• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

LuuKyK

My Damage:

The Walking Dead
Bioshock Franchise Pack (Summer 2012)
Rayman Origins
Age of Empires III: Complete Collection
Trine 2
Ys The Oath in Felghana

Gifts from awesome gaffers (Anddo0 and Koroviev - thanks again guys!):

Torchlight
Pixeljunk Eden

Total: $62,48

Hmmm, thats a bit excessive actually. :s

Nice! On The Walking Dead and being a member!

Congrats on both counts!

also i never bothered to tell you until now but: nice avatar because iksel is cool

Thanks guys! :3

And yes, I thought Iksel was cool, but he is even cooler now that he helped me win an awesome game in this thread! :p

MadeWell

Contest Time

This time the prize is Offspring Fling by Kyle Pulver. Honestly, no idea if the game is all that great. Don't own it myself but I've seen Mr. Pulver's work for years and the upcoming Snapshot looks great. So I'll give him some money and you guys get a game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211360/

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

2) Contest ends in a short time frame; entries due within twenty minutes of this post.

The Challenge

Creative writing be damned! I've already asked for meal choices and poetry about me last night. Tonight I ask for entertainment and perhaps some knowledge? What I demand is this...

Provide me with a link to the most interesting article/story/essay/whatever you can think of.

The one that I find most interesting for whatever reason gets a free game. One entry only! And good luck figuring out what I'll find interesting. And since it'll possibly require me to scour through stuff the prize may not be right at twenty minutes after this posting but that's when entries are allowed.

Feel free to add me on Steam, ID is Wibblewozzer. I'll follow this with another contest or two.

http://gropingtheelephant.com/blog/?p=2545
Intresting analysis of the first level of Deus ex

Tukker

Contest Time

This time the prize is Offspring Fling by Kyle Pulver. Honestly, no idea if the game is all that great. Don't own it myself but I've seen Mr. Pulver's work for years and the upcoming Snapshot looks great. So I'll give him some money and you guys get a game.

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

2) Contest ends in a short time frame; entries due within twenty minutes of this post.

The Challenge

Creative writing be damned! I've already asked for meal choices and poetry about me last night. Tonight I ask for entertainment and perhaps some knowledge? What I demand is this...

Provide me with a link to the most interesting article/story/essay/whatever you can think of.

The one that I find most interesting for whatever reason gets a free game. One entry only! And good luck figuring out what I'll find interesting. And since it'll possibly require me to scour through stuff the prize may not be right at twenty minutes after this posting but that's when entries are allowed.

Feel free to add me on Steam, ID is Wibblewozzer. I'll follow this with another contest or two.

http://panicgamer.com/Articles-detail/the-truth-during-steam-sales-everyone-is-agoraphobic/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You smarmy son of a bitch. You better play the shit out of that.
I just bursted out laughing and now people at work are wondering wtf's going on :lol

Salsa

posting this again for new page, since im gonna hit the bed and I doubt the thread will be here when I wake up (dont wanna end up coming off as ungrateful)

---

this post is better enjoyed with this in the background

.... aaaaaaaaaand im done (at least I think so)

as always, there's still a couple things im missing out the list of things I wanted (you cannot calculate these budgets), but damn if I didnt get a good haul :)

just wanna say HUGE HUGE thanks to everyone who helped out. Stumpokapow, Biohazard, MRORANGE with updating the thread when I was out, Fuzzy by providing the awesome gifs, and everyone else who chipped in to keep the thread going and lookin neat :)

equally HUGE thanks to everyone who was kind enough to participate in some gifting, for me and for every user here. As everyone knows by now GAF is way too kind and humble, and it's great to see a community like this when other message boards are anything but kind. Lots of fun was had with great contests like Johnny's sketches :).

then there's the folks who provided the cheaper prices thanks to cross region gifting:

Cloudius12

wilflare

xenoflux2113

Firehead

Krappadizzle

elkayes

ASilva

Des0lar

Sutton Dagger

milesdm

PrematureQuiche

BlazeGaj

I H8 MEMES

and whoever else dealt in such kind endeavours :) as stated pretty much everywhere around here, this kind of help goes a long long way.

Anyway, great sales everyone, as always. I can only hope that keeping the thread updated and such was helpful to at least someone around here :p took some work but i'd feel really stupid by not doing it considering the lenghts people go to help others in this very thread.

final personal haul:

KMloI.png

til Christmas!

Looks like my final haul will be:
PixelJunk Eden Soundtrack Bundle – 80% Off – $3.00
Trine 2 – 75% Off – $3.74
Renegade Ops – 75% off – $3.74
Ys: The Oath in Felghana – 66% off – $5.09
The Walking Dead – 40% Off – $14.99
Saints Row: The Third – 75% off – $12.49
Stacking – 75% Off – $3.74
Tiny and Big: Grandpa’s Leftovers – 40% Off—$5.99
Botanicula – 75% off – $2.49

Overall, pretty satisfied with this sale--got pretty much everything I wanted, plus some other things, and ended up getting one game that I had completely forgotten about which interested me a lot when I first saw it (Tiny and Big), which I'm currently enjoying a lot, so yeah, pretty good sale, IMO.
Contest Time

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

The Challenge

Worth a try I guess:
http://kotaku.com/5925695/see-how-m...ler?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Artofwar420

Contest Time

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

The Challenge

Here's a link to quick read about how revolution era/1770s English accents were actually a lot closer to current American accents rather than modern British ones.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2604480/posts

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Steve is gonna get an interesting surprise when he wakes up.

MY1Wt.png

Contest Time

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

The Challenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUhSYLRw14&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A short animated documentary about the time Pirates's pitcher Dock Ellis threw a no-hitter while being balls high on LSD.

gabbo

Contest Time

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

The Challenge

Get your geopolitics on with Best Korea:
http://youtu.be/SknkI5yXiyg

Contest Time

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

The Challenge

http://youtu.be/y_MCwlY6zzg

A great story of life... just watch it bro!

Contest Time

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

The Challenge

Nicolaus Carr's "Is Google Making Us Stupid?" Highlights include, Socrates lament that writing would be the downfall of real thought, how the typewriter changed the writing of Nietzsche and an exploration of how Google impacts the way that we obtain and digest information.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ahhh, I'm panicing! Everone's saying gbye and I cant be there to hug everone :(((

kitzkozan

Hey I was happy to help, sorry I wasn't talking much in the thread this time but I kept up with it as best I could. It was a fun sale and the thread made it even better.

Steam GAF is the best, even usurp the positive thinking VITA GAF. :) I'm gonna miss it until winter, but it's been a blast especially in the last 2-3 days with the various GAF contests and all the gift that were flying around (we should of started that earlier :p ) .

AlexBasch

Aight, help me with another dumb question.

I know I can combine funds of wallet+other pay forms, but if I can't pay the difference I can just cancel the whole thing and keep the wallet money, right?

I know Valve is love and wouldn't do us wrong other than punish us in a cruel way with these sales, but I gotta ask.

CRS

And that's all she wrote folks. Big thanks to everyone in this thread and Salsa for making my first Steam Sale fun and hilarious.

NightSky
Nimbus
And Yet It Moves
Eufloria
Arma II: Combined Operations
RAGE
Bulletstorm
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Ys Origin
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Far Cry Complete
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Driver: San Francisco - Deluxe Edition
Amanita Bundle
Syberia
The Void
Beyond Good and Evil
Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack
The Witcher 2
Krater - Collectors Edition
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy - Four Pack
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Geometry Wars
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Thief Bundle 2012
Carpe Fulger Bundle
Just Cause 2
Bioshock Franchise Pack
Binary Domain
Dragon Age Complete
Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack
Binary Domain - Multiplayer Pack
Binary Domain - Dan Marshall Pack
Metro 2033 All Languages
Crysis Maximum Edition Bundle
Saints Row: The Third - Shark Attack Pack DLC
Saints Row: The Third
Mirror's Edge
Assassin's Creed Pack - Deluxe
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Five
Cave Story+
FEAR Complete Pack (ROW)
Dead Space Pack
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Prince of Persia Complete Pack
The Walking Dead
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Tomb Raider: Legend
Darkness II (ROW)
Magicka Complete Pack (June 2012)
Frozen Synapse: Complete Pack
Batman 1 and 2 and Gotham City Impostors Bundle
Orcs Must Die + Artifacts of Power and Lost Adventures
Borderlands GOTY
Alice Madness Returns
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Four Pack
Sonic Generations
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Binding of Isaac Bundle (Summer 2012)
Sanctum: Collection
Trine 2 Collector's Edition
Darksiders
Trine
PixelJunk Eden + Soundtrack
Hard Reset: Extended edition
Terraria
Portal 2
Rayman Origins
Deus Ex Collection

Yesterday
Adventures of Shuggy

Toki767

Aight, help me with another dumb question.

I know I can combine funds of wallet+other pay forms, but if I can't pay the difference I can just cancel the whole thing and keep the wallet money, right?

I know Valve is love and wouldn't do us wrong other than punish us in a cruel way with these sales, but I gotta ask.

You can choose how you want to be charged. You don't have to use your wallet money.

hitmon

Trying my hardest not to get SR3 still. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making my first Steam Sale a fun one.

Seriously though, it's always kind of a downer day the day after a Steam Sale. It's sad.

Not for me. It's the day the real fun begins. I get to dive into a pile of goodies.

Best way to combat Steam sale blues. Find a highly acclaimed game and dive into it and disappear for a few hours.

Enco

Trying my hardest not to get SR3 still. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making my first Steam Sale a fun one.
5th or 4th time it was on sale. They really want you to buy it. I'm skipping on it especially since Sleeping Dogs comes out soon.

Shame the sale is over. The first 5 days were great fun.

Top Bottom