• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

dani_dc

Well now that voting is done and we have the final flash sales I can finally close this sale:

Bought:

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes - 3,74€
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb (DLC) - 0,49€
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - 7,49€
Qube - 2,74€
Trine 2 - 3,24€
Dear Esther - 1,74€
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition - 4,99€
Fortune Summoners - 3,74€
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - 4,99€
Far Cry Complete - 4,98€
Ys The Oath in Felghana - 4,07€
Sonic CD - 2,69€
Tobe's Vertical Adventure - 0,99€
Legend of Grimrock - 4,39€

To give :
PixelJunk Eden - 1,40€

Total: 51,68€

Around half of what I spent last year (110,5€), average of 3,2€ per buy, or 3,4€ per game.
Pretty happy with what I got. managed to play six games already and hopefully I'll get around the others soon.

Addnan

Now that the sale is finished.

• Plants vs. Zombies £1.74
    Star Wars: KOTOR £1.74
    Skyrim £17.37
    Sonic Generations £6.79
    Binding of Isaac Bundle £1.73
    Trine 2 £2.99
    Saints Row: The Third £7.49
    Saints Row: The Third - Shark Attack (DLC) £0.36
    Eufloria £2.25
    Audiosurf £1.49
    Serious Sam 3 BFE £2.55
    PixelJunk Eden + Soundtrack £2.20
    Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete £0.74
    Quantum Conundrum £5.78 (Amazon)
    The Walking Dead £9.64 (Amazon)
    Dead Space 2 £3.74
    Ys The Oath in Felghana £3.39
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R Bundle £5.19
    Indie Bundle 7 £6.99
    Trains vs Zombies DLC (Gift) £1.49
    Thief 2 £1.74
    Driver San Francisco £4.99
    Football Manager 2012 £4.99

Total: £97.38

Gifts:
  • Defense Grid: The Awakening + All DLC
    Dungeon Defender
    Dear Esther
    Napoleon: Total War.

Sale turned out to be a whole lot more expensive than I had planned. Almost 5x my original budget, the small cheap games really do add up.

All I got this sale was Fear 3. I'm kinda surprised. I almost got Ass Revelations, but I decided to wait since I hadn't finished 2 yet.

Skyrim is tempting, but I dunno. I like being the only guy in the world left who hasn't played it.

MadD4mon

Contest Time

This time the prize is Offspring Fling by Kyle Pulver. Honestly, no idea if the game is all that great. Don't own it myself but I've seen Mr. Pulver's work for years and the upcoming Snapshot looks great. So I'll give him some money and you guys get a game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211360/

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

2) Contest ends in a short time frame; entries due within twenty minutes of this post.

The Challenge

Creative writing be damned! I've already asked for meal choices and poetry about me last night. Tonight I ask for entertainment and perhaps some knowledge? What I demand is this...

Provide me with a link to the most interesting article/story/essay/whatever you can think of.

The one that I find most interesting for whatever reason gets a free game. One entry only! And good luck figuring out what I'll find interesting. And since it'll possibly require me to scour through stuff the prize may not be right at twenty minutes after this posting but that's when entries are allowed.

Feel free to add me on Steam, ID is Wibblewozzer. I'll follow this with another contest or two.

I may be too late to the party but while you're at it you should also read this. :)

http://www.alwaysblack.com/blackbox/bownigger.html

Alright, I'm heading to bed. This was my first Steam sale I could actively participate in with the GAF communiy and it was great. Au revoir, everyone, and I'll see you in the regular Steam topic! As a last hurrah, feel free to add me on Steam.

LuuKyK

My first sale but it was awesome. The commentary in these threads was hilarious...what is this feeling?? I feel almost...sad :(

9578_293b.gif

I know how it feels man, but we have to be strong.
for the next sale

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's not yet goodbye, we still have the Steam thread and the Winter Sale! <3
But the Winter Sale is soooo far away :(

God damn it, I'll do my credits to everyone when I come home.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who has helped make this thread not only informative in regards to what to look out for during the sales, but entertaining and fun. The banter and contests kept everyone busy, creative and in great spirits during late and sleepless nights of watching Flash and Community Choice sales tick over. Thanks to those who helped gift me games that were available cheaper on the other side of the Globe.

This has been my first Steam sale and in my first couple months of being a Junior Member nonetheless. I have definitely made the move from console gamer to PC gamer thanks to the great community here and the generosity and friendliness that will keep me checking in whenever there's a Gaf Steam thread.

I'll certainly miss this thread.

Before everyone departs this thread, add me to your friends list. :D I must hang onto the moment.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pock3tmonster/

jph139

There's still a good ten hours until the sale OFFICIALLY closes, but... I doubt I'll be making any more purchases.

uFOW3.png

$24.32, along with two free games - one thanks to Amazon Tony, one thanks to Frozenbyte's Summer Seal. Already into Mirror's Edge, Civilization is quickly on its way to my second most played game (behind TF2), and I've got three nice deep games waiting in the wings. Of course... I still have leftovers from two Humble Bundles and the Winter Sale, too...! Even so, I can't help but feel emasculated by you people and your huge, throbbing purchase lists.

Thanks all for the giveaways and games and fun. And big thanks to SalsaShark of course for keeping the thread up and running! My first GAF Sale... can't wait for the next one!

Okay, no more entries! And I have no idea how I'm going to get through these entries. Seriously, linking an hour long video? Do you guys ever want to actually get a prize out of this!?

So I'll do things this way. The prize on this is getting a short delay while I attempt to skim and make a decision on which one gets to be the winner. In the meantime I'll do a MUCH simpler contest for me to deal with. So, let's go with a second one.

Contest #2

This time the prize is for Wizorb by Tribute Games. Another game I'm giving away without owning but I decided it's the one, so here you go.

Oh, and I'll give out two this time because it's a bit cheaper.

The Rules

1) One entry per person

2) Twenty minutes for entries following this post.

3) If you entered the previous contest that I'm going over feel free to enter this one. I won't let you win both but I may give you first pick which of the two interests you more.

The Challenge

This was something I had planned before the last contest yet is almost exactly like one of the links provided. Do the following:

Write a sentence/story using words that begin with each of the letters in my username. I mean to say the first word starts with W, the second with I, the third with B, etc. You can shorten it to WIBBLE for six words or WIBBLEWOZZER for twelve words but deal with Zs. I leave that up to you.

There is no set topic or theme.

I gave games away last night so don't fear, I'm not giving up on the first contest, just give me...some time. Ugh.

Add me on Steam if you please. ID is Wibblewozzer.

I have 44 games and I think that's an insane amount.

44 is much? I have 95 installable items in my library list, after 5-6 years as a Steam user. It really isn´t that hard to get to.

Civ 4 collection is 8 items thanks to double listings.
Orange Box is like 7 items.
Sam&Max Season 3 that I added just for TF2 items i 5 items.
Mount&Blade being 3 items.
DOTA2 beta, TF2 Beta.
Deus Ex DLC showing up as a separata item.
Etc.

Sianos

Looks like I won the last vote.

And with that, I give myself to the embrace of sleep! See you all tomorrow as we dive in to our new games
await midweek madness!

This sale and thread were truly amazing! <3 you all, SteamGAF!

And with FO3:GotY at $5 I'm done. Great sale, I shudder to tally what I spent. On the plus side, the next sale won't be as devastating as I backfilled a lot of games I had on the 360 but not the PC.

AlexBasch

Okay, Fallout won. Again.

Wish me luck gentlemen, I gotta spend this money on something and hopefully it will be SR3, if not, F3 GOTY, double dipping yeah.

deroli

Just bought Bully as my last game for the sale. I hadn't enough money in my account left for The Walking Dead, otherwise I would at least have taken a look at that game.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the outcome of the steam sale. I spent something between 50 or 60€ for over a dozen games. It's a nice mix of racing games, adventures and open world action games; big franchises and to me formerly unknown indie titles.
And I bought Civ III lol. I know I don't have the time to play it but for 1,24€ I HAD NO CHANCE TO DECLINE THIS OFFER! But my other purchases will keep me entertained for months (until the next sale begins)

gabbo

Okay, no more entries! And I have no idea how I'm going to get through these entries. Seriously, linking an hour long video? Do you guys ever want to actually get a prize out of this!?

So I'll do things this way. The prize on this is getting a short delay while I attempt to skim and make a decision on which one gets to be the winner. In the meantime I'll do a MUCH simpler contest for me to deal with. So, let's go with a second one.

Contest #2

This time the prize is for Wizorb by Tribute Games. Another game I'm giving away without owning but I decided it's the one, so here you go.

Oh, and I'll give out two this time because it's a bit cheaper.

The Rules

1) One entry per person

2) Twenty minutes for entries following this post.

3) If you entered the previous contest that I'm going over feel free to enter this one. I won't let you win both but I may give you first pick which of the two interests you more.

The Challenge

This was something I had planned before the last contest yet is almost exactly like one of the links provided. Do the following:

Write a sentence/story using words that begin with each of the letters in my username. I mean to say the first word starts with W, the second with I, the third with B, etc. You can shorten it to WIBBLE for six words or WIBBLEWOZZER for twelve words but deal with Zs. I leave that up to you.

There is no set topic or theme.

I gave games away last night so don't fear, I'm not giving up on the first contest, just give me...some time. Ugh.

Add me on Steam if you please. ID is Wibblewozzer.

Only if you accept the invitation I sent you with the first contest

Why is Billy blasting little enemies with only zero zones emptied, Roger?

Top Bottom