• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Dingotech

Woot thanks for the link to The Last Remnant sale at GMG.

DON'T FORGET TO APPLY THIS CODE AS WELL! - ['COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1']

You can get The Last Remnant for $3.00 then!

EDIT - Oh I see posts now about the 20% code... carry on. :D

Which of the Fallout:NV DLCs is worth picking up while it's on sale?

I'll probably nab two. Seems like Old World Blues and Lonesome Road are the most popular.

Which of the Fallout:NV DLCs is worth picking up while it's on sale?

I'll probably nab two. Seems like Old World Blues and Lonesome Road are the most popular.

All the NV DLC is well worth the price. Its worth noting that all the DLC has an over-arching story the finishes with Lonesome Road. If you plan to buy the DLC play the other ones first preferably Dead Money---> Honest Hearts---> Old World Blues.

I'm curious does GMG charge preorder at sale or when the game goes live?

is there anything GMG can do for someone who just bought the game yesterday? I got it 11:30 last night.

Normally I wouldn't care too much but I can't get the game to run so I kinda regret my purchase >_>

ImRight

Alright It's Final No more purchases No matter what i Bow out, Gabens Will be DONE!, Im Dollars From the Cardboard Box guy >.< Lol

First steam sale with New/Good PC in 5 Years, First time Gaf, Yes i went OTT

No i wont play anywhere near all of them Before next sale, I dont think

Game Title

01 Alan Wake
02 Alan Wake's American Nightmare
03 Arma II: Operation Arrowhead
04 Assassin's Creed 2
05 Assassin's Creed Revelations
06 Assassin&#8217;s Creed® Brotherhood
07 Bastion
08 Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition
09 BioShock® 2
10 BioShock&#8482;
11 Borderlands
12 Bulletstorm&#8482;
13 Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
14 Colin McRae DiRT 2
15 Company of Heroes
16 Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
17 Dead Island
18 Dear Esther
19 Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
20 Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
21 Fallout: New Vegas
22 Far Cry® 2: Fortune's Edition
23 Frozen Synapse
24 Grand Theft Auto IV
25 Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
27 Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
28 Just Cause 2
29 Left 4 Dead 2
30 Magicka
31 Metro 2033 --------------------------------------------- GMG
32 Mount & Blade: Warband -------------------------------Amazon,/ Tony :D THX
33 Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
34 PAYDAY&#8482; The Heist
35 Pixeljunk Eden
36 Plants vs. Zombies
37 Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands&#8482;
38 Prince of Persia®
39 Prince of Persia®: The Sands of Time
40 Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones&#8482;
41 Prince of Persia: Warrior Within&#8482;
41 Q.U.B.E.
43 S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
44 Saints Row: The Third
45 Serious Sam 3: BFE
50 Sniper Elite V2 ------------------------------------------Amazon
51 Stacking
52 Terraria
53 The Binding of Isaac
54 The Longest Journey
55 The Walking Dead
56 The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium Edition
57 The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
58 Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
59 Torchlight 2 Pre Order 4 Pack (host)
60 Trine 2
61 Vessel
62 Ys: The Oath in Felghana
E: TC HawX 2

I Can Haz Games? Spend (~$300, dont wanna add) :p, 'Save ~$740' 'the important figure'

Gifted to others,

Bioshock 2
Bastion
Torchlight
Bioshock 2
Torchlight
Bioshock 2
Bastion

~$30

All the NV DLC is well worth the price. Its worth noting that all the DLC has an over-arching story the finishes with Lonesome Road. If you plan to buy the DLC play the other ones first preferably Dead Money---> Honest Hearts---> Old World Blues.

I'm curious does GMG charge preorder at sale or when the game goes live?

Ah, wasn't aware of that. Wish I could just pay five bucks to upgrade to the ultimate edition!

Ah, wasn't aware of that. Wish I could just pay five bucks to upgrade to the ultimate edition!

You could skip them and go straight into Lonesome Road. It would make perfect sense, but there is a certain payoff after encountering all these NPCs who know about another equally capable courier and when you finally meet him at the end of Lonesome Road it becomes this big deal for the player. He sort of takes on a mythical status.

So is TLR actually a good game worth spending the time on? I like JRPGs, but the demo didn't impress me much.
Yes. Yes, it is. Some battles later on are intense and extremely satisfying when you win. If you enjoy that feeling at all, get this. It gives you a damn good challenge, and the music definitely adds to the experience. This track plays later in the game when your morale drops to red. That playing while you're losing pumps you up to do better. In fact, the music changing depending on your morale is awesome.

The demo is really only a small taste. You'll get to have fun managing all your different party members with different formations and all the abilities/spells, etc., as the game goes on. And finding most of your party members through sidequests is surprisingly satisfying. I cannot recommend this game enough. You will not regret it for $3.74

Alright It's Final No more purchases No matter what i Bow out, Gabens Will be DONE!, Im Dollars From the Cardboard Box guy >.< Lol

~$30
Make an exception for The Last remnant! <3 GMG does not equal Gaben! You'll still keep your promise!

You could skip them and go straight into Lonesome Road. It would make perfect sense, but there is a certain payoff after encountering all these NPCs who know about another equally capable courier and when you finally meet him at the end of Lonesome Road it becomes this big deal for the player. He sort of takes on a mythical status.

I think I'll just close out this sale with a bang and just buy them all. I'd rather not regret it later.

Firebrand

Yes. Yes, it is. Some battles later on are intense and extremely satisfying when you win. If you enjoy that feeling at all, get this. It gives you a damn good challenge, and the music definitely adds to the experience. This track plays later in the game when your morale drops to red. That playing while you're losing pumps you up to do better. In fact, the music changing depending on your morale is awesome.

The demo is really only a small taste. You'll get to have fun managing your party members with different formations and all the abilities/spells. I cannot recommend this game enough. You will not regret it for $3.74
Hmm... formations and stuff sounds interesting. I'll consider picking it up then, thanks.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My final tally

Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb - $0.74 (I already beat 5 of the new challenges)
BIT.TRIP.BEAT - $2.49 (Haven't played it yet)
Qube - $3.74 (3.5 hours to beat it and get 100% Achievements)
Torchlight - $3.74 (I don't think I'm getting the next one)

Total - $10.71
Total Savings - $32.25
Total % off - 75%

I wanted more but I know there's no need to get them before the next sale.

Owensboro

Question to you people about your "savings": Is there a tab on the Steam Store where it lists that, or are you just manually using Excel or something to keep track. I'm all curious about how much I have saved (since I know how much I spent).

And damn it, I thought I was done but this TLR sale got me right back. Too bad the site is getting hammered at the moment.

Volcynika

Hm, Final Tally (counting OMD2 pre-order since I purchased during the sale):

Purchases for myself

Alan Wake American Nightmare -- $3.74
The Walking Dead -- $14.99
Orcs Must Die 2 Pre-Order -- $22.49
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers -- $5.99
Risen -- $4.99
Vessel -- $3.74
Arma II: Combined Operations -- $17.99
Storm in a Teacup, Adventures of Shuggy -- $7.48

Gifts to others

Batman: Arkham City -- $10.19
FEAR 2: Project Origin -- $3.74
Dear Esther -- $2.49
Ys Origin -- $7.99
Alan Wake Bundle -- $9.99
Alice: Madness Returns, From Dust, Sonic Generations, Binding of Isaac Bundle -- $26.15
Darksiders -- $4.99
Trine 2 -- $3.74

Total: $150.69

Gifts to me from others

Blades of Time
Thief II
Thief Gold
Offspring Fling
Stacking
Clones
Analogue: A Hate Story

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Question to you people about your "savings": Is there a tab on the Steam Store where it lists that, or are you just manually using Excel or something to keep track. I'm all curious about how much I have saved (since I know how much I spent).

And damn it, I thought I was done but this TLR sale got me right back. Too bad the site is getting hammered at the moment.
You have to manually do it. I went back and did mine a few posts up and realized I only bought stuff that was 75% off. :D

The_Monk

Volcynika if you ever try the Analogue: A Hate Story hit me up with some impressions, since I was curious about this game because I don't think I've never played something in this style before.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
so in the end, Quantum Conundrum and A.R.E.S. were my final purchases of the sale... considering how much I spent, surely there won't be much for me to buy next sale!

lol, the amount of money spent on these sales has been steadily increasing D:

Volcynika

Volcynika if you ever try the Analogue: A Hate Story hit me up with some impressions, since I was curious about this game because I don't think I've never played something in this style before.

Since apparently it's not super lengthy, I can probably get to it sometime within a week or so.

ShaneB

Cracked on Arma 2/Day Z last night just before it ended. And now I'm going to buy Last Remnant, so thanks for that link and a reminder of the coupon, couldn't remember what it was!

My Steam Wallet was 100$ for this, but I know my wallet has been emptied for more than that with sales from everywhere this past few weeks :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Snagged the LucasArts-published Lego titles as my absolutely-for-real-this-time-no-stop-touching-my-wallet-gaben final purchases of the sale. WB has Aussie Taxed Batman and Harry Potter, so they can wait until the Winter/Christmas sale (assuming they don't go on sale sooner).

Edit: Oh, wait, the WB games aren't Aussie Taxed, just poorly discounted.

Edit 2: Upon further inspection, the Harry Potter games are Aussie Taxed, but the Batman games aren't.

bigace33

Wow, what a great sale, and a magnificent OT. A bit down that Gaf and the Steam community chose NV as the last vote deal. I was hoping to get Alan Wake American Nightmare at the -75% price. Other than that I had a blast, thanks to all the Gaffers for making this the best sale of my short steam/Gaf career.

Top Bottom