• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyccko

Man, I really want Botanicula, but nothing else in the indie 2 bundle is catching my fancy. Maybe Splice, I dunno. Is it any good? I liked the visual style on display in the quicklook, but is it fun?

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
About $70 spent thus far on upwards of 30 games maybe. I finally dipped below $200 in my Steam Wallet. I hope $200 is enough for the rest of the sale. Got most of the smaller stuff out of the way.

Dynoro

Is indie pack 2 worth it if you already have Botanicula, EYE and Universe Sandbox? I've heard very mixed things about Oil Rush and almost nothing about Splice.

On the fence about PayDay, someone convince me....
It has a lot of bullet sponges. That put me off most of all.
Is indie pack 2 worth it if you already have Botanicula, EYE and Universe Sandbox? I've heard very mixed things about Oil Rush and almost nothing about Splice.
GB did a quicklook on Splice. Looks good to me, I think Jeff Mattas talked about it on Weekend Confirmed once iirc.

I've got Binary Domain and Hard Reset mixed up in my head. At least one is supposed to be pretty good, right? Which one was it that Patrick was discussing on the Bombcast recently...?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Binding of Issac for 1.25? I might bite...

I already have it from a previous bundle but played it for like 10 minutes. Since Wrath of the lamb is under a buck though, I feel stupid not buying it.

According to the Steam description for Max Payne 1, it says that it won't work on Windows 7. Is there a workaround for this?

I know I should use Google, but I don't have too much bandwidth usage left :(
It works, but there's a sound bug that you'll need to get a fan patch for that you can find on the Steam forum for Max Payne.

I personally feel they're a waste of money. After playing the full game, I had no desire to play the challenge maps I bought. Which is not a slam at all. The game is awesome. The DLC, not so much.

Played Lara Croft:GoL on the PS3 but I agree great game but the dlc is basically score attack and not as fun as the base game. Actually I'm kinda bummed that I played this and Clash of Heroes on the PS3 they're so good but I wish I had waited to experience better graphics(Lara Croft) and better loading times(Clash of Heroes) on the PC.

Binary Domain, catapult37

XOMTOR

So do you think someone who was a huge fan of the PS1 game would appreciate getting anniversary as a gift?

Some die hard Tomb Raider fans balked the changes made to Anniversary but I enjoy both. As a gift, I'd hope they would appreciate it; it really is a damn fine game.

Recall

I got the Sega Hit collection pack and Its not giving me access to all the megadrive games. It is just showing/launching the first pack even though it states in the DLC section I have bought them all :(

feel

Damn, this is (in my case) another underwhelming set of discounts and voting to wake up to.

Grabbed Isaac Collection.

Skipped the bundle because I only care about Botanicula and Divine Cybermancy, will get them by themselves on last day or during a daily/flash.

What's the discount on max payne 3? (region blocked here)

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
If you didn't post that I would have completed missed that... and it's part of the daily deal.. how am I suppose to know that from steam?

See a sequel on the daily deal, check the previous iterations to see if it's on sale? I mean.. I clicked on the Lara Croft flash deals and it gave me a list of Lara Croft games on sale..
Yeah that's what I did. Gonna do it for the next 10 days too.

Also, Steamprices.com is helpful as I make them show I hope a list format for highest percent discount and go down list of all 75% off games.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I've got Binary Domain and Hard Reset mixed up in my head. At least one is supposed to be pretty good, right? Which one was it that Patrick was discussing on the Bombcast recently...?

That would be Binary Domain and it's excellent

Hard Reset ain't bad either but different game (TPS vs FPS)

Falxix

According to the Steam description for Max Payne 1, it says that it won't work on Windows 7. Is there a workaround for this?

I know I should use Google, but I don't have too much bandwidth usage left :(

Mine works on Windows 7. There was a weird sound problem I had that I was able to fix. The common problems were sound and mouse issues that have community fixes.

edit: beaten :/

Mairu

Anyone play Tomb Raider Underworld? Wondering whether it's worth $5. I've played Legend on 360 and already have Anniversary.

Guanoape

Neo Member
Only Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for me today. Everyone should buy The Binding of Isaac though. It's the best €1,25 I've ever spent.

kai3345

Banned
I've got an Alienware which runs games like TF2 or Mass Effect 2 perfectly but Binding of Issac of all things is having trouble running smoothly on my machine. wtf

Posting again post-daily deals wave.

I'm locked out of my account so I'm waiting on Steam Support...
I really hope I don't miss too many dailies :(

Sonic looks good.

Binary Domain is what they've been talking about on the Bombcast, and I'll second that it's worth playing through. Haven't played Hard Reset myself yet but I hear that's good too.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Space Marine for €5? Eh, yes please.

btw Hard Reset is incredible. At the current price it'd be a crime not to get it

Still nothing for me. I have enough games in my Steam list to play (Skyrim, DE:HR, Payday, CS:GO beta, DOTP13 and much more besides) to make buying anything pretty redundant currently. Tempted by the Tribes Ascend starter given the lifetime 50% XP bonus though. It's whether I'd play it.

KingKong

about From Dust, it's kind of like a god game right? can you do crazy stuff like make resevoirs and mess with storms?

is there a free play mode?

I've got an Alienware which runs games like TF2 or Mass Effect 2 perfectly but Binding of Issac of all things is having trouble running smoothly on my machine. wtf

Yeah, it runs like crap. I can run Crysis at 60fps and everything that moves in Isaac is constantly flickering. game should be free and play in a browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom