• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Okay, I have the results! Apologies for the long post!
As a thanks SteamGAF, here's a popular conversation subject as a thanks for the fun!

ibwm4fBwmTtnek.png

Please enter only if you are going to play the game.

I just want people to have fun, so what does that mean? Fanfiction! To enter, all you have to do is write a short piece of fanfiction, 1 or 2 paragraphs is good, but feel free to go longer. Please keep it gaming related and know content does not matter! I know some people need time to get their creative juices flowing, so the contest ends at 1:30 EST(2 hours, give or take) and I'll choose my favorite. Quote with your entry. :p Got it?

I'm changing the rules a bit because I loved the 10 fanfics you guys wrote. I couldn't choose between all of them, so I was forced to use a randomizer to decide!

And our winner is... Ichor! Even if I'm not a huge fan of the Zelda series, I feel you captured the personalities of the three characters very well and adding in the perspectives of each character was a nice touch. Congrats! Here's the winning entry:
People wonder what he fights for, but I know very well. He fights for all of us to have a future, he has no fear of what might happen to himself. The courage in his heart keeps him going no matter the damage his body sustains. It's why I chose him to be our hero. -my hero- I knew I doomed him when I asked this of him, he will never stop until every shred of darkness is scrubbed from this land, and even then, what of other lands? Could he stop knowing the darkness could be hiding somewhere out there?

Link is a hero, there is no doubt about that, but sometimes I wonder if that's a good thing. He is there for everyone, but he has no one there for him, no one to tend his wounds or watch his back. A Princess cannot leave her people, even to aid a Hero, why should it be that I, the one who brought this upon him, not suffer with him?

The boy does not stop. At first I had merely passed him off as a child playing hero, little did I know he would become the only thing that I fear. It sickens me to admit. I, Ganondorf, King of Darkness, have been bowed low by a boy. How could this be? But the answer is simple, he does not stop. Even when his bones are shattered he picks his broken body up and keeps fighting, he has defeated every challenge placed in front of him through sheer courage and force of will, with no formal training of any kind he turns ancient traps and deadly puzzles into child's play, and slaughters the most powerful of behemoths.

But I know his one weakness; he loves and I can exploit that. Holding a certain Princess in my grasp will make breaking the boy all too easy. And then nothing will stand against my will.

I won't stop. I can't stop until everyone is safe. Ganondorf is just a fallen tree in my path to save Zelda and Hyrule. I brush off the aches in my legs as I walk, the burning from my cracked ribs as I breathe, the dizziness in my head as I look up at the looming castle where my journey will finally have an ending.
Zelda waits for me, and I wouldn't want to disappoint her.
Again, congrats! Send me a PM with your email or Steam ID and I'll send your game ASAP! Going to sleep soon, though, so it could potentially come tomorrow. :)

To everyone that entered: THANK YOU! Here's a list of all the entries, in order of appearance:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did Dacvak ever comment on me getting Portal 2 :3? Where is he anyway?! I want to know if we're friends or not now!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Alright, all finished up with the sales. THE LOOT TABLE!

Ys: Oath of Felghana (Gift)
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition (Gift)
Ys Origin
Mount and Blade: Wardband
Galactic Civilization 2
Magicka Collection + DLC, Crusader Kings 2, Sword of the Stars 1/2, Victora II (Amazon Deal)
Arx Fatalis

Acageron

Would anyone be willing to trade for a The Last Remnant key?

I already bought it myself and have some unused credit on GMG. I'd rather utilize it towards a steam game.

lmao just read this

there is pleeeeeenty of stuff im missing mang, believe me. I can point many fingers at the real steam hoarders :p

Sometimes I think I'm the only guy here with less than 100 games. And I've had steam since 2005!

Really though I just don't buy games unless I'm sure I'm going to play it soon. And once I start playing a game I always finish it , so the few I do buy/get gifted take up many hours.

Salsa

Really though I just don't buy games unless I'm sure I'm going to play it soon. And once I start playing a game I always finish it , so the few I do buy/get gifted take up many hours.

I think people would be surprised at the amount of games I play. I dont really do the "get games and never play" thing with just a few exceptions. Steam rating is always at 10.

RustyO

Hmmm... I skipped The Walking Dead last time around; but then thought maybe I should have grabbed it after all... maybe I will after all. Kind of put off by having to wait for the other three episodes though (thats just me)

Saints Row : The Third
(& all DLC) for $9.79 is mighty tempting; but think I'll give it a miss as I'd prefer it on console; and my laptop wouldn't run it. Nice deal but.

Eternia

The sales don't end. They just go back to having one crazy sale per day from now until Christmas. It's pure evil.
If things go according to plan (okay, that sort of didn't happen this year), there would be an Halloween and then Autumn/Thanksgiving sale before the holidays. :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
huh, i got a vote every day badge even though i didnt even know about the steam sale until sunday. >_>

must have voted just before 1pm on sun.

Cth

Sometimes I think I'm the only guy here with less than 100 games. And I've had steam since 2005!

Same here.. Got steam with HL2.. Only recently had a pc the could run games well.

Started out mainly with Indy bundles..

Still have around 20-30 from bundles mostly.

gabbo

Would anyone be willing to trade for a The Last Remnant key?

I already bought it myself and have some unused credit on GMG. I'd rather utilize it towards a steam game.

Talk to DeadFalling. he's been going out of his mind for TLR most of the night.

Fou-Lu

Yes! I'm a winner! Ys was the last game I wanted from the sale and I couldn't afford anything more, so this is perfect. Thanks Grim!

ImRight

whattheeff.jpg

WHAT DA FUCK!!!

SAINTS ROW FRANCHISE PACK -91% Here in AUS, $9.79 USD!?! MUTHER FUCKER I PAID $15 Bucks for that shit!!!

/*cries

DAFUQ... YOU DOING TO ME GABEN? U OWE ME F'N $5 BRAH!

Anyone WANT ME TO BUY IT ITS PROBABLY A MISTAKE

Still at $9.79 USD PM/ADD me if you want, (steam Id In profile)

EDIT: GONNA BE ON FOR LIKE AN HOUR OR 2 AT MAX NOW, SO PLEASE ASK SOMEONE ELSE IF THIS POST IS MORE THAN 2 HOURS OLD

Talk to DeadFalling. he's been going out of his mind for TLR most of the night.

I could only turn Beats settings down to 50% in the demo, and it still is to much for me. Can you turn it down even more in the retail version? I don't know why but this is the only game I've ever played that seems to actually cause eye strain for me. :-(

Fireblend

Banned
Well, time for me to get some sleep. It's been fun, gentlemen. Starting tomorrow kick back and enjoy your games, you all deserve it.

Carm

Neither Timeshift or Rollercoaster Tycoon 3:platnium went below $14.99. =/ I could have sworn RT3 has been $10 before. Sword & Sworcery never hit 50% off either. Guess I'll have to wait tilll the Christmas sale.

gabbo

I could only turn Beats settings down to 50% in the demo, and it still is to much for me. Can you turn it down even more in the retail version? I don't know why but this is the only game I've ever played that seems to actually cause eye strain for me. :-(

It seems it only goes down to 50% in the full game as well. Sucks that it bothers your eyes.

Wow, 700 games in your library lol. Do people have over 1000 yet?

Oh man, you have no idea. I'm not going to name anybody and the number of games they have because that would be kind of disrespectful to their privacy. But believe me their are many people on Steam with well over 1500 games.

My biggest achivement this sale is ..... not getting the full badge !
http://i.imgur.com/uz9Q7.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

So you didnt even gift a game to anybody.

Top Bottom