• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Flunkie

Banned
5ikar.png

wasn't there a 3rd contest or has my mind totally shut down by this point?

I believe I mentioned I was going to do three but I only posted two. I did say that in lieu of a third contest I instead just gave out three copies of the second contest prize because it's getting late, I have to wake up in six hours for work, and I still have some non GAF things to get done before I sleep.

So yeah...not a third contest, sorry. I had intended to do so but I really should be heading out soon.

I still need to get around to buying a few more games for myself, actually. I'm getting laid off in eight days and will have some time to finally play more games. Oh boy!

gabbo

Last I checked it was still a pain in the ass to use a controller with, and the graphics are awful and the controls overall are awful

No

I used a keyboard and mouse. No idea if controller has issues.
Controls aren't bad, and the graphics are what I expected from an Iranian indie team.

gabbo

I believe I mentioned I was going to do three but I only posted two. I did say that in lieu of a third contest I instead just gave out three copies of the second contest prize because it's getting late, I have to wake up in six hours for work, and I still have some non GAF things to get done before I sleep.

So yeah...not a third contest, sorry. I had intended to do so but I really should be heading out soon.

I still need to get around to buying a few more games for myself, actually. I'm getting laid off in eight days and will have some time to finally play more games. Oh boy!

it's all good. I can sleep now that you've completed your contest, and at this point my brain is already ahead of my body in tat department. Thanks again for Wizorb

This sale hasn't even come close to the Winter one for me personally, but it's cool, I just appreciate the fact that we get these kinds of sales at all. I think I bought about 150 games during winter, this one maybe 15? Let me see...

Witcher 2
Walking Dead
Jagged Alliance: BiA
Crusader Kings II
Stacking
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Age of Empires Summer Bundle
Dead Rising 2: OTR
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Vessel
Who Wants to be a Millionaire
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Tribes Ascend Starter Pack
Turbocross bundle (SMNC)
Shogun 2 Blood pack DLC

I bought Saints Row the Third as a gift, I'm not sure whether I'll actually play it, but $9.79 is a pretty amazing price for the whole bundle. I also bought a couple of games on Amazon: Fifa 12 and Binary Domain, as well as prepurchased Dark Souls on GMG.

Not a bad haul, I wish F1 went on sale, but I guess I'll need to wait until winter.

*Grand total was about $160.

catabarez

Is anyone else having problems getting a controller to work with Dreamfall: The Longest Journey? I'm using a PS3 controller with MotioninJoy.

I am glad this sale is closing up, time to assess the damage!

Portal 2- $4.99
Half Life Complete - $9.99
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY - $6.79
Batman Arkham City - $10.19
Thief Bundle 2012 - $6.74
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle - $11.19
Amnesia: The Dark Descent - $4.99
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - $4.99
Just Cause 2 - $3.74

Total - $63.61

I had a $50 budget in mind, but I clearly decided to go over. This was my first major Steam sale, despite the fact I have been shopping off Steam for almost three years now.

ASilva

Neo Member
My damages

Legend of Grimrock 4,39 €
Total War: Shogun 2 6,12 €
Total War: Shogun 2 Blood Pack DLC 0,78 €
Warlock: Master of the Arcane 5,88 €
Trine 2 3,24 €
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 4,99 €
Assassins Creed Revelations 11,71 €
Alan Wake Collection 8,99 €
Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb 0,49 €
Q.U.B.E. 2,74 €
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition 2,05 €
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet 3,07 €
Driver San Francisco 4,99 €

Total: 59,44 €

Not bad, didn't go over my 68€ limit I had on paypal

LuuKyK

How comes I can't find myself on steam to post the link here? lol I am dumb.

Anyway, just search for Luuukyk and you shall find me. Feel free to add! Have to go now. x_x

FtHTiny

Braid
Beyond Good and Evil
Recettear
AoE: complete
Cave Story+
Ys: Oath
Ys: Origin
Dead Island
SR:3 dlc
batman dlc
Bindings of Isaac
PoP 2008
Alice
ssf:ae

So it´s around 60€ for me.
Was an okay sale and got almost everything i wanted. (except alpha protocol)
Almost all of it is covered with diablo 3 money so i guess it is okay.

dosh

My damages

Legend of Grimrock 4,39 €
Total War: Shogun 2 6,12 €
Total War: Shogun 2 Blood Pack DLC 0,78 €
Warlock: Master of the Arcane 5,88 €
Trine 2 3,24 €
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 4,99 €
Assassins Creed Revelations 11,71 €
Alan Wake Collection 8,99 €
Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb 0,49 €
Q.U.B.E. 2,74 €
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition 2,05 €
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet 3,07 €
Driver San Francisco 4,99 €

Total: 59,44 €

Not bad, didn't go over my 68€ limit I had on paypal

Shogun 2 and Isaac alone are worth hours of gaming. Nice haul.

dot

If this thread is still alive tomorrow morning i would like to do a word puzzle giveaway. I gots Wizorb (yes this is the same gift i got from Toki :p) and Terraria(everyone and their mothers on my friend list either has it already or they don't have it on their wishlist, so i'm giving it to someone here).

I'm tired right now though so i'mma sleep.

Toki767

An awesome friend gifted me SR3 complete.

Now I feel like an absolute idiot for not buying Portal 2 when it was $4.99.

Don't feel too bad. Portal 2 is one of those games that will probably go on sale again before the next big sale.

If this thread is still alive tomorrow morning i would like to do a word puzzle giveaway. I gots Wizorb (yes this is the same gift i got from Toki :p) and Terraria(everyone and their mothers on my friend list either has it already or they don't have it on their wishlist, so i'm giving it to someone here).

I'm tired right not though so i'mma sleep.

If I'm awake I shall participate and try to win my gift back!
Or just play for fun.

AlexBasch

Don't feel too bad. Portal 2 is one of those games that will probably go on sale again before the next big sale.
Yeah, you're right. Still I was saving money for something I really wanted and well, shit. :p

magawolaz

PixelJunk Eden + Soundtrack
Patrician III
Audiosurf
Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack
Dear Esther
Trine Bundle
Dinner Date
Binding of Isaac Bundle

+ (from the BaB2)
The Tiny Bang Story
Syberia 2
Alien Breed: Impact

+ (gifted from fellow Gaffer jarosh)
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2 Episode 1

Total: €25

I'll probably buy both Half-Life and Episode 2 in a few hours, so add another 7€ to the total.

EDIT: Steam ID on my profile, if anyone wants to add me.

Top Bottom