• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
But that would be frowned upon, I believe.
I don't even know what that word means, but it's scaring me so ._. can anyone else buy the game for DeadFalling please?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Can anyone please get TLR for me through GMG? All my game money is in my Steam Wallet. I'll trade a game of around the same price to you through Steam. I really, really, REALLY want TLR.

Nobody? :(

I PM'd you a TLR Steam key, enjoy.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Still no summer camp task for the badge, I think I might cry after all this voting every day for all the others to be stuck at the last hurdle that is some silly join a group task.

I was hoping there would be something a little more exciting for the last day.

froliq

I'm probally going to buy fallout new vegas for 5 dollars thats a good game right? Or is it still a complete buggy mess?

Was fine for me during launch. Not sure what you mean with complete buggy mess, it had it's issues sure, but nothing mods can't fix now I assume.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
A question regarding the fallout games. Ive played both Fallout 3 and New vegas but ive not played any of the dlc's. Which of the two do you think i should get and obviously i would be getting the GOTY/Ultimate edition

That's a hard question to answer with a straight answer. It really depends on what you want out of the games.

My personal recommendation is New Vegas. The pragmatic answer is to start with Fallout 3 GOTY, as it is only $4.99 and comes with all its DLC.

The right answer is get both.

Sajjaja

I PM'd you a TLR Steam key, enjoy.
xelios.... you're too nice.
I'm probally going to buy fallout new vegas for 5 dollars thats a good game right? Or is it still a complete buggy mess?
I prefer Fallout 3, but GAF reveres Fallout New Vegas. It's not buggy from what I've played.
GAF please help. After 1pm the sale is over right? There is no "recap" that I've been hearing about? I want to buy one more thing!
Correct. No recap.

GAF please help. After 1pm the sale is over right? There is no "recap" that I've been hearing about? I want to buy one more thing!

Buy it now or don't. Winter is coming (and is it ever too early to start wondering when the Holiday sale is?)

A question regarding the fallout games. Ive played both Fallout 3 and New vegas but ive not played any of the dlc's. Which of the two do you think i should get and obviously i would be getting the GOTY/Ultimate edition

Just get both.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Grrr, checkout isn't working for me on GMG for TLR. Tried PayPal and my debit card, both just say they were unable to complete my order.

With Paypal it doesn't even get far enough for me to enter my PayPal information, though. Odd.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Grrr, checkout isn't working for me on GMG for TLR. Tried PayPal and my debit card, both just say they were unable to complete my order.

GMG is notorious for initially flagging accounts as "suspicious" and refusing checkouts with weird error messages.

Contact their support and they'll get is squared away quickly and it won't be a problem in the future.

Can anyone recommend some essential mods for New Vegas?

That-a-way: http://www.stage.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426315

I really wanted New Vegas but I used almost all my budget when it appeared on as a daily. I guess I'll wait for the Christmas sales.

I wish I had your self-control hehe.

I was really close to getting Skyrim and Max Payne 3 but after reviewing my spending, I feel way too guilty hehe.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I really needed this little surprise after the exam I just took.

I love this community <3.

OrwT2.png

andthebeatgoeson

Going to buy Fallout: New Vegas. Not a big RPG fan but have played some. Is the Ultimate Edition worth it, in the sense, that I won't enjoy the game without the add ons? I probably won't finish every nook and cranny of New Vegas. Probably only put in 30-40 hours and I can always get the DLC later. Is New Vegas good enough w/o the DLC and other stuff? Or, are they worth it soo much, I should get them and stop worrying about 5 bucks?

I know this is a weird thing to want out of a game, but I wish Wizorb had just a few less levels. Right around the 5 or 6 level mark is when the worlds got stale for me, and that's only the half way point for that world

Some of the maps are also a little iffy in design, with some blocks being super difficult to get, just sitting trying to aim the ball at the one single possible angle that allows you to win

guit3457

My damage so far:

Amazon:

Bioshock Pack

Nuuvem

The Witcher 2 (with the GOG backup copy)

Green Man Gaming

The Last Remnant (dat price)

Steam

Space Pirates and Zombies(SPAZ)
Torchlight
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Driver: San Francisco
Galactic Civilizations II
Empire: Total War (ROW)
Stacking
Dear Esther
Red Faction Guerrilla
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Five
FEAR Complete Pack (ROW)
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Saints Row: The Third - Season Pass DLC Pack
Frozen Synapse: Soundtrack Edition
Plants vs. Zombies
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Trine 2

EUIII Chronicles
Mount and Blade: Warband (Thanks Tony for both games!)

Nimbus and Hard reset are on hold.

Origin

SimCity V preorder (Origin India awesomeness XD)
Battlefield 3 Premium (look up)
Need For Speed Most Wanted ( look up )
Need For Speed the Run (5€ Origin Spain)

And I think I will preorder medal of Honor Warfighter, C&C Generals 2 from Origin India (21€ each one, the same price that Crysis 3 and Dead Space have XDDDD )

Very happy with the sales. This is my profile (great threads btw):

http://steamcommunity.com/id/guit3457

The list:

Trine collection
Half Life 2 collection
Metro 2033 (from GMG)
Bookworm Adventures Deluxe 1 & 2
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
The Last Remnant (from GMG)
Shadow Dancer for the Sega Genesis

Probably less than $50 U.S. total.

Going to buy Fallout: New Vegas. Not a big RPG fan but have played some. Is the Ultimate Edition worth it, in the sense, that I won't enjoy the game without the add ons? I probably won't finish every nook and cranny of New Vegas. Probably only put in 30-40 hours and I can always get the DLC later. Is New Vegas good enough w/o the DLC and other stuff? Or, are they worth it soo much, I should get them and stop worrying about 5 bucks?

Get the ultimate edition. Base game $5 + all dlc $5 now vs. Base game $5 + all dlc 12$ later.

Top Bottom