• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So I'm currently being screwed by Steam. Bought the Anno 2070 Collection and it's stuck in limbo. Can't launch it because my purchase is still being processed. It's in my library but no money removed from Paypal or e-mail confirmation. Can't purchase any more games with any payment method because of errors. Hope this resolves itself but I sent a support (lol) message off just in case.

Mangotron

So, which LC/Tomb Raider games are good?

Guardian of Light is great, especially if you have someone to co-op with. It's not like the other 3 games though. Anniversary is probably the hardest of the other 3 since it's a remake of the PS1/PC game. Legend is really easy, and Underworld is the prettiest.

Honestly all 4 are pretty great if you like puzzle/action games.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, at €2.34 for the game, soundtrack and DLC or €1.24 for just the game you might as well and just go ahead and chance it I reckon. Even if you don't enjoy it too much it's not a huge amount that is lost either way.
You're right, $1.98 is actually cheaper than a coffee at a local Starbucks, so I'll bite on it.

...and done!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Any other tomb raider games worth buying? I never liked the original tank control, but I like the legacy of kain type control. Which of the tomb raider games would I like?

All of them are pretty awesome. I bought them all last years for pretty much the same price I think.

The Binding of Isaac Collection
From Dust
are mine.

P.S. my backlog is locked in the basement, chained to a wall, crying in agony...

Sora_N

Total damage done so far:
Max Payne Bundle 3.74
Portal 2 4.99
= 8.73

I'm just waiting to see if Ys Oath and Origin will drop more and I'm done!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dungeons of Dredmor DLC bought
Lara Croft: GoL DLC bought
SpaceChem DLC bought

Curse you, Gaben.

Ohh, so it's a Tomb Raider series sale. That changes things as I already have Guardians of Light, but none of the others.

I know that Anniversary is the one that I usually see recommended, but I think that I played a bit of that on 360 already, so I might go with Underworld instead. That one is pretty well received as well, right?

HiiiLife

The servers are usually hit with heavy traffic during these sales correct? So would it be wise to just buy the game then install it later? Maybe early mornings? Or even after the sales? Cause right now I see Shogun 2 and TF2 occupying a lot of my time.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I really want Anno but I will never buy it with Tages, I hope it ends up on GOG someday if they won't remove it.

zbarron

Sorry if it has already been asked but at 116 pages the thread is somewhat impenetrable. Is there anything in the registry for an Ys pack with both Oath and Origin? I want to pick up Oath for 5 and don't mind if it goes a few dollars cheaper.

Enco

I lost all of my save data when I reinstalled windows (despite keeping my My Documents and Steam folder). So no, it's still a cookie. :(
What the fuck is this shit? Cookie save?

Nothing interesting in the dailies. Hopefully the next vote and flash deals are good.

KingKong

are the Tomb Raider GOL challenge packs worth buying?

I'm not sure if thats some kind of multiplayer only thing or extra content, are challenge packs full levels or just like score attack arenas?

KarmaCow

I lost all of my save data when I reinstalled windows (despite keeping my My Documents and Steam folder). So no, it's still a cookie. :(

That's weird, I just copied the steam folder with the text file that's supposed to be the save and it worked just fine for me.

Levyne

Banned

I'm not sure if thats some kind of multiplayer only thing or extra content, are challenge packs full levels or just like score attack arenas?

I also want to know this. Also the Character DLC pack

Decado

Hmmm...thinking The Binding of Isiac, Space Marines and Worms Reloaded.

Is Worms Reloaded worth it if you have Armageddon on XBLA? Has it received great mods or patches for single player or local co-op?

1-D_FTW

I personally feel they're a waste of money. After playing the full game, I had no desire to play the challenge maps I bought. Which is not a slam at all. The game is awesome. The DLC, not so much.

And yeah, from what I could see, they're more score attack. Not adventure levels like the full game.

Any other tomb raider games worth buying? I never liked the original tank control, but I like the legacy of kain type control. Which of the tomb raider games would I like?

None of them have tank controls anymore.

Shambles

Looks like worms went up on the flash sales. I've always loved worms but don't like how they cut up the game into so many DLC pieces. I'd normally be tempted to just buy a 4 pack so i can give it to people to play with me but the 4pack doesn't include any DLC. On the fence.

Sianos

Hm, Max Payne 1 and 2 for $3.75? I'm tempted. Looks like I do have a deal to think about.

I'll wait until tomorrow to see what its deals and flashes are before I bite.

According to the Steam description for Max Payne 1, it says that it won't work on Windows 7. Is there a workaround for this?

I know I should use Google, but I don't have too much bandwidth usage left :(

That's weird, I just copied the steam folder with the text file that's supposed to be the save and it worked just fine for me.

Yeah, I believe it was fixed shortly after the game was released. Now it's either the "myFile" or "serial" text files in your Binding of Isaac Steam folder that you want to hold on to. I've used CCleaner numerous times to clear flash cookies and it's never once erased my data.

Merguson

Banned
Max Payne 1/2 bundle for 75% off too. Sold!

If you didn't post that I would have completed missed that... and it's part of the daily deal.. how am I suppose to know that from steam?

See a sequel on the daily deal, check the previous iterations to see if it's on sale? I mean.. I clicked on the Lara Croft flash deals and it gave me a list of Lara Croft games on sale..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom