• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Salsa

50 Shades of Speevy?

off topic, but im taking an english course (after years of stupidly learning by myself knowing i'd need some kind of paper or proof that says I can speak the language) and this girl today came in saying she just read an amazing romantic novel

yup

and she went on an on about it

DSmalls84

Ended buying The Witcher 2 yesterday and passed on Skyrim becuase of the controls.

Anyone play both games? Am I going to be sorry? Which one did you like better?

I will probably pick up Skyrim at a future sale anyway.

What's wrong with Skyrim controls? It supports kb&m as well as a 360 pad and has super easy modding. I like both of those games though and would not skip either.

Xater

I just learned that a Mac version of Endless Space is coming. So my planing for the Steam Holiday Sale already begins right now :p

MNC

89485960.png

Do tell.

Hahaha that's amazing.

I don't know if I buy Fallout NV ultimate or not! Sonic CD? PixelJunk?

RiverBed

Banned
At last year's Summer sale, I bought over 15 games. This time I only bought one: Dear Esther.

The main reason is that I only played a few since the last sale and also, if there is a console version then I prefer that copy due to pads. I can never get used to how unatural and weird it feels to play on the keyboard (even the basic directional buttons aren't alined!) and fighting with the software to plug in my DS is annoying in itself.

I really wanted to get Witcher 2 and Anno 2070, but I'll wait for it to get cheaper since I almost didn't touch my PC gaming wise. Why buy more PC games when I have a catalog of 80 games?!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
off topic, but im taking an english course (after years of stupidly learning by myself knowing i'd need some kind of paper or proof that says I can speak the language) and this girl today came in saying she just read an amazing romantic novel

yup

Tell her you wrote the novel she's reading. She'll fall in love with you.

Trust me.

I'm good with women.

Yup.

marrec

Banned

yup

Oh wow, so I'm assuming she isn't a native English speaker?

Got pretty much everything I wanted for the sale except Psychonauts, costume quest, and the season pass for Saints Row 3. I always feel like the next sale isn't going to have much left for me to buy, then it rolls around and I see dozens of games I didn't even know I wanted. : D

Celegus

I'd vote yay on SR3 pack, game is so much fun! I haven't even liked a "GTA-style" game since GTA2, and I'm having a blast with it. And I vote nay on Bioshock 2, nowhere near as engrossing as the first. Sure the combat and gameplay is tighter, but it felt like a slog to get through (but that could be from high expectations from the first game).

Danielsan

It's an amazing game. DO IT!
Bought!

I also want to thank everyone in this thread for making the sale a wonderful and exiting experience. And special thanks go out to Yoshichan, Xater, Salsashark, echothreealpha and Almostheathen for the great gifts. And Dragonlife for the Left 4 Dead 2 tips and Ys button configuration.

Steam GAF is awesome!

Salsa

Oh wow, so I'm assuming she isn't a native English speaker?

none of us are, but (not trying to come off as all high and migthy about it) some people in class are waaaay below the level of others, so not only was she going deep about the book but she was also doing it in all kinds of wrong ways, fucking up sentences, bad pronunciation, just any kind of mistake you could imagine

I know they're all there to learn but man, I was dying. I feel justified though cause whatever she was defending that god awful book

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Steam GAF is awesome!
No, YOU are awesome Danielsan! It's been fun as heck :3
Better yet: you star in the novel she's reading.

Might want to buy some condoms beforehand, because it's going to get pretty crazy.
I'm dying of laughter :lol
I put 175 hours into Isaac before the DLC and thought that the new item additions made it significantly easier, but I'd put in a few hours before adding the new dungeons. Spiders suck.
Fuck, 175 hours?! Now I really want to play Binding of Isaac... thanks again for gifting me it Credo!

KarmaCow

So, OMD!, is the DLC worth getting or is the base game enough?

I haven't really played the maps much yet but the items are good. I use the Floor Scorcher and acid bomb things a lot. I'd say the maps are worth it too of the little I played.

EDIT: Also if you buy only the weapons you wont have enough points to fully upgrade every weapon/trap. You'll need the maps that if you care about that sort of thing.

Xater

No one has any opinion on jagged alliance? Good or bad? (I guess that says it all doesn't it :p).

I think I mentioned it before but after watching the Giantbomb QL of it I wanted no part in it. Today I tried out Jagged Alliance Online which is browser based and F2P. You actually get single player missions in it and PVP. Seems to be the superior game.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
none of us are, but (not trying to come off as all high and migthy about it) some people in class are waaaay below the level of others, so not only was she going deep about the book but she was also doing it in all kinds of wrong ways, fucking up sentences, bad pronunciation, just any kind of mistake you could imagine

I know they're all there to learn but man, I was dying. I feel justified though cause whatever she was defending that god awful book
LOL

where are you taking these classes? (and which course, so I know if I should laugh or cry :p)

I thrive in the Winter. Because that's half of an Alaskan year so I'm forced to do it. Should prepare (GOOD) hot cocoa, none of that watery crap.

Top Bottom