• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

which is the better game Ys: oath or Ys: origin?
Both good for different aspects. Oath in Felghana has more focus in telling a story and has more traditional rpg elements. Origin is more action based, you continually move up in a large tower.

Oath might be a tad better, but it's balanced out by Origin's newer graphics and other tweaks.

HoosTrax

Haha, I'm guessing I've asked something I shouldn't have :p
After the whole drawn out saga of this Summer Sale where everyone thought it would be the end of June, which resulted in weeks of Gaffers trolling each other and constant angst and bitter tears each day there wasn't a sale...yes I would say so :p

Pretty decent sale got soured by overpaying by $10 for SR3.

I FOLLOWED THE RULES GABE. WHY DO YOU FORSAKE ME?!
The one game I bought from Amazon this sale...I should have known something horrible like this would happen to me. I'm kind of considering just buying the franchise pack and gifting away the base game.

Pretty decent sale got soured by overpaying by $10 for SR3.

I FOLLOWED THE RULES GABE. WHY DO YOU FORSAKE ME?!

In this case, I wouldn't feel bad. The DLC really isn't necessary for the game, and it feels a bit disconnected since all of the VAs couldn't come back to make the story stuff as meaty as the main game stuff.

tjohn86

In this case, I wouldn't feel bad. The DLC really isn't necessary for the game, and it feels a bit disconnected since all of the VAs couldn't come back to make the story stuff as meaty as the main game stuff.

I bought the Franchise for $25 when it was first a daily.

Haunted

Last day of the sales got me. I bought more games than in the preceding week.

After an initial survey of the damage... worst purchase: Terraria, biggest missed opportunity L4D2, best purchase: Red Faction: Guerilla for 2 fucking 50.

Even the deals I didn't pull the trigger on were amazing. The rise of the Indie bundle and this steam sale have shattered my perception of video game value deals in 2012. I had trouble justifying full price 50-60EUR purchases before, but now they seem simply ridiculous to me.

Wunder

I bought the Franchise for $25 when it was first a daily.

To be fair, the 'daily only' rules were thrown out the window relatively fast once the Community Choice and Flash Sales really started kicking in. What's the point of giving a great deal on a 36-hour timer when you can put it up for 12 or 8?

Hey GAF, I have a few questions regarding the Fallout: New Vegas DLC:

First off, are they all worth it or should I only get a select few? I remember hearing a lot of good things about Old World Blues when that came out.

If I only buy one or two of them, though, do I get the full level cap increase? Like, say, if I only bought Lonesome Road, does my level cap increase from 30 to 50? Or does it only go up by 5 even though I bought the last piece of DLC? Do I get any of the perks introduced in Dead Money through Old World Blues? Or are the perks and/or level caps only attached to each specific DLC?

Thanks.

Firebrand

After the whole drawn out saga of this Summer Sale where everyone thought it would be the end of June, which resulted in weeks of Gaffers trolling each other and constant angst and bitter tears each day there wasn't a sale...yes I would say so :p

The one game I bought from Amazon this sale...I should have known something horrible like this would happen to me. I'm kind of considering just buying the franchise pack and gifting away the base game.
I could be wrong, but I don't think you can gift away single items from the bundle.

Petrie

Banned
Did anyone get an extra copy of Arma2 CO while it was 40% theyd sell to me? I thought I bought one for me and one for my girl, but apparently did not.

Haunted

Can you please tell me more?
It's no Minecraft, that's for sure.

Even though there are many similarities, I've heard so many people say that they love one but hate the other - as a Minecraft addict, I probably should've known this wouldn't end well. :lol

It just doesn't feel good to play for me - the blocks are too small, the controls are finicky, the physics are messed up, the art style is disappointing up close... moving around in Minecraft's 3D world simply feels much more intuitive and natural. They have lots of similarities on paper, but worlds of difference in practice. I tried one co-op session with my Minecraft buddy for an hour or so and we haven't touched it or talked about it since.

*priceisrightloserhorn*

edit: Of course it's just my opinion, many of my friends totally swear by it, with hundreds of hours logged (that's why I bought it! :D). oh well.

tjohn86

To be fair, the 'daily only' rules were thrown out the window relatively fast once the Community Choice and Flash Sales really started kicking in. What's the point of giving a great deal on a 36-hour timer when you can put it up for 12 or 8?

This kills the steam sale.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hey GAF, I have a few questions regarding the Fallout: New Vegas DLC:

First off, are they all worth it or should I only get a select few? I remember hearing a lot of good things about Old World Blues when that came out.

If I only buy one or two of them, though, do I get the full level cap increase? Like, say, if I only bought Lonesome Road, does my level cap increase from 30 to 50? Or does it only go up by 5 even though I bought the last piece of DLC? Do I get any of the perks introduced in Dead Money through Old World Blues? Or are the perks and/or level caps only attached to each specific DLC?

Thanks.

Get the story DLC stuff. They're all "worth it." Also, considering how it's on sale for a dollar, get Gun Runners' Arsenal, too.

DLC-related perks are only available through the DLC. And, no, I don't believe you get the full level cap if you only buy some of the DLC.

Cheddahz

Banned
I would pick up The Last Remnant, but I still have Persona 4 to complete and I need to actually start playing Xenoblade sometime soon

I'm just already JRPG'd out

I showed a lot of restraint in this sale and didn't do too badly.
$15.99 The Witcher 2

$3.74 S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

$4.99 STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl

$3.74 Stacking

$14.99 The Walking Dead

$7.49 Left 4 Dead Bundle

$4.99 Alice Madness Returns

$2.49 Terraria

Total $58.42

So far The Walking Dead has been my favorite purchase of the sale. Really enjoyed the first two episodes and can't wait to play the rest.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
But none of the other flash/community deals had different pricing though

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks for the impressions, Haunted!

MNC

I kind of miss some big impulse single player games. I dont feel the satisfaction i felt in previous sales, ie buying stalker, dead space, oblivion, gta, witcher 1, bulletstorm. I think the bigger titles for a big impulse price. I guess it has to do with the fact theres less i want thanks to buying alot of games in previous sales, but, iunno... not as satisfied as before.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Absolutely man, PM me sir!

edit: Wait, I can't buy another copy if I already bought it :(?

edit 2: From the moderators - It is currently impossible to buy more than once copy of a game per account and there's now way around it.

7L7Li.gif

edit 2: From the moderators - It is currently impossible to buy more than once copy of a game per account and there's now way around it.

7L7Li.gif
You can buy it as a gift, but since this is a key from GMG. Just send him the key. :p
Oh wait, you're talking about GMG? I'm stumped. Never bought 2 of the same things from them.

Askani

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Stacking
Toy Soldiers
Blades of Time - Limited Edition
Project Freedom
Heroes of Annihilated Empires
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes - I am the Boss DLC

About $45 total. I feel I did okay. I already beat Star Wars: TFU I too, so I'm even making progress instead of backloging! Huzzah!

Yoshichan

You can buy it as a gift, but since this is a key from GMG. Just send him the key. :p
How ._.? I'm trying to find the "Gift" button

edit: Argh, you edited that in didn't you?!

drizzle

Axel Hertz

7L7Li.gif

I guess you could refer yourself on another email, create another account, buy on this new account using the 20% off discount you can only use once per account, get a 2 bucks bonus on your main account and give the person the key when it comes out.

But that would be frowned upon, I believe.

robotnik

I'm done.

Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack
The Binding Of Isaac
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Ys Origin
Bastion
Botanicula
Scratches
Time Gentlemen, Please!
The Blackwell Bundle
Noitu Love 2 Devolution
Ys The Oath in Felghana

And gift, Half-Life 2: Episode Two.

G.Newell

A question regarding the fallout games. Ive played both Fallout 3 and New vegas but ive not played any of the dlc's. Which of the two do you think i should get and obviously i would be getting the GOTY/Ultimate edition

Top Bottom