• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Great sale, all things considered. Kinda wish there were summer achievements rewarded with game content like last year. That what got me into buying some of the games.

Tukker

I recommend Stacking. I haven't played it myself yet but damn I watched some videos and it looks tons of fun! I'll be sure to pick it up later today.

gabbo

As my first summer sale as a GAF member, this place is nuts. So different from being a lurker (especially with Livethread active all bloody week). So much entertainment I missed out on lurking.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
It's been fun! Wish I came in earlier, I honestly had no idea there was a sale till around day 5, but still.

My tally of bought games for myself.

Just Cause 2 $4.99
Dear Esther $2.49

Total = $7.48.

Thanks to everyone for making this an enjoyable few days. The generosity in this thread has been awesome.

Personal thanks go to Dacvak for HL2 Episode 1 via the Haiku Competion and thanks to The Grim Heaper for gifting me HL2 Episode 2 after I missed out on a free giveaway.

I'm out. Nightshift in 2 hrs and I haven't slept all day!

*que music*

aS4Ro.jpg

Platy

Okay, no more entries! And I have no idea how I'm going to get through these entries. Seriously, linking an hour long video? Do you guys ever want to actually get a prize out of this!?

So I'll do things this way. The prize on this is getting a short delay while I attempt to skim and make a decision on which one gets to be the winner. In the meantime I'll do a MUCH simpler contest for me to deal with. So, let's go with a second one.

Contest #2

This time the prize is for Wizorb by Tribute Games. Another game I'm giving away without owning but I decided it's the one, so here you go.

Oh, and I'll give out two this time because it's a bit cheaper.

The Rules

1) One entry per person

2) Twenty minutes for entries following this post.

3) If you entered the previous contest that I'm going over feel free to enter this one. I won't let you win both but I may give you first pick which of the two interests you more.

The Challenge

This was something I had planned before the last contest yet is almost exactly like one of the links provided. Do the following:

Write a sentence/story using words that begin with each of the letters in my username. I mean to say the first word starts with W, the second with I, the third with B, etc. You can shorten it to WIBBLE for six words or WIBBLEWOZZER for twelve words but deal with Zs. I leave that up to you.

There is no set topic or theme.

I gave games away last night so don't fear, I'm not giving up on the first contest, just give me...some time. Ugh.

Add me on Steam if you please. ID is Wibblewozzer.

Thank you pink unicorn that we are on English !

While I babble 'bout long eternal wonders of zero zebra's entrangled relationship

...I can do better =P

What information becomes because leeches emotionaly wanders on zoo's zone enlisting rabbits

...meh

Retne

Well I went ahead and grabbed Ys: Oath, VVVVVV, and MtG: 2013. I should be set for games for a looooong time. It's a shame the lego games didn't go on sale but hopefully WB will throw them up on the winter sale.

j-wood

Great sale. All in all in ended up with about 18 games, spent only $90 dollars ($50 of which came from selling some old console games at gamestop). The total value of those 18 games, had I purchased at regular price, came out to roughly $380 dollars. Insane.

Great sale. All in all in ended up with about 18 games, spent only $90 dollars ($50 of which came from selling some old console games at gamestop). The total value of those 18 games, had I purchased at regular price, came out to roughly $380 dollars. Insane.

EA: OMG Steam is devaluing IP

HiiiLife

I can't decide. Only got 7.60 left. Should I buy Blood Money or Max Payne 1 & 2 and a cheap 2 dollar game? The thing is I played the shit out of the Max Payne series. A lot more than Hitman. And i absolutely love both franchises.

Help me decide GAF. Opinions?

TheChits

Finished up by purchasing the Penumbra bundle and Call of Cthulhu. Total spent was around 80 dollars. The sale came right after I built my first gaming pc, so I'm pretty happy that I didn't get too carried away.

Cth

Okay, no more entries! And I have no idea how I'm going to get through these entries. Seriously, linking an hour long video? Do you guys ever want to actually get a prize out of this!?

So I'll do things this way. The prize on this is getting a short delay while I attempt to skim and make a decision on which one gets to be the winner. In the meantime I'll do a MUCH simpler contest for me to deal with. So, let's go with a second one.

Contest #2

This time the prize is for Wizorb by Tribute Games. Another game I'm giving away without owning but I decided it's the one, so here you go.

The Rules

1) One entry per person

3) If you entered the previous contest that I'm going over feel free to enter this one. I won't let you win both but I may give you first pick which of the two interests you more.

The Challenge

This was something I had planned before the last contest yet is almost exactly like one of the links provided. Do the following:

Write a sentence/story using words that begin with each of the letters in my username. I mean to say the first word starts with W, the second with I, the third with B, etc. You can shorten it to WIBBLE for six words or WIBBLEWOZZER for twelve words but deal with Zs. I leave that up to you.

I gave games away last night so don't fear, I'm not giving up on the first contest, just give me...some time. Ugh.

Well, I believe balloons look evil.

RC

Banned
New Vegas is calling my name. Must resist the urge, I didn't like Fallout 3, probably won't like this either, but it supposedly has a better story, my biggest qualm with the previous game. At least I have nine hours to decide.

And I'm going to put this out here one more time, only have 4 friends on steam, its quite pathetic. http://steamcommunity.com/id/rc_3k/

Also is there a way to gift a game already in your library? I've been sitting on a copy of Oblivion game of the year edition for years and have been itching to give it away.

Fou-Lu

Contest #2

The Rules

1) One entry per person

The Challenge

We ink broad bubbles, linking ever wider oval zealous zipcodes. End recording.

MadeWell

Contest #2

The Rules

1) One entry per person

The Challenge

Why Is Ben's brain leaking Evil

Koroviev

I'm not going to tally the cost (for my health), but here's what I picked up:

steam_summer2012.png

Kind thanks to the GAFers who gifted me Borderlands, Torchlight, and...Garshasp (not pictured) <_<

I also gifted a few copies of PixelJunk Eden. All in all, an unexpectedly good sale!

Cth

I'm not going to tally the cost (for my health), but here's what I picked up:

steam_summer2012.png

Kind thanks to the GAFers who gifted me Borderlands, Torchlight, and...Garshasp (not pictured) <_<

I also gifted a few copies of PixelJunk Eden. All in all, an unexpectedly good sale!

Wow nice gifting!

Top Bottom