• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Type2

Well steam summer sale gaf it was fun, I managed to resist the prince of persia bundle from yesterday but I still exceeded my budget.

My shame:
Ys oath
Ys origin
oddbox
divinity 2
botanical
Morrowwind
Vampire masquerades
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Tales of Monkey Island Bundle
Far Cry 2 Fortunes Pack
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Collection
Crysis Bundle
Dungeon Defenders
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition
Fallout: New Vegas Complete
Alan wake
The longest journey
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate
Grand Theft Auto IV
Company of Heroes Complete
Dead Space 2
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Mirror's Edge
F.E.A.R Complete Series
Dear Esther
Universe Sandbox
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
Oil Rush
Botanicula,
Splice
BIT.TRIP BEAT
Runespell: Overture
Bunch Of Heroes
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.

GOOD LORD.....I dont even know when I bought some of this stuff.
Anyway figured id leave my steam account one last time since im lacking friends
add me steam: hatemehnow.

Herb

Banned
I'm looking for a GOOD but very far fetched game, something I'm unlikely to have heard of. Don't mind about the genre, but it has to be on sale for more than 50%. Any suggestions?

Mr. F

Banned
First Steam Sale, very happy with my haul;

- Fallout 3: Complete
- Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate
- Hitman: Blood Money
- Frozen Synapse
- Magicka
- Terraria

$22.46

Still have $12.50 in my Steam wallet, contemplating maybe Company of Heroes or Galactic Civilizations II.

Koroviev

First Steam Sale, very happy with my haul;

- Fallout 3: Complete
- Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate
- Hitman: Blood Money
- Frozen Synapse
- Magicka
- Terraria

$22.46

Still have $12.50 in my Steam wallet, contemplating maybe Company of Heroes or Galactic Civilizations II.

Ys. You need Ys.

AlexBasch

Screw it, bought the Max Payne bundle and double dipped on Fallout 3 GOTY. I felt that those "$10.02" remaining were mocking me or something for not being used on anything else and that will be pretty much useless after this.

Or until winter, but that's another story.

Shaneus

Out of all the open world, Bethesda open-worldy-type games, New Vegas is supposed to be the best, yeah? If not, the most accessible? Because I never got into Oblivion or Morrowind on Xbox/360, but I keep hearing good shit about New Vegas.

Or do I go Fallout 3?

Link Man

Banned
Well, seeing that the final flash deals are up, time to finish this sale.

iEraqUB4AQnb2.png

And a big thanks to all who sent me gifts:

Cleofis, who has yet to post on GAF (to the best of my knowledge), sent me Assassin's Creed II for winning an IRC raffle.

Cloudius12, who rewarded my luck with Just Cause 2.

Myke Greywolf, who sent me Ys: The Oath in Felghana at the last moment, rewarding my patience.

Fun sale, though it kind of fizzled out after the first weekend. Onward to the next sale!

yogloo

What a great sale! Spent about $250 in total. I was hoping that the dreamcast collection would go on the daily but it didn't happen. I guess I just have to be content with playing lots and lots of new games.
But did I miss the encore sale or something? Not that I have anything else to buy, but just wondering.

Special thanks to I h8 memes who died for our sins.

Lemonte

I didn't buy many games this year but I'm pretty happy overall what I bought.

Splinter Cell Conviction
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Dirt
Driver San Francisco
Cave Story+
Mirror's Edge
Q.U.B.E.
Metro 2033

total cost ~20€

I regret buying Driver SF because of screen freezes all the time but by blocking it with a firewall problem goes away. Thank you ubisoft for you DRM. Also couldn't get Dirt to work. When I start it I only get black screen and program doesn't answer. Haven't tried other games yet, hopefully they work.

AlexBasch

Out of all the open world, Bethesda open-worldy-type games, New Vegas is supposed to be the best, yeah? If not, the most accessible? Because I never got into Oblivion or Morrowind on Xbox/360, but I keep hearing good shit about New Vegas.

Or do I go Fallout 3?
Vegas, definitely.

I like 3, and I bought it just now to replay a great game that I really liked, but all in all, NV felt a lot better. Better characters, writing, and now aiming actually works, I rarely used VATS in there.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
My final haul:

Zeno Clash
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Ys Oath in Felghana
Saint's Row TT Season pass
Syberia Bundle
Hard Reset

all for $25.54

I'm thinking about getting Fallout 3 GOTY, but I already got Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition, so I'm in doubt if it's worth it, what do you think?

Martian

I might have done some unexpected impulse shopping:

Total list:

Shogun 2: Total War
Alan Wake Complete
Fallout 3: GOTY
Fallout: New Vegas Complete
Tropico 3
Just Cause 2
AC: Revelations
Dear Esther
The Witcher 2
The Walking Dead
Saint's Row 3

Total damage: 98,50€

So no new games for me for a while!
I have the biggest backlog I have ever had.

And I can't even play them! My laptop is being repaired....

AlexBasch

Not sure why, but I bought Tropico 3 with my remaining cash and a little extra I had in my card.

Yay?

This would make:

Dead Island - $9.99
Splinter Cell Conviction - $4.99
Max Payne Bundle - $3.74
Fallout 3 GOTY - $4.99
Tropico 3 - $3.39

$27 dollars for total damage. I'm hoping to get Skyrim and Max Payne 3 for the winter, hopefully with a better discount, too!

And got Old World Blues for NV and Saint's Row 3 from a very, very dear friend.

Not too bad I guess.

Awesome. I understand it's a little more closed off or focused as well? I dunno. Anyway, like I said... these games have never really grabbed me, but I haven't invested more than a few hours in them. I think NV might be the ticket (and it'd have to have less bugs in it than what I heard were in FO3).
I didn't encounter any bugs and the mods are quite awesome, there's one for creating weather conditions in the game (sudden raining and sandstorms) and my choices did feel like they mattered more than F3. There are a lot of ways to clear a quest, that's definitely a greater point for me.

Hope you enjoy it!

Minion101

Banned
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack
F.E.A.R.: Ultimate Shooter Edition
Portal 2
Renegade Ops + all DLC
Duke Nukem Forever + all DLC From Amazon

Total 35.67

That's a lot considering I expected to buy nothing.

If any gaf want to add me my Profile name is Ozonekill

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ozonekill

Shaneus

Vegas, definitely.

I like 3, and I bought it just now to replay a great game that I really liked, but all in all, NV felt a lot better. Better characters, writing, and now aiming actually works, I rarely used VATS in there.
Awesome. I understand it's a little more closed off or focused as well? I dunno. Anyway, like I said... these games have never really grabbed me, but I haven't invested more than a few hours in them. I think NV might be the ticket (and it'd have to have less bugs in it than what I heard were in FO3).

Thanks for the tip!

Thrakier

Thanks for the tip!

DonÄt buy it, it's a bad game.

I'll finally get my hands on Stacking today but disappointed the Lego games didn't get much of a discount. I wouldn't have minded picking up Walking Dead but $15 is still a bit too much.

Ledsen

Thanks for the tip!

If you like world exploration, Fallout 3 has way more interesting environments and hidden stuff than New Vegas. To me, Morrowind is the very best Bethesda game, with FO3 second and Skyrim a very close third. Haven't finished NV so I won't rate it. Oblivion is by far the worst one I've played.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I asked earlier today, but i remember seeing someone in the last thread say they had Red Orchestra 2 guest passes. Can anyone spare one for me? I want to try it out since i regret not jumping on it when it was a daily a couple days ago.

Mr. F

Banned
I'll finally get my hands on Stacking today but disappointed the Lego games didn't get much of a discount. I wouldn't have minded picking up Walking Dead but $15 is still a bit too much.

Yeah I've been wanting to get into Walking Dead to experience it along with everyone else since the hype's pretty high, but I'm alright with waiting until the season is through and on sale for cheaper.

Ys. You need Ys.

Been hearing a lot of buzz about Ys, but what makes it good? From the few gameplay videos I've watched it doesn't really look up my alley.

Yeah I've been wanting to get into Walking Dead to experience it along with everyone else since the hype's pretty high, but I'm alright with waiting until the season is through and on sale for cheaper.

Yeah that's it. Come the Christmas sale it should be a decent enough price.

Here's my Christmas in July haul.

Galactic Civilizations II
Street Fighter X Tekken - Whaa oh no I didn't, wait yes I did! Thanks to NGT for this one
Bulletstorm
Fallout New Vegas: Courier's Stash
Portal 2
Fallout: New Vegas x2
Thief Bundle 2012
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
RAGE
Prince of Persia
Left 4 Dead 2
EUIII Chronicles - Thanks Tony
Mount and Blade: Warband - Thanks again Tony
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Blood Pack DLC
The Last Remnant

The library is looking pretty good now, looking forward to exploring these soon.

Type2

Ys origin is kicking my ass right now, those red demons to get through the demon door are taking forever to kill!
also thanks for the adds on steam everyone!

Katoki

Thankful I gave up on the bigger titles over the $10 mark after a while since for me it was all hype and not much else. In the end, I ended up just playing the indie games I picked up.

Need bigger ships in SPAZ really badly.
LLShC.gif

Ostinatto

alan wake
bioshock
broken sword
broken sword 2
broken sword 3
dear esther
deus ex human revolution
skyrim
gta iv + liberty city
just cause 2
L.A. Noire
max payne
Simcity 4 Deluxe edition
vampire: the masquerade - bloodlines
the witcher EE
the witcher 2 EE

$119,46

iHhzDPPVOAKh2.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I can't stop singing the Bastion ending theme... :_:

Xater

Don't be silly. Just wait until the next sale and then we get to do it all over again.

But but I am actually playing the games I bought. I even finished some of them.

Still pissed Analogue and Splice never got 75% off. The price for those games is alright at the moment but I can't spend any more money right now. Bought a new camera for my vacation and the vacation costs money as well.

Top Bottom