• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

bonesquad

This was an odd sale for me. It was full of games on my wishlist going on sale, but then I didn't buy them anyways. Many of the games on my list I threw on there when I happened to hear them mentioned, but looking at them they didn't look good to me (Recettear, Qube, Botanicula, EYE, Krater...).

I did miss Killing Floor (I know, I know, it will be on sale soon enough:), and wish I thought of grabbing the Frozen Synapse DLC after actually playing the game now. I wish Lone Survivor dropped cheaper since it was the only game in that last Humble Bundle I didn't have so I skipped it back then.

I did get Legend of Grimrock which is great, and the Isaac DLC (which still sits in my inventory after hearing it makes the game harder). But that's it, and those were day 2 purchases if I recall. Now I'm thinking about any last minute purchases...

ShaneB

My damage… ugh… this is a lot more than I realized. LOL I guess for what I had in my Steam Wallet, this is a nice bounty of games. Adding a few comments as well.

Legend of Grimrock – Can’t wait to play this, any game that feels retro in nature and a callback to days of yore, I’m all for it.
Pixeljunk Eden – Interested in checking this out, anything unique is always a plus.
Hard Reset – Wanted to play this for a while, sci-fi goodness wrapped in a old school style fps? Great!
Darksiders – Double dipped on this, played it on 360, but want to replay it before eventually playing Ds2
Binding of Isaac – Loving this game so far, the art style always turned me off before, but glad I bite the bullet, lots of fun, but wish the items were explained in game. Joytokey makes it much more fun as well.
The Witcher 2 – Love CDPR, but kinda regret this purchase as I wonder when I’ll ever get around to playing it and it’ll cheaper no doubt.
The Walking Dead – Finished Episode 1 last night, terrific so far, and I hear Episode 2 cranks everything up to 11.
Fear – Will be fun to play this sometime too as maybe it’s a hidden gem of a shooter.
Stacking – Love Double Fine, and any game that feels light hearted amongst a sea of games trying to be serious and failing, this will be a nice change of pace.
Just Cause 2 – Hope the multiplayer mod takes off, I can see this being a tonne of fun.
NFS: Hot Pursuit – Played it for a little bit to satisfy my curiosity, I like it, but much prefer open world style racers it seems like Burnout Paradise.
Dragon Age Origins:UE – Been on my ‘to play’ list for a while, but a shame that apparently 2 sucks so bad
Galactic Civilizations II – Mr Winwood sold me on this, can’t wait to get lost in this confusing mess and love it!
Botanicula – Cute little adventure game that like Stacking will be a fun change of pace.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet – The Trailer looks so stylish, love how insane it looks. Sorry for the pun.
Burnout Paradise UB – Double Dipped on this as well after playing it so much on 360. Still as fun as ever, and online is great times.
Divine Divinity – Got this after hearing the praise early in the threads. A 2D Skyrim? Hell yeah!!
Ys Oath in Felghana – Action rpgs like this are always a treat, and I’ve never played a Ys game, so I’m glad I bought this.
Arma2/Day Z – Bought this the very last minute, knew I’d regret it, but I’m excited as hell to see what Day Z is all about.
I guess I’ll include The Last Remnant as well.

All in total for about 120$. 2 new console games. I guess that puts things in perspective. I love PC gaming.

There were a few things I missed that I kinda wanted, but with that

Was gifted…
Dear Esther – Thanks GoingGreen!
Quantum Conundrum – Thanks Mr Elysia! Reps!!! Wooooo

Edit: forgot as well, bought The Walking Dead for a friend was away on his Honeymoon during this sale.

How good is Jade Empire? I never played it and have had it on my wish list for like two years now and I'm pretty sure this is the first time its been on sale. Is it worth playing? I like Bioware's other stuff it that matters. I don't know I've already spent so much.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
OMG

Xelios is truly da bes!

Gifted me Arma II: CO :eek:

Thank you very much!

You're welcome! & Thank you for my LEGO fix. =)

But seriously, I've watched you not only help people with gifting the entire sale but sit around and answer their technical issues and various other things. Couldn't think of anyone more deserving of the extra copy I picked up.

I did get Legend of Grimrock which is great, and the Isaac DLC (which still sits in my inventory after hearing it makes the game harder). But that's it, and those were day 2 purchases if I recall. Now I'm thinking about any last minute purchases...

The Isaac DLC makes it harder? Haven't noticed. From what I understand, it makes it easier.

Ultimadrago

The Isaac DLC makes it harder? Haven't noticed. From what I understand, it makes it easier.

Yeah, it adds more items which help make it easier.
Also adds more achievements based on lucky finds to pick up and more dungeon to trudge through for "real endings", which makes it harder (if you're trying to 100%)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And probably the last gift I'll be getting, and thank you SO much Speevy for the game! ♥

p8TiK.gif

ccdy7.png

Sysgen

Bought the Longest Journey and sort of regret it as it exemplifies perfectly why I like to buy older games on GOG. GOG actually puts in time to make sure the game is free of compatibility issues whereas on Steam, it's just thrown up there. Within the first scene of the game, there were some graphical flickering (the tree which was pertinent to the first puzzle).

GOG isn't perfect. Could not run Planescape due to 100% cpu usage.

You're welcome! & Thank you for my LEGO fix. =)

But seriously, I've watched you not only help people with gifting the entire sale but sit around and answer their technical issues and various other things. Couldn't think of anyone more deserving of the extra copy I picked up.

He is a great GAF member. He even helped me in buying from the US store. Never hesitated to help. Thanks Cloudius!

bigace33

Just shooting it out there, if anyone wants to trade either LA Noire or 40,000 Space Marines for Fallout 3 GOTY , I'd be game. B^)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Yesterday I got SPAZ from DTKT and I have already played it for 4 hours today. Pretty cool game.

It is a really cool game! Next time I start I'm gonna make my galaxy smaller though, so it doesn't seem so long between advancement.

Ultimadrago

OH GOD

How was Bioshock 2? Yay or nay?

Yay.

Pros

More interpersonal story, better puzzles than the stupid pipes in Bioshock 1, Using the Big Daddy drill to slaughter, a non-terrible ending.

Cons

More interpersonal story, tacked on multi-player mode, if you've seen Rapture before the novelty is gone

haikira

OH GOD

General opinion is they tightened up combat and difficulty. But it's not quite as engaging as the original. In part probably, because it's rapture again.

EDIT: I completed and enjoyed it though. If you liked the original, I'd say go for it.

marrec

Banned
OH GOD

Did you like Bioshock because the narrative or the mechanics?

If you want Bioshock 2 for the story, avoid. If you want Bioshock 2 because you want to go back to Rapture and shoot more bees out of your wrist, BUY!

There are better items but it also adds more annoying bosses and enemies. It feels like the spider bosses have weird hitboxes when they jump around.

And take mad hits to destroy and frigging trap you. Not to mention more Greed and Greed-likes.

So glad I took care of the no hit run achievements before getting it.

MajorPain

Ended buying The Witcher 2 yesterday and passed on Skyrim becuase of the controls.

Anyone play both games? Am I going to be sorry? Which one did you like better?

I will probably pick up Skyrim at a future sale anyway.

Nevasleep

"Failed to Contact Key Server" on Burnout Paradise :(
Yay for digital distribution, how long does it usually take for new keys to be obtained?

Enco

Did you like Bioshock because the narrative or the mechanics?

If you want Bioshock 2 for the story, avoid. If you want Bioshock 2 because you want to go back to Rapture and shoot more bees out of your wrist, BUY!
I was going to get it but it has a 15 machine activation limit?

marrec

Banned
It was suggested I play the game for awhile first because of previously mentioned boss additions. I'm sure I'll add in the DLC soon enough:)

I put 175 hours into Isaac before the DLC and thought that the new item additions made it significantly easier, but I'd put in a few hours before adding the new dungeons. Spiders suck.

Top Bottom