

dot

F2GH6.png

Sitting here for a good 15 minutes waiting for dot to accept my friend request so I can give her her prizes and she's all busy playing Tribes: Ascend.

Sorry about that, was playing a match of Tribes. And sorry to disappoint but i'm a he. :p

What to do, I already own SR3 but I want all the DLC or should I play the game first without any DLC? I don't know if this kind of deal will happen again

Wok

So we start of with converting the binary code to decimals, giving us 63 88 3 100 137 174 46 69 113 228 29 197 171 11 250 87
But most of these numbers are to high, so we take modulus 26 from each number, which gives us 11 10 3 22 7 18 20 17 9 20 3 15 15 11 16 9 or kjcvgrtqitcookpi.
Complete nonsense, unless you decode it with a caesar cipher (the shift value is 2), you can wind up with the secret message: ihateprogramming.

Woah. I was so damn close, I had kjcvgrtqitcookpi and never thought there would be another step, I just discarded it and thought I was looking too much into it. I tried the Caesar cipher, ROT13, substitution cipher and others too. Hahaha, Damn.

If I had passed the modulus step, I would have guessed the word...

dani_dc

So...how about that code guys.....

Here:

Time's up, here you have the answer for the code.

People seemed to get quite a bit hung up on the binary part, thinking it was ascii, but there is a pretty simple way to convert the alphabet to numbers, namely making a=1 b=2 etc. So we start of with converting the binary code to decimals, giving us 63 88 3 100 137 174 46 69 113 228 29 197 171 11 250 87

But most of these numbers are to high, so we take modulus 26 from each number (IE removing 26 until you wind up with a number between 1-26) which gives us 11 10 3 22 7 18 20 17 9 20 3 15 15 11 16 9 or kjcvgrtqitcookpi.

Complete nonsense, unless you decode it with a caesar cipher. By brute forcing it or just guessing that the shift value is 2, you can decode the message and wind up with the secret message ihateprogramming.

Maybe a bit hard, but with some more time and dedication you probably could have solved it.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Well, I had to blow the last $2.43 in my wallet, so finally grabbed Pixeljunk Eden. Don't know if I'll like it, but whatever... Sale's finally over for me, unless the Bit.Trip games come down again to $2.5 each one (not gonna happen).
I just tried PJE for the first time with no expectations and was blown away. Super chill, simple controls, beautiful graphics. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Did you want a copy of Bit.Trip Beat? I've got an extra one lying around here. PM me with your e-mail address or steam profile if interested. It might be five or so hours before I send it to you though, I need to get to bed like...yesterday. Literally. :/

Puzzle Dimension is 99p now, great puzzle game, fairly challenging. Has a few flaws but will keep you occupied for a while. That's a really great price, paid £6.99 for it myself.
Damn you. I honestly thought I was done with buying things for myself and already did a mass checkout. Hngh, to buy or not to buy...

dot

Thanks again to Toki for the 3 games! :3

Darn, i guess if you have one game in the pack(BoD VII + Cthulhu) already you don't get an extra. :/ Was hoping to share a game with you guys. Maybe next time.

Cramoss

I really want that Saint's Row The Third franchise pack but I guess I'll have to wait till next big sale because I went over my budget.

Anyway, I'm done with the sale.

What to do, I already own SR3 but I want all the DLC or should I play the game first without any DLC? I don't know if this kind of deal will happen again

I think the Season Pass missions would play better sprinkled throughout a normal story playthrough, instead of doing them after finishing the main campaign. I did that on the 360 (bought the Season Pass and got the missions piecemeal as they got released) and while it was enjoyable, I felt they could have better served to prolong the main story experience.

Soi-Fong

Welp, ponied up for the SR3 Franchise Pack. Must be a pricing error! haha. Glad I waited and also didn't buy the one from Amazon when it was on sale. It's now in my inventory. Oh yeah!

tylerf

First I miss the amazon sale and now I could have got the franchise pack for only a dollar more than I spent. Waiting for the daily deal is dead to me.

kitzkozan

Welp, ponied up for the SR3 Franchise Pack. Must be a pricing error! haha. Glad I waited and also didn't buy the one from Amazon when it was on sale. It's now in my inventory. Oh yeah!

I already had Saint Row 3 in my cart with some of the DLC once and finally resisted, but this might be it. I was done with this sale, but I might have another purchase in me after all. :D

Dingotech

My final purchases today were -

Saints Row 3 Franchise Pack
Shatter
Ys Oath

I'm happy with my purchases this sale! :)

*Sniff* I'm going to miss the excitment of checking the sales each day. Especially when my kids woke me up in the middle of the night, I wasn't annoyed because I got to check the sales early! :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why would you buy a game that's not on sale?

The sales don't end. They just go back to having one crazy sale per day from now until Christmas. It's pure evil.

I'm partially joking. Actually I wasn't out any actual cash money at all. I sold all of my console games and my Playstation 3 a couple of months ago in preparation for this sale. I've been a PC gamer for the last year, and, after not really playing my consoles for nearly 6 months, I decided to just pull the plug entirely.

So I ended up with some extra cash and over $200 in steam money. Here is what it got me:

GundediGne
S.P.A.Z.
Indie Game: The Movie
Arma 2: Combined Ops
Fortuen Summoner
Ys The Oath of Felghana
Evochron Mercenary
Vampire: The Masquerade
Spilter Cell Chaos (x 3 for friends)
BOtanicula
Gal Civ II
Krater
Syberia (bundle
Tiny and Big
Iron Grip Warlord (bundle)
Dead Horde (bundle)
Dino D _day (bundle)
Shoot Many Robots (4 pack)
Dungeon Siege I, II, III +_ exp
RAGE
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
Frozen Synapse: Red DLC
Two Worlds 2 Bundle
The Walking Dead
Ys Origins
EU Chronicles (thanks Tony!)
Mount and Blade Warband (thanks Tony!)
Alan Wake Complete Series
Worms Reloaded (4 Pack)
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Star Wars Force Unleased 1 & 2
Back to the Future: The Game
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Hart Reset
Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC
Wizorb
Avernum Great Trials Trilogy
Commandos 3 (bundle)
Cargo: Quest for Gravity (bundle)
Ion Assault (bundle)
The Void (bundle)
Warhammer Space Marine
Crusader Kings + DLC (paradox Amazon bundle)
Victoria II Complete (paradox Amazon bundle)
Warlock Master of Arcane (paradox Amazon bundle)
Fear 3
Bejeweled 3

Basically since I got $200 for my PS3 I ended up trading it "even" for all this because I spent $202 of my wallet money (still have $30 left). Seems like an amazing trade to me.

My only problem now is that I am overwhelmed with my options. So many amazing games...

Legend of Grimrock $5.99
Hard Reset: Extended edition $3.74
Crusader Kings II $9.99
The Walking Dead $14.99
Renegade Ops $1.88
Ys Origin $7.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition $16.99
Alan Wake American Nightmare $3.74
Binding of Isaac Bundle $2.24

Total $67.55

Think I might have over done it...

Okay, I bought a few more things. But now I'm really done! Done, done, done! No more money, Gabe!

Oh my God!

Top Bottom