• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Spazo

I'm unable to add the voucher for TLR. I put the voucher code then click use and nothing happend

anyone with the same problem ?

edit: nvm it is working now !!

thx guys

Entropia

No One Remembers
Picked up the Saint's Row pack this morning before I left for work.

Total pickups:
Binding of Isaac - $2.23
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition - $9.99
Civilization Collection (Summer 2012) - $24.99
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack - $13.29

Total: $50.5

Not bad. I've put maybe a couple hours into Binding of Isaac (couldn't really get into it), and I logged 32'ish hours into Civ V since Friday night.

The_Monk

I just got Scratches, the trailer seems really good. I'm playing Lone Survivor and the game is truly great. Too bad many people won't give it a chance just because hur dur graphics

Lone Survivor was my Top game to get this sale and I kindly got it yesterday. Can't wait to start it. Still want to try Scratches. If you like it let me know.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I can't believe that Saints Row 3 is still mispriced. Crazy. Totally got me to buy it, though.

LuffyZoro

I'm actually having to dial back some settings in games like SR3, DX:HR, and Anno with my 570 :( (at 1080p). DX11 games roast my card. I try not to upgrade more often than every other generation though. Plus another hard drive is more of an emergency issue for me right now. 670GB used out of 700GB on my Steam drive.

Try my 9800GT. I'm just lucky I haven't run into any really major problems yet, but usually I have to play games on medium or less.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I can't believe that Saints Row 3 is still mispriced. Crazy. Totally got me to buy it, though.
It's not supposed to be 7,49 euro?

Wasn't planning to buy anything until Gaf starts linking the TLR at GMG. I caved so fast.

I more than double the amount of games in my steam library from this sale and gifts. Theres no way I'm gonna play or finish all of them before the next sale.

Max Payne Bundle: $3.74
Star Wars KOTOR: $2.49
Renegade Ops - Four Pack: $1.88
Borderlands GOTY: $7.49
Hitman Collection: $6.24
Fallout 3 GOTY: $4.99
Fallout NV Ultimate: $9.99
Dead Space Pack: $9.98
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Five: $9.99
F.E.A.R. Ultimate Shooter Edition: $2.49
Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack: $8.00
Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition: $4.99
Double Fine Bundle: $7.49
Super Meat Boy: $3.74
Bastion: $3.74
The Binding of Isaac: $1.24
Company of Heroes: $2.49
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale: $4.99
Chantelise - A Tale of Two Sisters: $2.49
Terraria: $2.49
Broken Sword - Trilogy pack: $2.50
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition: $7.49
Saints Row The Third: $9.99 (Amazon)
Plants vs. Zombies GOTY: $2.49
The Longest Journey: $2.49
Left 4 Dead 2 - Four Pack: $3.75
Tobe's Vertical Adventure: $1.24
Beyond Good and Evil: $2.49
Thief Gold: $2.49
Thief II: The Metal Age: $2.49
Portal 2: $4.99
Alan Wake Franchise: $9.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution $7.49
Driver: San Francisco - Deluxe Edition: $8.74
Far Cry Complete: $4.98
Morrowind GOTY: $4.99
Fable The Lost Chapters: $2.49
Trine Franchise: $4.99
PixelJunk Eden: $2.00
The Last Remnant: $3.00 (GMG) Damn you Gaf!!!

Total: $192.02
Total Games: 61
Average per game: $3.15

Gift:
Rock of Ages: $4.99

Went going into this sale with a budget of $60. That didn't last 3 days. Aimed for less than $100. Didn't last the next day. Aimed for less than $200. I did alright.
JaseC has everyone beat with his list. That's crazy.

evilhomer

I really do intend to play at least some of the games I've bought but all the talk about Crusader Kings 2 made me load up my old save and now I'm probably just going to get addicted to that again :/

kadotsu

Banned
zwischenablage01h0khx.jpg

Man, that took way too long.

Someone have the link to the search page in store (or to the steam forum topic) that had all the like $3 and under games? I can't seem to find it and I swore I bookmarked it.

Maybe it isn't a pricing error, but just a very shrewd decision by Volition or THQ or whoever sets the prices on behalf of Saints Row: The Third. The collection is the number 1 top seller on Steam right now, after all.

HoosTrax

Man, that took way too long.
I still have no idea why the game is so large.

The other, semi-random thing I'd like to point out is that the screenshots of Total War games always involve pretty looking closeups of the battles, but in practice, you're usually way zoomed out and looking at little people most of the time.

Geoff9920

I'll forgo this listing everything and just show the total spent...

Amazon: $82.45
Steam: $226.11

Total: $308.56

o_O

Well, there went part of my bonus from ealier this month. :p

Total: $70.62999

I'd say that for the price of 1 limited edition console game at launch, I did alright.

PCGAMING FTW, DOWN WITH CONSOLE PLEBS /lol
iWL5v9mxScVVh.png

Gibbo

so the Steam sale ends in 2 hours? Anyone has a good recommendation for flight sims? Have about 12 bucks in my wallet

Sysgen

Anyone with an AMD card thinking of picking up that SR3 franchise deal for $13.29 there are apparently some lingering issues but I gather from this that they're still working on them.

Word from the Volition team on AMD issues:

Hey everyone,

It's been a few months since Saints Row: The Third hit Steam and as you know an issue has come up where certain AMD/ATi GPU's are experiencing micro-stuttering and general performance drops on capable machines. This has mostly been seen with cards in the 5xxx or 6xxx range.

Our team has provided multiple patches and updates attempting to correct this issue by adjusting key parts of Saints Row: The Third at the guidance of AMD/ATi, and they have shown mild improvement. Those with SLI no longer see micro-stuttering, and based on our performance tests, we've been able to increase overall performance. For those with affected cards, we're still not up the level of quality we all expect from a Volition game, and we thank you for your patience as we work with AMD for a solution. As soon as we have more updates regarding this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks again,

VOLITION

HoosTrax

so the Steam sale ends in 2 hours? Anyone has a good recommendation for flight sims? Have about 12 bucks in my wallet
Casual:
HAWX

Hardcore:
IL-2 Sturmovik

Super-Hardcore:
DCS Blackshark, DCS A-10

Both Casual/Hardcore:
IL-2 Wings of Prey

Avoid:
MS Flight

mclem

I think it's atypical for the "The" to be counted when sorting alphabetically. Oblivion and Skyrim are sorted according to "E", instead of "T", for example ("The Elder Scrolls")

It always makes me do a double-take when trying to find Civilization, though. It's in the S section!

So you guys made me want to check how much I spent...

Gifts for random people
Saints Row the Third $12.49
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Preorder $9.99
FEAR Complete Pack (ROW) $5.99
Trine 2 $3.74

Gifted by Tony of Amazon for me :)

EUIII Chronicles
Mount and Blade: Warband
Saints Row: The Third - Special Ops Vehicle Pack Retail

Bought:

The Last Remnant $3.00 GMG
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (NCSA) $4.99
Bulletstorm $4.99
Need For Speed Shift 2, The Witcher 2 $20.98
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy - Four Pack $7.49
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $4.99
Batman 1 and 2 and Gotham City Impostors Bundle $24.99
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record $9.99
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition $4.99
Penumbra Collectors Pack, Cave Story+, Hard Reset: Extended edition $11
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate $9.99
Alice Madness Returns $4.99
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012) $9.99
Tomb Raider: Legend, Tomb Raider: Underworld, The Binding Of Isaac $8.72
Trine Bundle (Summer 2012) $4.99
Saints Row: The Third $12.49

Total = $182 - Average $5.37 per game, not bad at all to be honest.

Damn Im getting a lot of buyers remorse and I still want Max Payne 3 and Skyrim

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Try my 9800GT. I'm just lucky I haven't run into any really major problems yet, but usually I have to play games on medium or less.
Strangely, my 9800GTX+ managed to run Max Payne 3 at maximum graphics (sans AA) at 1920x1080, with a great performance. Don't know the exact FPS, but it wasn't slow in the slightest. And here I was afraid my machine couldn't run the game :p

Sora_N

Picked up the Saint's Row pack this morning before I left for work.

Total pickups:
Binding of Isaac - $2.23
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition - $9.99
Civilization Collection (Summer 2012) - $24.99
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack - $13.29

Total: $50.5

Not bad. I've put maybe a couple hours into Binding of Isaac (couldn't really get into it), and I logged 32'ish hours into Civ V since Friday night.

I couldn't get into Isaac either.

My total pickups:

Myself:
Max Payne Bundle $3.74
Portal 2 $4.99
Dear Esther $2.49
Just Cause 2 $3.74
Botanicula $2.49
The Longest Journey $2.49
Binding of Isaac 1.25
Ys Oath $5.09
Universe Sandbox $2.49

Gift:
Saints Row 3rd $12.49
Costume Quest $3.74

Total: 45

Didn't expect to spend so much, lol

Nairume

Banned
I've got a couple bucks and am being indecisive about a last minute choice. GAF, which would you recommend over the others: Arx Falatis, Freedom Force vs the Third Reich, Wizorb, Psychonauts, or one of the New Vegas DLCs?

gdt

Took me 8 hours to beat on normal difficulty. It's not a long game and it's not very hard, though it has annoying spots near the end.

Took me 12. I swear, I just seem to take forever. Spec Ops The Line took me 9 hours on the hardest difficulty.

Top Bottom