• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

Don't know if it's been posted but Max Payne 1+2 = $3.74, and each game alone is $2.49. It says daily deal also.

I guess that's what I'm grabbing today, been meaning to try these games.

BioHazard

I think Anno is supposed to be 66% because that is what the complete pack is marked at. That means it would be $16.67. At that price I will definitely pick it up, but not at $25.

I noticed that too. I'm a little hesitant at $25 for the game, but $25 for the game and all DLC? Much better. Strange that they are the same price...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
5 bucks for all those Tribes goodies is pretty tempting. I'm considering it just for the permanent 50% xp boost.

McNum

If some of you are considering Sonic Generations, you might want to know that it doesn't control all that well on a keyboard. You'll want a controller for it, preferably an Xbox 360 controller as it uses those button prompts. Other than that, though, it's a decent PC port.

HiiiLife

GAF what would be some time consuming single player games to look out for when I don't have access to Internet? Currently bought Shogun 2 as my go to "single player" game. Suggestions would be appreciated :)

Atrophis

Wait, graw2 is no good? I voted for it. What is gaf's opinion on the game? No good?

The PC version and the console versions are different. The console version is decent and is like the first Advanced Warfigher. The PC version is meant to be more like the original Ghost Recon but is so buggy its barely playable.

Jzero

does the Binding of Isaac DLC work right away once you start the game or do you have to do anything to make it work?

JoeBoy101

Indie Pack for me I think.

I've never played Tribes yet, should I buy the Starter pack while it's on sale?

Yes. Unlocks the other classes and such, which is very useful. Otherwise, you have to get it via in-game XP.

$20 is a bit much for it, but $5 is a steal.

Also, for the thread, MP 3 at that price is very worthwhile. An extremely good R* game with a much better plot that expected.

Plus it looks like the bee's knees.

Levyne

Banned
I have a dumb question (newbie here)

if I put something in my cart does that preserve the price for later? Common sense tells me no but I can hope

BioHazard

The PC version and the console versions are different. The console version is decent and is like the first Advanced Warfigher. The PC version is meant to be more like the original Ghost Recon but is so buggy its barely playable.

Pretty much sums it all up perfectly. I actually prefer the console GRAWs to the PC

HiiiLife

Don't know if it's been posted but Max Payne 1+2 = $3.74, and each game alone is $2.49. It says daily deal also.

I guess that's what I'm grabbing today, been meaning to try these games.

Did you manually have to search that in the bar? Cause I didn't find it in the Main Sales page.. Now I wonder how many games I missed out on cause all I paid attention to is Daily Deals and Flash Deals. D'oh.

massoluk

Banned
Having bought a shit ton of publisher's packs in the last few years, looks like my wallet will be safe this year. Only $12.50 of damage so far from Saint Rows 3. Asscreed Rev likely to be the next.

LM4sure

Banned

Thanks, you saved me 2.50

BiggNife

I'm happy SSF4AE went on sale

If you're remotely interested in trying a fighting game, I can't recommend AE enough, it's maybe the best fighting game I've ever played (Third Strike fans will probably murder me for saying that but whatever)

Is there anyway to buy things while in a country with a different currency? I'm out of the country for the weekend and steam won't let me complete purchases

yogloo

Any other tomb raider games worth buying? I never liked the original tank control, but I like the legacy of kain type control. Which of the tomb raider games would I like?

TheChits

I am in utter disbelief. SS4AE is a GFWL game and I didn't read one person dog it or the game! Wow GAF I am proud!

It's just that good
3AQmK.gif

Hagi

bought Sonic for my gf i think i'm pretty much done till Skyrim or Fallout 3 pop up in a daily or flash.

Portal 2, BttF and Sonic for just under £15 is pretty awesome for my first sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom