• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Alphalpha

Neo Member
To return the favour from GAF for gifting help I've received in the past, bought 3 extra SR3+DLC packs at US$9.79 from Aus store for whoever is interested... pm me.

Jak140

The Saints Row 3 Franchise pack dropping over $10 bucks in a repeat sale has completely upended the rule of waiting for the daily deals to save the most money. There are no rules anymore...

buhdeh

Me:
Batman: Arkham City - $10
Bulletstorm - $5
Orcs Must Die! - $3.50
Portal 2 - $5
Terraria - $2.50
-----
$26 - not too bad

Also got Torchlight 2 pre-order (not part of sale), so all in all $46 on Steam. Should keep me busy til Torchlight 2, Borderlands 2, and Sleeping Dogs are all out.

gabbo

Total Damage so far:
Trine 2 - 3.74
Dear Esther + OSt - 3.74
Time Gentlemen Please/Ben There Dan That (which I already owned, for free) - 1.00
Saints Row 3 Complete - 9.79
---------
$ 18.27, still have a few bucks on the card too.

Free/Gifts
Defense Grid
Defense Grid DLC
Nexus - The Jupiter Incident

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
The Saints Row 3 Franchise pack dropping over $10 bucks in a repeat sale has completely upended the rule of waiting for the daily deals to save the most money. There are no rules anymore...

the flash sales seem to be more or less equivalent to a daily; there was no reason to avoid a flash in favour of waiting for a daily.

the wait rule was for stuiff like arma2 that was 20% off all sale long.

Thanks Pancakes. Justice will be served!
hFx4e.jpg

Tukker

The first time I followed a steam sales via NeoGAF and I can only say it kinda doubled my purchases ;D. Spent well over $150 already and not even done yet gonna need to check the hiddgen gem games thread.

awesome job on keeping the thread updated SalsaShark!

Just did my "go through and pick up cheap shit games for giggles run on the last day" thing that happens twice a year.

Tons of fodder.

Gonna be great.

Toki767

Alan Wake Collection - $9.99
The Witcher 2 - $15.99
GTA Collection - $8.04
The Last Remnant - $7.20
Recettear - $4.99

Gifted To People
Botanicula - $2.49
Prince of Persia Sands of Time - $2.49
Hard Reset - $3.75
Ys: The Oath in Felghana - $5.09
Breath of Death VII/Cthulu Saves the World - $1.49
Wizorb - $1.79
Limbo - $2.49

Total: $65.80 - $50 Steam card as a present = $15.80

70% for me, 30% for other people. Feels good.

Zimbardo

i just bought the Saints Row Franchise Pack for $13.29.

was it that cheap the whole time? or did they just add that sale for the first time tonight?

LuuKyK

I am rethinking about buying Alan Wake now (if it wins). I have lots of games to finish yet. :|

Should I really buy The Walking Dead though? I played the demo on the PS3 and liked it. But I don't know. Isn't it short?

Jak140

the flash sales seem to be more or less equivalent to a daily; there was no reason to avoid a flash in favour of waiting for a daily.

the wait rule was for stuiff like arma2 that was 20% off all sale long.

Yeah it's just that waiting for a daily no longer means you're guaranteed the best price on Steam during the duration of the sale.

Ultimadrago

this post is better enjoyed with this in the background

.... aaaaaaaaaand im done (at least I think so)

as always, there's still a couple things im missing out the list of things I wanted (you cannot calculate these budgets), but damn if I didnt get a good haul :)

just wanna say HUGE HUGE thanks to everyone who helped out. Stumpokapow, Biohazard, MRORANGE with updating the thread when I was out, Fuzzy by providing the awesome gifs, and everyone else who chipped in to keep the thread going and lookin neat :)

equally HUGE thanks to everyone who was kind enough to participate in some gifting, for me and for every user here. As everyone knows by now GAF is way too kind and humble, and it's great to see a community like this when other message boards are anything but kind. Lots of fun was had with great contests like Johnny's sketches :).

then there's the folks who provided the cheaper prices thanks to cross region gifting:

Cloudius12

wilflare

xenoflux2113

Firehead

Krappadizzle

elkayes

ASilva

Des0lar

Sutton Dagger

milesdm

PrematureQuiche

BlazeGaj

I H8 MEMES

and whoever else dealt in such kind endeavours :) as stated pretty much everywhere around here, this kind of help goes a long long way.

Anyway, great sales everyone, as always. I can only hope that keeping the thread updated and such was helpful to at least someone around here :p took some work but i'd feel really stupid by not doing it considering the lenghts people go to help others in this very thread.

til Christmas!

Thanks for helping run this, SalsaShark!

Toki767

I am rethinking about buying Alan Wake now (if it wins). I have much games to finish yet. :|

Should I really buy The Walking Dead though? I played the demo on the PS3 and liked it. But I don't know. Isn't it short?

About 2 hours per episode. Not really short.

I am rethinking about buying Alan Wake now (if it wins). I have much games to finish yet. :|

The first two episode took me 6 hours, although I did dillydally a bit. TWD is really, really good and you will get $15 of entertainment out of it when more episodes come out. Trust me.

I have 44 games and I think that's an insane amount.

I have 80+.

Some are duplicates due Civ 4 being stupid. Some are betas and don't really count (Dota 2, CS: S, TF2).

The rest are all real I think. If you've kept up with Indie Bundles, even just the Humble Bundle, it's easy to have a ton of games.

It's not like I buy them all at full price. The most expensive thing I ever bought on Steam was my Portal 2 pre-order, at $45. Besides that I had Orange Box, Civ IV Complete, and Civ V at $30 (all bought long before the major sales were a thing - well the Civs were at least discounted some, but before they were hitting the rock bottom prices they do now).

Any other single thing I've bought has been less than $10, or damn near close that.

Smash88

Banned
this post is better enjoyed with this in the background

.... aaaaaaaaaand im done (at least I think so)

as always, there's still a couple things im missing out the list of things I wanted (you cannot calculate these budgets), but damn if I didnt get a good haul :)

just wanna say HUGE HUGE thanks to everyone who helped out. Stumpokapow, Biohazard, MRORANGE with updating the thread when I was out, Fuzzy by providing the awesome gifs, and everyone else who chipped in to keep the thread going and lookin neat :)

equally HUGE thanks to everyone who was kind enough to participate in some gifting, for me and for every user here. As everyone knows by now GAF is way too kind and humble, and it's great to see a community like this when other message boards are anything but kind. Lots of fun was had with great contests like Johnny's sketches :).

then there's the folks who provided the cheaper prices thanks to cross region gifting:

Cloudius12

wilflare

xenoflux2113

Firehead

Krappadizzle

elkayes

ASilva

Des0lar

Sutton Dagger

milesdm

PrematureQuiche

BlazeGaj

I H8 MEMES

and whoever else dealt in such kind endeavours :) as stated pretty much everywhere around here, this kind of help goes a long long way.

Anyway, great sales everyone, as always. I can only hope that keeping the thread updated and such was helpful to at least someone around here :p took some work but i'd feel really stupid by not doing it considering the lenghts people go to help others in this very thread.

final personal haul:

KMloI.png

til Christmas!

bv72i.jpg

Scrub.

I have a problem, help me.

Can anyone else please upload the arma 2 beta patch SOMEWHERE ANYONE?

Dingotech

My steam sale haul (Wanted to be under $100, so yay me!) -

• Legend of Grimrock $5.99
  • Portal 2 $4.99
  • Back to the Future $6.24
  • Trine 2 $3.74
  • Half Life $2.49
  • Binding of Isaac DLC $0.74
  • PayDay: The Heist (4 Pack) $3.75
  • Plants Vs Zombies $2.49
  • The Walking Dead $14.99
  • Vessel $3.74
  • Monkey Island 2 Special Edition $2.49
  • Company of Heroes $2.49
  • GTA IV: EFLC $4.99
  • Risen $4.99
  • Driver San Francisco $7.49
  • Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet $3.74
  • Saints Row the Third: Franchise Pack $13.29
  • Ys The Oath in Felghana $5.09
  • Shatter $2.49
    --------------------------------
  • TOTAL PURCHASES $96.22

I've never done this before, so might as well.

First one to quote this post gets Bastion!

Second one to quote gets Hard Reset!

It has been a pretty good Summer Sale!

Contest Time

This time the prize is Offspring Fling by Kyle Pulver. Honestly, no idea if the game is all that great. Don't own it myself but I've seen Mr. Pulver's work for years and the upcoming Snapshot looks great. So I'll give him some money and you guys get a game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211360/

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

2) Contest ends in a short time frame; entries due within twenty minutes of this post.

The Challenge

Creative writing be damned! I've already asked for meal choices and poetry about me last night. Tonight I ask for entertainment and perhaps some knowledge? What I demand is this...

Provide me with a link to the most interesting article/story/essay/whatever you can think of.

The one that I find most interesting for whatever reason gets a free game. One entry only! And good luck figuring out what I'll find interesting. And since it'll possibly require me to scour through stuff the prize may not be right at twenty minutes after this posting but that's when entries are allowed.

Feel free to add me on Steam, ID is Wibblewozzer. I'll follow this with another contest or two.

LuuKyK

About 2 hours per episode. Not really short.

The first two episode took me 6 hours, although I did dillydally a bit. TWD is really, really good and you will get $15 of entertainment out of it when more episodes come out. Trust me.

I will trust you guys! :)

And that should do it for me. It was a good sale, especially since this is my first one (didn't play on the PC till earlier this year).

Soon will post my damage. :p

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I've never done this before, so might as well.

First one to quote this post gets Bastion!

Second one to quote gets Hard Reset!

It has been a pretty good Summer Sale!

Already have both games but yay for gifts.

(Don't give it to me)

I have 80+.

Some are duplicates due Civ 4 being stupid. Some are betas and don't really count (Dota 2, CS: S, TF2).

The rest are all real I think. If you've kept up with Indie Bundles, even just the Humble Bundle, it's easy to have a ton of games.

It's not like I buy them all at full price. The most expensive thing I ever bought on Steam was my Portal 2 pre-order, at $45. Besides that I had Orange Box, Civ IV Complete, and Civ V at $30 (all bought long before the major sales were a thing - well the Civs were at least discounted some, but before they were hitting the rock bottom prices they do now).

Any other single thing I've bought has been less than $10, or damn near close that.

I got like 130-150 games from indie bundles. Now i have 253 games and i dont know if i ever play some of then.

LuuKyK

Well, that helps my indecision about Alan Wake.

The Walking Dead it is then!

Edit: Also, I'm member now. Yay. Bye junior.

Top Bottom